HW Soccer Fanatics

bombTHEice

I don't think so, the guy is great!! Finished with 33 goals, same amount Cruijf had in his topyears!

Ajax is rebuilding, getting Stam next season for some good D (next to all the youngsters). They bought a good midfielder from AZ, so they have good team next year, also with Klaas-Jan. Don't think he will leave.

Come to think about it, PSV let Huntelaar go cuz they thought he never would make the top.

I hope Huntelaar goes with us to Germany, allthough we have a serious striker problem :D. Makaay/van Nistelrooij/Kuijt/Huntelaar. (Robben/vd Vaart/V Persie, sounds good :D)

But why are they re-building right now? They should have started a few years ago when Zlatan & Co. were still playing in Amsterdam.

As for Makaay ... you can count him out, he wasn't even nominated for the trip to Germany.

Van der Vaart surely should get a chance at playing offencive midfield for your squad, he's doing an awesome job at Hamburg this season at this position. Robben is more of a winger, he should also be a lock for your team I suppose. Nistelrooij is still one of the most dangerous forwards, although he's on his way out of Manchester and hasn't played much there lately.

Nistelrooij is still one of the most dangerous forwards, although he's on his way out of Manchester and hasn't played much there lately.

So he's very fresh when the WC begins. Henry and players like that will be more Fatigued!!

Today i had my first playoff soccer game, for a Europe Ticket. And it was great! What and Ambiance, hot and Steamy :D. We won 2-0. A good example for the Habs, let them Follow :D

So he's very fresh when the WC begins. Henry and players like that will be more Fatigued!!

I'd rather say that all the others are in better game shape ... :P

Liverpool upsets Chelsea in the FA Cup!

Nice game, good to see the Blues losing! But the Reds were pretty lucky in the end as Chelsea could have easily equalized the game if Joe Cole hadn't missed a 100% chance from 5 metres in the last minute.

Anyone saw yesterdays UEFA Cup semi final between Middlesbrough and Steaua Bukarest - WHAT A GAME!!! Steaua scored 2 quick goals and everyone thought that it would already be over but Middle came back with 4 goals, the all important 4th goal even in the last minute.

BTW. Arsenal - Barcelona will be the CL final ... finally the Gunners are there, I hope we can win it all this season!

Tbrnk! Tbrnk! Tbrnk..

score 0-0, 94", Oguchi Onyewu shoots top shelf and that %£$$?# goalie makes an unreal save to keep the game scoreless. Standard-Roeselare 0-0, Anderlecht-Gent 0-0

With 1 day left:

1. Anderlecht 67 Pts

2. Standard 65

Tbrnk..

Edited by mathieu30

Australia's going to Germany!

w00t!

Sure, we're facing arguable the best team in the world right now in Brazil, last Cup's surprise success in Japan, and the ever steady Croatia.

But hey, we'll pull through!

Australia's going to Germany!

w00t!

Sure, we're facing arguable the best team in the world right now in Brazil, last Cup's surprise success in Japan, and the ever steady Croatia.

But hey, we'll pull through!

Go Gus ;)

(go Jason Culina, former FcTwente player)

Guuuuuuus!

Haha, he's amazing! What he did with Korea in '02, and now with us, truly inspirational.

Go Socceroos Go!

Though it will be his last games for Australia as he already has signed a 2-year contract with Team Russia.

Anyways, with or without Gus, Australia won't do much damage at the WC.

Yes i'm also very affraid for the Socceroos. Croatië and Japan are both better teams, don't even mention Brasil. But i think Guus is quite a magician and can do some weird things to let a team play so good. So tactical Australie will be better than Croatië and JApan. I hope they can go to the next round. They knocked Uruguay out of the WC and they are quite good. We'll see and hope for the best. 5 weeks i believe :D

My son-in-law is Portuguese and a real soccer fan. I got him and my daughter some Portugal home jerseys for the last European championships.

To make this Mundial more fun, I just won, on eBay, four more jerseys... one for my dad, one for my brother, one for my brother-in-law and one for myself.

It'll be fun to watch a Portugal soccer match all wearing a team jersey. We'll also be able to go and play pool together and stuff like that in those same jerseys. It'll make for some fine family team spirit.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

My son-in-law is Portuguese and a real soccer fan. I got him and my daughter some Portugal home jerseys for the last European championships.

To make this Mundial more fun, I just won, on eBay, four more jerseys... one for my dad, one for my brother, one for my brother-in-law and one for myself.

It'll be fun to watch a Portugal soccer match all wearing a team jersey. We'll also be able to go and play pool together and stuff like that in those same jerseys. It'll make for some fine family team spirit.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Haha, me and my Dad did that with Dutch jerseys. Then we go to the SE where most of the other dutch people are and watch the game at a poolhouse or something. Good times.

Haha, me and my Dad did that with Dutch jerseys. Then we go to the SE where most of the other dutch people are and watch the game at a poolhouse or something. Good times.

Thats real fun to hear. I know dutch guys abroad are clicking together like that. Thats fun.

Here in Holland you can feel the WC is coming. Talk of the day already, what player should be elected, which player not. I already saw some decoration on homes again. During the Worldcup, a lot of streets will be decorated, Holland completely turns Orange (i'll post some pics when it happens, some people go really far in supporting, funny to see) The Shops are already supplied with a lot of orange stuff. I will be one hell of a WC again, can't wait.(allthough i'm not so positive anymore about our chances to win, a lot of players don't have it right now, well i hope it goes better when they go into trainingcamp)

Hey Dutchie, do you know what happened with Van Nistelrooy? People keep telling me he left the team and travelled back home..? Do you have some more info on this?

Oh man that was big news. All the soccer shows on tv were telling about it. The morning papers were full of it. But it's not completely sure what happened.

Probably something happened this week during practice, Ruud had to sit on the bench (i believe, could be in the stands). Coach thought he could damage the team, he was a disturbing factor. So Ruud was very mad and left the stadium. (Rooney has a fractured bone, and he still has no place on the first 11. He was the 3rd striker begind Rossi and Saha). Coach also told him he could go to Holland to attend the mini camp of the dutch national team. This week is Roy Keane's Farewell match, he he wasn't allowed to play/be there.

My opinion about that coach, he can't work/communicate with people. Stam/Beckham/Keane and now Ruud (ahum i'm forgetting someone)

¡¡¡Campeooooones, campeooooones, OE OE OE!!!

¡¡¡Campeooooones, campeooooones, OE OE OE!!!

SEVILLA C.F. is the new champion of the UEFA Cup, beating 4-0 Middlesbrough in a great match of the team from the south of Spain.

43b207cd56c95a417efa700f959660d9_extras_

747c48859a4e1fc291b9a7c67de82fe4_extras_

2b990218716c3c47d786a3618232c478_extras_

e427014e43fb5bb73c50cd879adccb92_extras_

fd8818fc455a9fa05934f3d6d93df360_extras_

59b41522bb7c58e2ae3d5d72f3664380_extras_

Wow, did anyone see the league final in Switzerland? Zürich won the championship with a last minute goal against the FCB in Basel - after that, the Basel hooligans stormed the field and hunted the Zürich players. The FCB hardcore scene is known for that but I was pretty surprised that the Police wasn't standing in the fan corner in the last minutes of the game.

fu_baszue_27_w_h347_m.jpg

fu_baszuerand_szq_w480_h_m.jpg

There's also a huge scandal in Italy, involving Juve. It's all about corruption and if those things are true, Juve will lose their title from last year and will get relegated ... there are also other teams and players invovled.

Wow, Barcelona is getting screwed. The ref blew the whistle when Arsenal's goalie fouled, even though Barcelona still had the advantage. Sure, he got sent off, but Barcelona should have had a goal instead.

As if that wasn't enough, Arsenal did a great job of acting to win a free kick, allowing them to score on the resulting set piece.