What's everyone's take on Dr. David Mulder?

alfredoh2009

14 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

The Canadiens have had to many injuries. Maybe it is time to part ways with him ?

You are blaming the injuries the Habs have had on the doctor?   Seriously?  A slow news day?

I am hardly competent enough in the field of medicine to comment on the quality of the Habs medical staff and will leave it at that. 

A doctor can only diagnose and plot a course of treatment for injuries once they have occured, he can't prevent them.  If injured Habs players were having longer than normal healing periods for their injuries, or a higher rate of reoccurence than is the norm, then I might start to question medical care...but that doesn't seem to be the case. 

Let's look at the statistics, all those man-games lost to injuries, players flying to other cities to get second opinions, players returning from injury too early, the trend of the club since Dr. Mulder has been there = No stanley cup !!!

It is as obvious as firing Muller for the PP woes given this players he has.

Or as obvious as firing Julien for playing all those AHLers and rookies but not winning.

I say, it is time to go

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

You give a Mr. Potatohead a stethoscope and these are the threads that it leads to

Desperate measures for desperate times :P

3 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Let's look at the statistics, all those man-games lost to injuries, players flying to other cities to get second opinions, players returning from injury too early, the trend of the club since Dr. Mulder has been there = No stanley cup !!!

It is as obvious as firing Muller for the PP woes given this players he has.

Or as obvious as firing Julien for playing all those AHLers and rookies but not winning.

I say, it is time to go

Well I guess most  people  have accepted the fact that losing in Montreal is normal now, so why change anything in Montreal,  no need to become a wining team.👌

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Well I guess most  people  have accepted the fact that losing in Montreal is normal now, so why change anything in Montreal,  no need to become a wining team.👌

I haven't accepted losing. I just  try and focus on what they should do to be better going forward and I don't think that getting rid of Dr. Mulder is going to result in a big turnaround for the team. Call me crazy but that's my opinion. 

42 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Somehow I doubt that changing the team doctor is the difference between losing and winning.

Ok, enough goofing around. I think I've had enough fun already.

Born in Eston Saskatchewan, Dr. Mulder has been associated with the Canadiens organization since 1963, when he began his career as an assistant to Dr. Douglas Kinnear with the Montreal Junior Canadiens, the Montreal Voyageurs, and then the Montreal Canadiens.

Dr. Mulder was a leader in traumatology and Chief Surgeon at the Montreal General Hospital from 1977 to 1998. He has been involved with the McGill Sports Medicine Centre since 1994. Dr. Mulder is a graduate of the University of Saskatchewan in 1962. He did his training in General Surgery at the Montreal General Hospital from 1963 to 1967 and specialized in Chest Surgery at the University of Iowa from 1967 to 1969. He earned a Master of Science degree from McGill University in 1964.

Dr. Mulder served as President of the NHL Team Physicians Society from 2003 to 2006.Mulder received the Order of Canada, and the Award of Merit from the Montreal General Hospital. In October 2012, he was awarded the USA National Safety Council Award for his role in developing a province wide trauma system in Quebec

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/team/david-mulder

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Commandant said:

Somehow I doubt that changing the team doctor is the difference between losing and winning.

Wasn't talking about him, was talking about Kirk miller. I just took this post as a joke towards my post about Kirk muller. Doesn't seem like anyone in Montreal is being held accountable.  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Wasn't talking about him, was talking about Kirk miller. I just took this post as a joke towards my post about Kirk muller. Doesn't seem like anyone in Montreal is being held accountable.  

It was a joke and I got slapped around by freaking Batman

talk about a tough crowd !