HW Soccer Fanatics

bombTHEice

Looks like the Montreal Impact will have a MLS team in 2012. Saputo called a huge press conference on friday.

• 2 weeks later...
Laurent Blanc to coach France ............ after the WC

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/sto...5901&ver=us

Not sure if he can put them back on track again though... France's depth is not what it used to be no more.

Another topic : Montreal Impact to host friendly games against Fiorentina and AC Milan this summer, 22$ for a tix against Fiorentina and 40ish against AC milan. Might be tempted to attend...

• 3 weeks later...

I'll go with Argentina. Messi's one helluva player, currently the best in the world in my opinion. It's hit or miss with the Argentinians tho, so we'll see.

I don't think Spain is going to go all the way this time. I also don't expect England to go all the way. They are always hyped and never accomplish anything. I'd say the chance that Rooney gets a red card is much greater than the limeys winning the whole thing.

It's going to be very interesting to see how the African nations will do, this being the first time the World Cup is being held on the African continent.

I also wonder what it's going to mean to Africa in general and South Africa specifically, hosting this World Cup. I doubt giving the 2008 Summer Olympics to China did much to promote democracy and basic human rights to people then, I doubt it's going to accomplish much now.

I'm very excited the big showdown starts today! The soccer World Cup is the biggest sporting event IMO.

GEEEEEERRRRMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANY !!!!!!!!

Red card or not, they owned the aussies. Pretty impressively talented young team. Loved their execution and their well executed rushing plays.

Oezil should have had 2 easy goals there. Pavelski, ahem I mean Podolski I think has been my fav player since last World Cup.

First team that played really good (beside South Korea and Ghana that played fairly well), i was starting to worry about the level of this tourney. But really enjoyed the Germans. Mesut Ozil was just awesome.

I wonder about this afternoon...i hope we dont start too good like last tourney. I think the Danes will be hard to beat, they have a good organization.

Somebody's gonna expect a Spanish inquisition tomorrow I'm sure.

Well... Swiss is one of the best underdogs team out there. This is a surprise, but I guess Spain were caught off guards there.

Anyway, GO ENGLAND GO !!!

I dont want to sound like a homer but we should have beaten both Slovenia and England

Well... it sounds like a homer :lol: . Seriously, England is playing really bad soccer. All these passes they missed were disgusting. Very dissapointed by my fav team so far...

Well... it sounds like a homer :lol: . Seriously, England is playing really bad soccer. All these passes they missed were disgusting. Very dissapointed by my fav team so far...

What?

All the English newspapers are giving FULL credit to the Algerian defense

We frustrated them; period

What?

All the English newspapers are giving FULL credit to the Algerian defense

We frustrated them; period

Well... I watched the game and saw MANY MANY MANY missed passes or opportunities... Not saying Algerie wasn't good, but just saying England sucked...

Well... I watched the game and saw MANY MANY MANY missed passes or opportunities... Not saying Algerie wasn't good, but just saying England sucked...

Come on

If England newspapers give us credit, that means we have done something right; they know their soccer

Gunners manager Arsene Wenger revealed he is a fan of the Algerian centre-back, who faced England last night.

And that led to stories he could be set to make a £4million swoop.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...l#ixzz0rQ8wsixQ