HW Soccer Fanatics

bombTHEice

Come on

If England newspapers give us credit, that means we have done something right; they know their soccer

Hey, I know Algeria played a tight defensive game, but I was refering to the MANY times England missed passes or gave away the ball to easily.

These plays had nothing to do with the opposite team, they were just played bad by England.

Hey, I know Algeria played a tight defensive game, but I was refering to the MANY times England missed passes or gave away the ball to easily.

These plays had nothing to do with the opposite team, they were just played bad by England.

:wacko: Im confused today (I slept 3 hours last night)

Sorry for the misunderstanding ^_^

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA @ Italy...looks good on them...

If Portugal can also get turfed sooner rather then later it'd be the perfect World Cup.

There's a lot to be read about Van Persie today in Swedish media. Apparently he was pissed off when he got sub'ed and gave the coach a piece of his mind.

I don't get it. What's wrong with the Dutch? It's like they always have to find something to get screwy over. Always with the brewing scandals. If there's no controversy, they'll create it. Whackjobs. :wacko:

I love the WC so far and have been astonished by the quality of images. I don't remember how it was in 2006, and maybe because it wasn't in HD, but wow great close-up replays and quality of picture overall. As for the games, Spain and Germany have been great to watch, while the dominance of South America so far is amazing. African and asians nations were nice to watch and give their 110% to make it through the 1st round. PRetty funny though that Canada, US and Russia are't even contenders in the world's #1 sport. Is it because we are too "sophisticated" in the pejorative sense? Anywyas, we don't have to talk politics. Just fun to watch.. and on HD :D

Interesting that the South American teams have been doing so well.

The quarterfinals are going to be very exciting.

Brazil - Holland

Uruguay - Ghana

Argentina - Germany

Paraguay - Spain

Too bad I'll be on a plane when the third and fourth quarterfinals are played. :P

I'm now going for the Netherlands but I dont think they really have a chance.

Why? I think we have a very decent shot....

It reminds me of an other WC final. Back then we played insane good, best team of the tourney. And germany won.

Now we play like germany, and germany plays like us.

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

FC Twente in the same group as the Champs, Inter Milan, with Werder Breme and Tottenham... Good luck Sir.

Such a shame to see Tottenham and not my Liverpool...

FC Twente in the same group as the Champs, Inter Milan, with Werder Breme and Tottenham... Good luck Sir.

Such a shame to see Tottenham and not my Liverpool...

Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur! :B)

• 2 months later...

What a glorious day! Spurs were down 0-2 after the first half against ARSEnal at the Emirates, and came back to win the game 3-2. :wub:

COYS!

Rafael Van Der Vaart - best Spurs acquisition in my lifetime. :wub: :wub: :wub: