GAME#71 Preds vs Habs 7:00 March 10 2020

DON

Image result for nashville at habs images

31-39 Habs vs 34-34 Preds

(NHL.com lines)

BROSSARD- Here's a look at the forward lines and defense pairings featured at Tuesday's morning skate at the Bell Sports Complex.

Byron - Danault - Armia
Hudon - Domi - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Suzuki - Weal
Vejdemo/Drouin - Evans - Weise

Chiarot - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Ouellet - Folin

Alzner

Price
Lindgren

Julien on lines:

"We're making changes to try to find something. It doesn't mean that they're good changes or that it's the answer," explained Julien, whose squad skated at their home rink downtown because of the annual team photo. "[Joel] Armia has been having some trouble lately. [Nick] Suzuki has hit a wall, which is normal given that he's played a lot of hockey the past year. We have to try making some changes."

* Forsberg & Duchene have all of 87points between them this year and Forsberg only had 50pts last year (injury shortened), kinda thought he would be a big point producer, the way he started his career.

It's certainly looking like the Habs dodged a bullet on Duchene given his lack of production.  On the other hand, he's not the first player to go to Nashville and see their production fall off a cliff either.

28 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Let's go Preds!

How about, lets see an entertaining high scoring end to end game and if Habs lose, it wont break my heart.

As expected, that was a quiet first period from Montreal.  (Nashville wasn't much better.)  Hudon had the best looking chance after he split the D which is something I don't recall seeing him even try let alone do before.

1 hour ago, DON said:

How about, lets see an entertaining high scoring end to end game and if Habs lose, it wont break my heart.

Past that now....I'm fully on board with the tank.  I felt some legit happy when the Preds scored just now.  I keep looking at the better players in the draft and hoping we will land one.

1 hour ago, DON said:

Ya, I don't think I ever actively root for the Habs to lose, even when the season is lost. I'm just not that sad when it happens now. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Ya, I don't think I ever actively root for the Habs to lose, even when the season is lost. I'm just not that sad when it happens now. 

I'm greedy for a talent infusion via the upper part of the 1st round of the draft...I can't help myself.

22 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Yup, that pretty much sums up how I feel right now. I won't be tossin and turnin all night tonight because they lost. 

I definitely won't toss and turn if they lose to the Sabres on Thursday. 

Commandant and others who have defended Domi: can you tell me why we should resign him instead of trading him? 
I just head the analysis on RDS comparing Gallagher a Domi and after that there is no way Domi comes back next season

Guy is floating and cheating 

33 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

I'm greedy for a talent infusion via the upper part of the 1st round of the draft...I can't help myself.

Well that extra 1/100 chance of lafreniere is sure to come through. 

9 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Commandant and others who have defended Domi: can you tell me why we should resign him instead of trading him? 
I just head the analysis on RDS comparing Gallagher a Domi and after that there is no way Domi comes back next season

Guy is floating and cheating 

The team that didn't quit, has now quit.

I turned it off, so I'm not even seeing it.   They aren't making the playoffs... How low they finish barely matters (1% higher chance at Lafreniere per spot fallen).

That said, i wouldn't judge much from the veterans down the stretch, its pre-season mode now.

6 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Well that extra 1/100 chance of lafreniere is sure to come through. 

I'd be happy to draft  Holtz, Rossi or Perfetti...I just don't want to slip down lower than that where the odds of Bergy/Timmins blowing it increase.  Not even entertaining the dream of winning the big prize in the lottery.

13 minutes ago, Commandant said:

The team that didn't quit, has now quit.

I turned it off, so I'm not even seeing it.   They aren't making the playoffs... How low they finish barely matters (1% higher chance at Lafreniere per spot fallen).

That said, i wouldn't judge much from the veterans down the stretch, its pre-season mode now.

Now 4-2, maybe you spoke to soon Commandant, 

That was at least an interesting finish which I wasn't expecting after that 2nd period. 

4 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Nice to see Vejdemo get his first. He works hard, might get a spot next year.

Personally, I think he's playing for a qualifying offer more than a roster spot with the Habs.  He hasn't had a great season in Laval and he's already 24.  He needs to show something that makes management think there still might be a little upside there.  That goal will help but his defensive coverage on the Jarnkrok goal certainly won't.

Habs pull the goalie for the extra man, so of course they revert to their good ol' method of setting up Weber from the point. 

Julien: "Kirk, stop this. It isn't working."

Muller: "But think about how great it would be if it did!"

Julien: "But it's not! Everyone knows it's coming, they can defend it easily!"

Muller: "Good. We have them right where we want them."

Julien: "So we'll change strategy and take them by surprise?"

Muller: "No. We'll keep doing the same strategy and take them by even more surprise! We're playing chess while they're playing poker!"

Julien: "What?!?"

Muller: "Bingo, that's a yahtzee!"

~fin~

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

I'd be happy to draft  Holtz, Rossi or Perfetti...I just don't want to slip down lower than that where the odds of Bergy/Timmins blowing it increase.  Not even entertaining the dream of winning the big prize in the lottery.

I’m hoping we win the lottery and nab lafreniere. Isn’t it the the 50th anniversary of picking lafleur 1st overall - or actually I think that might be next year.