HW Soccer Fanatics

bombTHEice

Originally posted by jetsniper

He also says England has a really good chance who you were totally ripping on. It makes the article a moot point. Try again.

Never said England didnt have a chance, I said they got world class midfielders, and Owen, I doubt it will be good enuff. Who knows Pele was chatting with the BBC so he may have been diplomatic about England. However, he knows how good Italy is and he didnt win any fans in England by mentioning their name.

[Edited on 2005/12/21 by Strummerman]

Tomorrow i have to go to my team, first time in holland we play during the holidays. On Boxing day.

It's cold and the play horrible this season, so i'm not that happy to go. They play the worst team in the league, so it won't be nice to watch eather. We'll see...........

Off topic: Heb zojuist een berichtje gestuurd maar ben niet zeker of je het goed ontvangen hebt. Moet deze nieuwe layout nog wat gewoon worden. Klopt het dat Matt Higgins tussen je favoriete spelers staat, of moet dat christopher zijn? Uit nieuwsgierigheid,

groeten

mathieug

• 1 month later...

My hometeam -Standard de Liège- won 7-1!! tonight.

A Milan Rapaic hattrick in the first half.

Even more impressive if you note that we played without our best player Sergio Conceição.

Go Standard go!

A lot of things happening lately in Belgium, a lot of scandals. A lot of players and coaches dismissed cuz they were bribed. A lot of players from Lierse.

My team won for the fourth time in a row since our headcoach left our team. So the assistent coach is doing a great job. And we finally got to the best nine of the table. First 9 advance to the play-offs. First time this year in the dutch competition!

A lot of things happening lately in Belgium, a lot of scandals. A lot of players and coaches dismissed cuz they were bribed. A lot of players from Lierse.

True. Lierse was a team with financial difficulties and a Chinese "businessmen" wanted to "help" the team and invest.

He asked Lierses' coach to fix the games results. The coach did. Every player who helped fix the result received 5000 EUR/game.

In China, that "businessmen" was making millions by "predicting" game results.

5 players, all ex-Lierse, got fired. 1 coach. The other team that infamous Chinese tried to bribe was La Louvière. We haven't heard the last from this story.

• 1 month later...

Barça-Real Madrid is finished, tied 1-1. Ronaldinho scores in penalty for Barça, 5 minutes later Roberto Carlos had a red card for saying something to the referee. With only ten players, Madrid tied the game with Ronaldo's goal. The 2º period was totally dominated for Barça, but Madrid goalie, Iker Casillas, showed that he's the best goalkeeper in La Liga.

With this score, Barça has 11 points in the standings over Madrid. Whitout surprises, Barça will be the champion.

Today FcTwente plays Feyenoord. We need this win to stay put for the play-offs. But it's an away game so gonna be very hard. Also some injuries, i have no faith :(

allthough i'm on to somthing. Everytime the Habs win on saturday, my team does as well. And when my team loses, the Habs lose. etc etc

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man what an afternoon. The last round in the Dutch league before the playoffs start. My team was standing 9th and that position was enough to clinch a playoff spot. But the number 10 was leading the whole game with 1-0 and we were down 0-1. (we had the same amount of points as number 10, but our goal diff. was better).

2 minutes before the end we score 1-1 and the team standing 10th also got a goal against, getting it 1-1. Leaving us still in 9th place! What a luck and what a party. It was great, finally we can play for some prices. Let's go into Europe :D. Next Saturday the first playoffs! This is the first year the dutch league has playoffs, and i like it already!! Sensational, what intense!!

Nice goal Mathieu.

BTW. CL semi finals are starting tomorrow:

AC Milan vs. FC Barcelona

And on Wednesday:

Arsenal vs. Villareal

I hope Henry & Co. will beat the Spain's, they've a great chance to finally win the trophy this season.

@Dutchie: Any news if Klaas-Jan Huntelaar will play in England next season?

Arsenal vs. Villareal

I hope Henry & Co. will beat the Spain's, they've a great chance to finally win the trophy this season.

Oh BOO! Frikkin Arsenal led by Wenger. Barf-o-rama. Go Villareal - hammer the Gunners! I love how Wenger says he wants Arsenal to be like Liverpool. *snorts* In their dreams.

@Dutchie: Any news if Klaas-Jan Huntelaar will play in England next season?

I don't think so, the guy is great!! Finished with 33 goals, same amount Cruijf had in his topyears!

Ajax is rebuilding, getting Stam next season for some good D (next to all the youngsters). They bought a good midfielder from AZ, so they have good team next year, also with Klaas-Jan. Don't think he will leave.

Come to think about it, PSV let Huntelaar go cuz they thought he never would make the top.

I hope Huntelaar goes with us to Germany, allthough we have a serious striker problem :D. Makaay/van Nistelrooij/Kuijt/Huntelaar. (Robben/vd Vaart/V Persie, sounds good :D)

Oh BOO! Frikkin Arsenal led by Wenger. Barf-o-rama. Go Villareal - hammer the Gunners! I love how Wenger says he wants Arsenal to be like Liverpool. *snorts* In their dreams.

Quite frankly, GO VILLAREAL!!!!

I don't particularly care for Spanish soccer - just upholding my duty as a Spurs fan.