HW Soccer Fanatics

bombTHEice

Ronaldinho has transferred to AC Milan. I wonder if his new team will allow him to compete in the Olympic. As a soccer fan, it's always nice to see him play. As a US fan, anything to make other teams weaker is nice. I have no idea what other U-23 teams are like, but the US team impressed me last summer. Adu and the gang will be fun to watch. I'm guessing Donovan will be one of the overage players and I think Onyewu should be another to help solidify the back line. The 3rd player is anyone's guess.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well those Arsenal fans are the most boring ones i've ever witnessed. No singing no nothing. Well they aren't called "Boring Arsenal" for nothing.. well we showed how it should be..had a blast. Though we didnt have a chance, it was a pathetic 4-0..though i had 2 great days in London.

2008-2009 CL1

Group A

CHELSEA

ROMA

BORDEAUX

CFR CLUJ

Group B

INTER MILAN

WERDER BREMEN

PANATHINAKOS

ANOTHOSIS FAMAGUSTA

Group C

BARCELONA

SPORTING LISBON

BASEL

SHAKHTAR DONESTSK

Group D

LIVERPOOL

PSV

MARSEILLE

ATLETICO MADRID

Group E

MAN UTD

VILLARREAL

CELTIC

AALBORG

Group F

LYON

BAYERN MUNICH

STEAUA BUCHAREST

FIORENTINA

Group G

ARSENAL

PORTO

FENERBACHE

DYNAMO KIEV

Group H

REAL MADRID

JUVENTUS

ZENIT ST PETERSBURG

BATE BORSOV

Looks like Liverpool and Marseille (my 2 favorites team) are set up to be in the same group again and again. Sucks !

Good Luck Nicolas with Liverpool heading to Liege for the pre-round Champions League. We gotta play Arsenal, also not very easy. Hope it will be nice, i probably will be going to both games!

Thanks bud. Standard was the better team though.. than that %*$$çà?? Kuyt!! in extratime.. *sigh* Go Liverpool!! :glare:

Yeah Congratz on that 0-1 win vs Arsenal, but you woke up Arsenal.They played very good. No chance at all, we lost 4-0..

Now Twente playes Stade Rennes for the Uefa cup, we have a little more chance now, maybe im going. But a 18 hours in the car in 2 days aint my favourite thing!

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

• 1 month later...

We defeated Stade Rennes tonight and advance to the Group stage in the Uefa cup. WOEHOE!!! 4 more games!!

Standard Liege to, so we can meet Nicolas ;)

Edit: Standard is in the same bowl so we cant play against eachother, unfortunate..

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

• 3 weeks later...

And Liverpool beats Chelsea to take the top of the table. I eagerly await excuses from Blues and Red Devils fans. I'm sure there's some very good reasons why Liverpool doesn't deserve to be there.

*snickers*

Montreal Impact just made it yesterday to the quarter finals of the Concacaf Champion League.

HUGE PROPS !!! :clap:

Even though the Impact lost on Monday, they have made it through to the quarter finals. They finished with 3W-1L-2D for 11 points tied with Atlante for the lead in their division.

I went to see the impact play a month ago at Saputo Stadium, and I plan on going again next year!

Congrats to the boys.

• 4 weeks later...

CREW ARE MLS CHAMPS!

Yeah, the post is a little late, but it didn't dawn on me to post till now. I have hockey to thank for me finally getting interested in the Crew. I just started following soccer in general in 2004, but never got into the Crew. Last year, they had some of the top NHL draft prospects signing autographs before a Crew game, and I happened to have a buy-one-get-one-free coupon for a Crew, so I went with a friend. It was shortly after we got Guillermo Barros Schelotto and they ended up winning their first game in like two months and turning around their season. Kept following this year and quite enjoyed the Eastern Final last week. Was nice to beat McBride after he chose not to come back to the the Crew. Schelotto is the freakin' man!

• 3 weeks later...

2008/09 UEFA Champions League

First knockout round – to be played 24/25 February and 10/11 March

Team named first at home in first leg

Chelsea FC (ENG) v Juventus (ITA)

Villarreal CF (ESP) v Panathinaikos FC (GRE)

Sporting Clube de Portugal (POR) v FC Bayern München (GER)

Club Atlético de Madrid (ESP) v FC Porto (POR)

Olympique Lyonnais (FRA) v FC Barcelona (ESP)

Real Madrid CF (ESP) v Liverpool FC (ENG)

Arsenal FC (ENG) v AS Roma (ITA)

FC Internazionale Milano (ITA) v Manchester United FC (ENG)

Source : http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/news/...sid=788360.html

HUGE matchups : Liverpool - Real Madrid, Man U - Inter Milan some others are big too. It will be hard for my favourite team (Liverpool) to go through this year. GO REDS GO !!!

• 2 weeks later...