Hockey Card Value

BTH

I don't collect hockey cards but my cousin has hundreds (literally) from when he was younger including a binder full of autographed cards. He gave me a few of them. Don't ask me what edition they are or anything but I was wondering their worth. In case it makes a difference take note these are old cards so I'll write the name of the team jersey they're wearing.

The autographed cards are

Pat Verbeek (Whalers)

Vincent Damphousse (Oilers)

Doug Weight (Rangers)

Gino Odjick (Canucks)

Tony Amonte (Rangers)

Teemu Selanne (Jets)

Dino Ciccarelli (Capitals)

Dave Andreychuck (Sabres)

Joe Sakic (Nordiques)

Rob Blake (Kings)

[Edited on 2005/8/26 by Bulis_the_Habbie]

I have a bunch of still brand new Gilbert Dionne cards. They should be worth... oh... lots... ya... lots. :king:

Cards are expensive to buy but when you try to sell them, they don't give you half the value back.

There's a market for those stuff and you can find maniacs collectors who will give you money for those. You can try to sell them on ebay.

If you don't know what to do with those, you can send me the Joe Sakic one :D

Unless he has valid proof those are authentic signatures those cards aren't worth anything :(

As proof I mean a certificate of authenticity or like have a dozen of pictures of the player signing the card and posing with it near you on camera.

It's so insane how many fake autographs are on hockey memorabilia. Just to give you an example, almost 10 years ago I remember going to a store with a cousin of mine and his friend. His friend sold someone a signed "Maurice Richard" hockey stick. Needless to say the guy signed it himself.

Oh well, I have no idea of the price range. Can anyone give a guess beside each card.

I'm not planning on selling them though. Especially not the Odjick one!:P

Don't expect alot. Unless there's something REAL special about the card, it's probably worth not even a dollar.

More specifically, unless it's a rookie card, a card with a piece of jersey in it or some other special thing about it it's not worth much. Newer card series tend to have something special about them. No joke on average new cards worth from 5 to 25 cents. I remember I tried selling some cards to a guy who runs a comic book store / hockey memorabilia store I knew and he told me in all honesty you could own a shoe box full of hockey cards dating 10 years back and unless there's something real special it's not even worth 20 bucks. Buying a Beckett guide is crap too even though their the most accurate people knowing prices of hockey cards but some stuff isn't listed.

Check on ebay, you might have an idea.

I have 3 Messier rookie cards - and you're right - I can't seem to get even close to beckett value for them.

Ah well, they're worth more as hockey memorabilia then as store items, I guess. Whatever, I want them anyway.

My cousin who lives in Ottawa used to go to the hotel that the visiting teamsoften stayed in and he asked the players passing by to sign his cards. That's how he has hundreds of autographed cards. He asked Wayne Gretzky to sign his card once but he said "Sorry but no dice." oe something like that.

Where do they stay in Montreal?:?-Hmmm...

Cool.

I was hoping they might cost more because they're autographed or atleast more than 25 cents. ah well.........