Jesse Ylonen assigned to Laval

dlbalr

While there's no entry-level deal yet (that should come next week), Jesse Ylonen's team in the Finnish league has loaned him to Laval beginning next week.  That should be a good boost for the Rocket and a chance for one of Montreal's better prospects to get some early AHL action.

https://www.pelicans.fi/fi-fi/article/uutinen/jesse-ylonen-siirtyy-pohjois-amerikkaan/4174/

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

Given his injuries.  Ikonen might be a lost cause and never get a contract.  Missing 2/3 seasons after being drafted isn't good for development.

When do the Habs need to make a decision on Ikonen?

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

Given his injuries.  Ikonen might be a lost cause and never get a contract.  Missing 2/3 seasons after being drafted isn't good for development.

The same way we gave a chance to G. Oloffson (from MIN) and have been carrying Juulsen, I hope we give a chance to Ikonen. Even if he turns out to be a career AHLer, we need some talented fillers in the minors 

6 hours ago, dlbalr said:

While there's no entry-level deal yet (that should come next week), Jesse Ylonen's team in the Finnish league has loaned him to Laval beginning next week.  That should be a good boost for the Rocket and a chance for one of Montreal's better prospects to get some early AHL action.

https://www.pelicans.fi/fi-fi/article/uutinen/jesse-ylonen-siirtyy-pohjois-amerikkaan/4174/

Pelicans is throroughly out of the playoff picture in Liiga so it's good to see that they allowed Ylonen to move early.

Adds good depth to the Rocket and the Habs get him used pro hockey in North America.  Laval really needed some quality for their playoff push and it looks like they're getting it with Ylonen.  Now if only they could add a couple more prospects of that caliber.

6 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Who is less likely to get another chance Ikonen or Hudon

Ikonen probably gets a season in finland and if hes healthy and produces maybe he gets an ELC next year 

Hudon i think theyll keep as depth in the AHL and might get a callup in times of injury, like now.

• 4 weeks later...

I guess they saw how good he was at getting injured before even suiting up for the organization and thought, "This guy definitely belongs here!"

Joking aside, this is an exciting prospect. 

55 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

I guess they saw how good he was at getting injured before even suiting up for the organization and thought, "This guy definitely belongs here!"

Agree, thought he was terrific at the world juniors. Terrific skater. 

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

Stop confusing Ylonen and Ikonen.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Stop confusing Ylonen and Ikonen.

I also get them confused 

Ikonen is the older one, Ylonen never got the chance to play

20 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I also get them confused 

Ikonen is the older one, Ylonen never got the chance to play

Because he was injured before arriving in Laval and missed the two or three games he was on the roster for due to that injury.  I think that's what Trizzak was poking at.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Because he was injured before arriving in Laval and missed the two or three games he was on the roster for due to that injury.  I think that's what Trizzak was poking at.

Ahhhhh! Ok

1 minute ago, Neech said:

For some reason I had my hopes up about this guy about a year ago... can't recall why.  Hopefully he's another Lekhonen.

Hopefully he is a legitimate top 6 offensive player. 

Lehkonen was drafted at 55, Ylonen at 35.