Lukas Vejdemo recalled (emergency recall)

Commandant

At first thought, it seemed interesting that they recalled a centre to replace a left winger.  On the other hand, I'm not sure there's a semi-qualified left winger left to bring up since they're back to using Poehling at centre.

Similar thought, but what about someone from a European league whose season is over/ending and wants to try North American ice for 12 games? (Like the Pelicans loaning Ylonen to Laval for the rest of the year.)

20 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Similar thought, but what about someone from a European league whose season is over/ending and wants to try North American ice for 12 games? (Like the Pelicans loaning Ylonen to Laval for the rest of the year.)

Anyone who has played in europe has to go on waivers before they can play in the nhl.  They wouldnt be able to put them on waivers til noon tomorrow... meaning theyd clear at noon Friday and would not play tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Anyone who has played in europe has to go on waivers before they can play in the nhl.  They wouldnt be able to put them on waivers til noon tomorrow... meaning theyd clear at noon Friday and would not play tomorrow.

Which is why I said 12 games instead of 14 or 13. 

Heck, if they want to improve Laval for their playoff push and send Ouellet or Alzner down, get Markov out of Russia and get him to 1000 regular season games as a Hab. Nothing wrong with good PR in a lost season.

• Upvote 3

On 3/4/2020 at 6:59 PM, Trizzak said:

Which is why I said 12 games instead of 14 or 13. 

Heck, if they want to improve Laval for their playoff push and send Ouellet or Alzner down, get Markov out of Russia and get him to 1000 regular season games as a Hab. Nothing wrong with good PR in a lost season.

I love this idea.  Even if his legs are shot, I can't help but feel that keeping him on the bench and only using him to QB the powerplay would be a worthwhile experiment.  His brain could surely help the disgraceful state of our power play.

4 hours ago, sbhatt said:

I love this idea.  Even if his legs are shot, I can't help but feel that keeping him on the bench and only using him to QB the powerplay would be a worthwhile experiment.  His brain could surely help the disgraceful state of our power play.

Bringing him back might be an embarrassment if he ends up being the 2nd or 3rd best dman in the team.

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Bringing him back might be an embarrassment if he ends up being the 2nd or 3rd best dman in the team.

Notwithstanding the fact that he can't come back, Markov could barely hack it in the KHL this year.  He wouldn't be top two or three on this team...he probably wouldn't be in Montreal's top ten at this point.

51 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Notwithstanding the fact that he can't come back, Markov could barely hack it in the KHL this year.  He wouldn't be top two or three on this team...he probably wouldn't be in Montreal's top ten at this point.

Oh wait, there are those pesky facts getting in the way of H29's always looking on the awful side of everything.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Oh wait, there are those pesky facts getting in the way of H29's always looking on the awful side of everything.

No just making the point of how bad our D is and was commenting on another posters suggestion to bring back Markov for the rest of the season.  But go on selectively reading the posts without considering the context from the post I was replying to. 
so  after being so happy with the kinkaid signing last summer, whose your pick for next year’s backup reclamation project  - jimmy howard???

1 minute ago, hab29RETIRED said:

No just making the point of how bad our D is and was commenting on another posters suggestion to bring back Markov for the rest of the season.  But go on selectively reading the posts without considering the context from the post I was replying to. 
so  after being so happy with the kinkaid signing last summer, whose your pick for next year’s backup reclamation project  - jimmy howard???

The context is that 99.9% of your posts have to take a shot at the organization. 

As for the backup goalie situation, I haven't looked into it yet, but it certainly won't be howard. 

The context is that 99.9% of your posts have to take a shot at the organization. 

As for the backup goalie situation, I haven't looked into it yet, but it certainly won't be howard. 

Team misses the playoffs 4 out 5 years, same trajectory for next year.  We keep rushing players before they are ready.  What would you expect, sing hymns in praise of the bang up job MB is doing in improving the team?  

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Team misses the playoffs 4 out 5 years, same trajectory for next year.  We keep rushing players before they are ready.  What would you expect, sing hymns in praise of the bang up job MB is doing in improving the team?  

No... but the fact is that in any organization there are positives.  You post NOTHING that is positive at all.  Everything is negative, even in places where there isn't a negative, you still find one.  Thats the point.  

You manage to find positives in Detroit and Ottawa, but you have none for the Habs. 

• Upvote 1

No... but the fact is that in any organization there are positives.  You post NOTHING that is positive at all.  Everything is negative, even in places where there isn't a negative, you still find one.  Thats the point.  

You manage to find positives in Detroit and Ottawa, but you have none for the Habs. 

the positive i find in Detroit is Yzerman -wioth at the helm, I have confidence he will right the ship - will take time, but he has a track record.  In Ottawa, they have a much better history of being able to draft and develop high end players.  They are shit right now, but they have two young players that  they drafted are looking like they will be elite players and they will have a couple of lottery picks to further stockpile their youth.

We have exactly three player in the past 10 years that we drafted and has developed into an elite/very good players and only two remain on our roster.  None of them were drafted under MB's reign.  We rushed Mete, we rushed KK and it sounds like MB is leaving it up to Caufield to determine if he is going to be rushed as well.

7 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

the positive i find in Detroit is Yzerman -wioth at the helm, I have confidence he will right the ship - will take time, but he has a track record.  In Ottawa, they have a much better history of being able to draft and develop high end players.  They are shit right now, but they have two young players that  they drafted are looking like they will be elite players and they will have a couple of lottery picks to further stockpile their youth.

We have exactly three player in the past 10 years that we drafted and has developed into an elite/very good players and only two remain on our roster.  None of them were drafted under MB's reign.  We rushed Mete, we rushed KK and it sounds like MB is leaving it up to Caufield to determine if he is going to be rushed as well.

The Senators have a corrupt owner that uses the franchise for his benefit and doesn't care about winning. They are more like a farm team than an NHL team with aspirations. I do not know how you can make this claim about them. They suck and will suck for a long time

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

The Senators have a corrupt owner that uses the franchise for his benefit and doesn't care about winning. They are more like a farm team than an NHL team with aspirations. I do not know how you can make this claim about them. They suck and will suck for a long time

They’ve made it to the cup finals once  and semis 4! Times in the past 20 years.  That’s better than us.

they also have drafted  and developed alfredsson, hossa, spezza, Karlsson, Stone,!hoffman, tkachuk and chabot. By comparison our track record of drafting and developing high end elite talent is price, markov, subban, pactioretty and Gallagher. 

yes they have the worst owner in the league, but we’ve got one that is more concerned about beer sales than winning, otherwise we’d have a real president.

they are also better positioned to have an influx bid higher end talent within the next 3 years and despite and idiot owner have shown an ability to draft and develop better than us.

14 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

They’ve made it to the cup finals once  and semis 4! Times in the past 20 years.  That’s better than us.

they also have drafted  and developed alfredsson, hossa, spezza, Karlsson, Stone,!hoffman, tkachuk and chabot. By comparison our track record of drafting and developing high end elite talent is price, markov, subban, pactioretty and Gallagher. 

yes they have the worst owner in the league, but we’ve got one that is more concerned about beer sales than winning, otherwise we’d have a real president.

they are also better positioned to have an influx bid higher end talent within the next 3 years and despite and idiot owner have shown an ability to draft and develop better than us.

I don’t think Geoff Molson used the fans to get a new kidney ... 

Or the series of coaches, scouts and staff that quit after a few 

years because they cannot take it anymore.

No way the Sens deserve any respect 

Not the same franchise since B Murray’s passing

Edited by alfredoh2009
Added BM
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I don’t think Geoff Molson used the fans to get a new kidney ... 

Or the series of coaches, scouts and staff that quit after a few 

years because they cannot take it anymore.

No way the Sens deserve any respect 

Not the same franchise since B Murray’s passing

Why you trying to use logic...dont you know; if its Habs related it f'in SUCKS!

Habs coaches, scouts, trainers, organist, zamboni drivers all need to go!

• Upvote 1