HW Soccer Fanatics

bombTHEice

TORONTO FC 3-1 wins their first!

Maybe we can look forward to more victories...

Wishful thinking yes... a man can dream right!

I was really impressed with them yesterday, they really took the game to Chicago. :clap:

Is Dichio suspended for one game now or whats the deal?

yo guys,

what are the best english Pubs in Montréal to go see the big game on 23rd??? and where are they??? i guess it might be on Crescent/Peel/Drummond/Bishop... ??

Nice goal. Is Vasquez Brazilian? Nowadays all the south american players overhere are trying that. All the time. Even overusing it.

044.JPG

He might have been born in Brazil, but he speaks perfect Swedish (with an accent that suggests that he's grown up in the southwest of Sweden).

Apparently he was born in Peru. I don't know when exactly he moved to Sweden. Or maybe his parents are from Peru and he was born in Sweden, I'm not sure.

Saw a piece on him on the sports news tonight. The reporter challanged him to repeat the shot in practice. And he did. :blink: Guy's got mad skillz! B)

Its a shame how a lowlife wife as his attracts all the attention away from the soccer player with the best kick in his right foot. I adore his technique!! It's insane how he can release a ball.

I never liked Zidane, he got nasty habits, always had...

I always loved Zidane. Yes, he did have an occasional blackout, but he was a very talented player. Very entertaining to watch IMO. Very technically skilled and very good control in limited space.

Amazing finish in the Premier League. West Ham managed to steal a win from United at Old Trafford, despite being badly outplayed in the first, they won 1-0. They should have lost that game big, they got lucky. BUt somehow they didn't lose and Tevez scored again (that guy's been on fire lately) and West Ham ended in 15th place. Considering how well they've played down the stretch they deserve to play in the PL next season.

If someone had asked me two minutes before kick-off I would have betted my life savings on Wigan being relegated. THey've been atrocious the last couple months. They faced Sheffield United, who were also facing relegation. WIgan came out flying and played a heck of a game, they won 2-1 but they could have been ahead 3-0 after fifteen minutes, after first missing a golden opportunity to go up 1-0, then being robbed of an obvious PK, and then finally scoring the first goal of the game after about a quarter of an hour. Sheffield battled back and scored the equalizer at the end of the first half, Jonathan Stead sacrificed himself and scored on a header and got knocked out in the same process. David Unsworth, the former Sheffield United player, put Wigan ahead 2-1 on a PK after 5 minutes of stoppage time in the first.

Wigan got a man sent off (after two yellow cards) after about 20-25 minutes in the second half, but they defended themselves ferociously. One goal would have been enough for Sheffield but they couldn't score, so Sheffield will be relegated along with Charlton and Watford.

Tottenham secured 5th place by beating Manchester City 2-1. Everton finished in 6th and Bolton in 7th. They will play in the UEFA Cup next season. Neither one of them had even a theoretcial chance to catch the top four teams (Man UNited, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal) to win a Champions League place. Bolton looked really shaky the last weeks of the season and they finished only one point ahead of Reading (8th) and two points ahead of Portsmouth (9th). Both those teams actually had a better goal difference than Bolton.

It sounds maybe odd, i know he had skills, but it was never a pleasure to watch Zidane. I found it such asshole, and all the hype a little to much. He's good, but he's not god! In my opinion they made him bigger than he was, but well thats just imho.

It sounds maybe odd, i know he had skills, but it was never a pleasure to watch Zidane. I found it such asshole, and all the hype a little to much. He's good, but he's not god! In my opinion they made him bigger than he was, but well thats just imho.

I don't mean this in a snippy way but I was just wondering who your favourite players of all time were? I know there have been many great Dutch players over the years. Did you like Bergkamp?

I don't mean this in a snippy way but I was just wondering who your favourite players of all time were?

Jeroen Heubach, Niels Oude Kamphuis, Blaise N'Kufo & René Eykelkamp :D

;)

I didn't know Arnar Vidarsson played in Enschede. Is he playing well?