Mar 07, Habs at Panthers, 7 PM

tomh009

image.png

The Canadiens (31-29-9) visit Florida (33-26-8), with plenty of Habs fans guaranteed to be in the stands. The Habs' season looks to end early, but the Panthers aren't doing much better.

Canadiens' projected lineup

Artturi Lehkonen :: Phillip Danault :: Brendan Gallagher
Charles Hudon :: Nick Suzuki :: Joel Armia
Paul Byron :: Max Domi :: Jordan Weal
Lukas Vejdemo :: Jake Evans :: Dale Weise

Ben Chiarot :: Shea Weber
Brett Kulak :: Jeff Petry
Xavier Ouellet :: Christian Folin

Charlie Lindgren
Carey Price

Scratched: Karl Alzner
Injured: Jonathan Drouin (ankle) Tomas Tatar (upper body)

Panthers' projected lineup

Jonathan Huberdeau :: Aleksander Barkov :: Evgenii Dadonov
Mike Hoffman :: Erik Haula :: Frank Vatrano
Dominic Toninato :: Lucas Wallmark :: Brett Connolly
Colton Sceviour :: Noel Acciari :: Mark Pysyk

MacKenzie Weegar :: Aaron Ekblad
Riley Stillman :: Anton Stralman
Keith Yandle :: Mike Matheson

Chris Driedger
Sam Montembeault

Scratched: Josh Brown, Aleksi Saarela
Injured: Sergei Bobrovsky (lower body), Brian Boyle (upper body), Dryden Hunt (lower body)

Current playoff probabilities (from The Athletic):

Habs: 3% (projected to finish 23rd)

Panthers: 21% (projected to finish 20th)

• Upvote 1

Nice to see Evans get some NHL time, which he obviously wouldnt if Habs were in playoffs and Thompson would still be a Hab.

Has Weise been getting worse lately, or just my imagination.

2 hours ago, DON said:

Nice to see Evans get some NHL time, which he obviously wouldnt if Habs were in playoffs and Thompson would still be a Hab.

Has Weise been getting worse lately, or just my imagination.

I don’t think it’s possible for weisse to get worse.  Probably Just noticing him now for what he is - a marginal AHLer.

8 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I don’t think it’s possible for weisse to get worse.  Probably Just noticing him now for what he is - a marginal AHLer.

At the beginning of his NHL stint, he was serviceable.  Not great, but not useless either.  Now, he's looking more and more like the marginal AHL player we all knew he was.

Julien: "Kirk, have you got the powerplay strategies ready?"
Muller: "You know it, boss!"

Julien: "Awesome, what have you got for me?"

Muller: "We set up Weber for a blast from the point!"

Julien: "Classic. Very old school. What else have you got?"

Muller: "... else? ... uh well, we, uh we set up... Weber... for a blast from the... other point?"

Julien: "...................... and your third strategy?"

Muller: "We set up Domi!"

Julien: Yes"

Muller: "Who sets up Weber!"

Julien: "plz no"

Muller: "Who blasts it from just above the goal line!"

Julien: "You're fired."

Muller: "Weal will be on both PP units."

Julien: "You're back in. Do you have room for Evans too?"

~fin~

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Not a whole lot mattered to #TeamTank tonight, beside the Habs loss. The bad was the Sad Sack Sabres losing again, and Minnesota getting spanked by LA. But NJ won to pass Buffalo up the standings, and they have a chance at passing the Habs in points with their games in hand. Nashville also won their game to put a bit of distance between themselves and Montreal (who face each other in their next game Tuesday.)

On Sunday we cheer for Chicago to beat St Louis, and Anaheim to beat Minnesota in overtime, (while slightly caring about Carolina beating Pittsburgh, Vancouver beating Columbus, and San Jose beating Colorado.)

On Monday we cheer for Buffalo to get their shit together against Washington, Arizona to beat Winnipeg in overtime, and Florida to beat St Louis.

Tank on, brothers.

On 3/7/2020 at 8:50 PM, Trizzak said:

Not a whole lot mattered to #TeamTank tonight, beside the Habs loss. The bad was the Sad Sack Sabres losing again, and Minnesota getting spanked by LA. But NJ won to pass Buffalo up the standings, and they have a chance at passing the Habs in points with their games in hand. Nashville also won their game to put a bit of distance between themselves and Montreal (who face each other in their next game Tuesday.)

On Sunday we cheer for Chicago to beat St Louis, and Anaheim to beat Minnesota in overtime, (while slightly caring about Carolina beating Pittsburgh, Vancouver beating Columbus, and San Jose beating Colorado.)

On Monday we cheer for Buffalo to get their shit together against Washington, Arizona to beat Winnipeg in overtime, and Florida to beat St Louis.

Tank on, brothers.

1 and 1/2 out of 5 on Sunday. 2 out of 3 on Monday (bonus win by LA for those whose faith in The Tank is truly the strongest among us.)

Arizona and Chicago continue to find new ways to disappoint like me to my father when I quit school to join a commune and start a Dead Can Dance tribute drum circle but he just didn't understand that sometimes art can burst through you like a beam of white light and you're not even really controlling it but just a conduit to it's beauty anditcanbemorepowerfulthanafather'sloveeventhoughitwouldbenicetohavehimcallandjusttellmeheunderstandsIdon'tevenneedhimtobeproudbutjustunderstandmepapa.

Get it together Yotes and Hawks!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Trizzak said:

1 and 1/2 out of 5 on Sunday. 2 out of 3 on Monday (bonus win by LA for those whose faith in The Tank is truly the strongest among us.)

Arizona and Chicago continue to find new ways to disappoint like me to my father when I quit school to join a commune and start a Dead Can Dance tribute drum circle but he just didn't understand that sometimes art can burst through you like a beam of white light and you're not even really controlling it but just a conduit to it's beauty anditcanbemorepowerfulthanafather'sloveeventhoughitwouldbenicetohavehimcallandjusttellmeheunderstandsIdon'tevenneedhimtobeproudbutjustunderstandmepapa.

Get it together Yotes and Hawks!

• Like 1