NHL Quiz

BTH

I made a quick one on www.quizyourfriends.com .

Most of you will get atleast 9/10. Maybe someone can challenge mine with a REAL toughie. I tried to stay away from history and keep it to the 90s and more modern stuff.

Enjoy.

http://www.quizyourfriends.com/yourquiz.ph...27183701-513806

-Bitton

[Edited on 2005/8/27 by Bulis_the_Habbie]

Yea I figured. Some good quesitons in there. The nickname one through me off, because it said "Quebec", and I read it as Montreal... lol.

The others I had it down to 2, but alwayz got it wrong... lol.

*shrug*

2001?

Oh sorry, I didn't realise Chicago made the playoffs that recently. I knew Florida was in a good team in maybe 99 and possibly 2000 so I was trying to choose teams I couldn't remember in the playoffs.

Haha, the Finnish Flahs is Selanne. Killer is Gilmour.

Tommy9 taught me the other two. They were kind of cheap shots because only Europeans use those nicknames. Ruca=Rucinsky, Foppa=Forsberg:)

I knew I would catch people on that one. Quebec counted the Nordiques.

As soon as it said I was wrong I knew my mistake. I just saw Finland and immediately thought of Saku. I knew Foppa was Forsberg, and I guessed correctly that Ruca was Rucinsky. I took the mistaken guess that Forsberg joined the team the year of the move.

That last question got me - i said Chicago, not Florida - you should have seen me, my hands were shaking, my brow was sweating, i was so nervous as i was going for 10 for 10, but alas, i fell short!

thanks for the quiz - enjoyed it!

When I saw Quebec, my first thought was just the Nordiques. So I was thinking strictly Nordiques which made that question really weird cause I was just "Gilmour never played in Quebec but neither did Selanne. And I don't know who Ruca is" I realized after I answered, you meant the province, lol.

Originally posted by LifeLongHabsFan

That last question got me - i said Chicago, not Florida - you should have seen me, my hands were shaking, my brow was sweating, i was so nervous as i was going for 10 for 10, but alas, i fell short!  

thanks for the quiz - enjoyed it!

Apparently I made a mistake and the answer was Chicago. You might have actually gotten 10/10...

Haha, jetsniper... I was trying to word that one as trickily as I could.

<b>EDIT: This just in: congratulations to <u>juhu</u> for becoming the first person to receive a score of a 100%.</b>

By the way, I have no idea who juhu is, so please turn yourself in!:)

[Edited on 2005/8/28 by Bulis_the_Habbie]

I'll make a new one in a couple of weeks.

I'll then post the scores.

Thanks to everyone who took the quiz and I'll try and make sure there are no mistakes next time. And I'll try making it harder:devil:

Rank Name Score

1 juhu 100

2 LifeLongHabsFan 90

3 ch_nl 80

4 PMAC 70

5 Nadine Jensen 70

6 simonus 70

7 Quebecois 70

8 Fanpuck33 70

9 jetsniper33 70

10 TheBigRedC 70

11 Macaskill 60

12 mke 50

13 Mike 50

14 J 40

15 Anna Ohura 40

16 habnewf 40

A new one will come shortly.

This is a little harder.

NEW QUIZ

If an admin could fix the link it would be appreciated. If not you'll have to copy paste it.

EDIT: The easiest way to make sure a link gets setup correctly is to click on the little icon with a picture of the earth and a link. Using a title for the link makes sure that it isn't too long to show up correctly.

[Edited on 9-8-05 by Fanpuck33]

Hmm, I think there's a mistake with the 2nd question ...

It was actually Vaclav Varada (Buffalo Sabres at this time) not Vaclav Prospal as far as I can remember. He crashed into Théo and then Gilmour jumped off the bench to knee Varada ...?

BTW. As for Dandenault ... he got Nr. 25. ;)

[Edited on 10-9-05 by HABS Fan Nr.1]

Originally posted by Quebecois

<i>It was actually Vaclav Varada (Buffalo Sabres at this time) not Vaclav Prospal as far as I can remember. He crashed into Théo and then Gilmour jumped off the bench to knee Varada ...?

</i>

Yeah that messed me up as well.

Sorry. That's exactly who I was thinking about. I wasn't thinking, that must have been it. I guess it's easy to assume I messed the last name up and choose him anyway.

...maybe not.