Henri Richard dead at 84

tomh009

A true great has left us. Another sad moment for Habs fans, and for the hockey world writ large.

Godspeed, Pocket Rocket! You and Maurice will be scoring up a storm in that great hockey game in the sky.

18 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

And a great five-minute video on the Pocket Rocket from Sportsnet:

Rest in peace Henri. May God bless your family ten fold on how you blessed us

He was the first Hab I remember liking. One of my earliest memories is watching Habs games on black and white tv and loving to see #16 skate. 

btw - he only celebrated his 21st birthday last week on Feb 29th. 

• Like 1

So many fond memories of the Pocket Rocket. Certainly the cup winning goal against the Black Hawks stands out but one of my fondest memories was late in his career on a Saturday night. They were playing the Buffalo Sabres. The Pocket and Jim Schoenfeld were battling for position in front of the net. A slap shot from the point was deflected and hit the Pocket square in the forehead, blood was streaming down his forehead and he just skated calmly to the bench, never flinched, never went down. After the game they asked Jim Schoenfeld what he thought of Henri Richard, he just shook his head and said "what a competitor".   He was tough as anybody out there.  

R.I.P.   Pocket Rocket    We will remember you!!

• Like 2