GAME#71 Preds vs Habs 7:00 March 10 2020

DON

55 minutes ago, Commandant said:

The team that didn't quit, has now quit.

I turned it off, so I'm not even seeing it.   They aren't making the playoffs... How low they finish barely matters (1% higher chance at Lafreniere per spot fallen).

That said, i wouldn't judge much from the veterans down the stretch, its pre-season mode now.

Thanks for replying if you are not watching 

I’m firmly behind the tank, but wouldn’t have minded getting one of our few remaining wins on the night they honoured the pocket.

3 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I’m hoping we win the lottery and nab lafreniere. Isn’t it the the 50th anniversary of picking lafleur 1st overall - or actually I think that might be next year.

Maybe they will win the lottery and take someone else?  A dark horse pick?   Like Petr Svoboda. 

16 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Maybe they will win the lottery and take someone else?  A dark horse pick?   Like Petr Svoboda. 

If we won the lottery and didn’t take the consensus -#1 pick who is a local French boy, there’d be a Richard like riot with the draft being in Montreal.  This isn’t a Leblanc type situation where we took a guy who was an average skater.

the Svoboda draft was a hell of a draft for us. Svoboda, corson, richer, Roy.  We need a draft like that this year.

4 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

If we won the lottery and didn’t take the consensus -#1 pick who is a local French boy, there’d be a Richard like riot with the draft being in Montreal.  This isn’t a Leblanc type situation where we took a guy who was an average skater.

Yeah, I am betting they would probably take Lafreniere with the #1 pick.  There is little doubt about that. 

28 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Thanks for replying if you are not watching 

I turned it off on the fourth goal.

Anything after that in a 4-0 game... with the season finished.  Good or bad.. take it with a grain of salt.

#TeamTank update: No love from NJ, and Boston and Toronto both won their games so that's never nice. But the Rangers and Canucks gave us a bit of breathing room with their wins, and Anaheim has moved within striking distance of the Habs. Is fifth last a possibility?

On Wednesday Chicago has another chance at passing the Habs with a win over the Sharks, and we want Winnipeg to beat Edmonton, Anaheim to beat St Louis, and the Rangers to beat Colorado. 

Tank on, brothers.

7 hours ago, Trizzak said:

#TeamTank update: No love from NJ, and Boston and Toronto both won their games so that's never nice. But the Rangers and Canucks gave us a bit of breathing room with their wins, and Anaheim has moved within striking distance of the Habs. Is fifth last a possibility?

On Wednesday Chicago has another chance at passing the Habs with a win over the Sharks, and we want Winnipeg to beat Edmonton, Anaheim to beat St Louis, and the Rangers to beat Colorado. 

Tank on, brothers.

I agree.  Factoring games in hand, Tatar being hurt and likely in no rush to return to the lineup, and a solid dose of apathy from some of our vets....we should be able to tank harder than the teams that are only slightly below us over the home stretch.

9 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Is fifth last a possibility?

Not a chance in hell.

6th if all stars align, but 8th is much more likely..my guess.

I imagine Habs will go for BPA this year, filled centre and defense needs in last 2 drafts, so one of these likely be it;

7. (19) Jake Sanderson (6-1, 186), D, USA U-18 (NTDP) -- Sanderson is to this year's USA Hockey National Team Development Program Under-18 team what Jack Hughes was last season -- the most valuable player. He's a mobile puck-mover with a dominant defensive mindset and improving offensive game; he has 27 points (seven goals, 20 assists) in 45 games and will attend the University of North Dakota in 2020-21. 

8. (3) Alexander Holtz (5-11, 192), RW, Djurgarden (SWE) -- A goal-scorer with a great selection of shots, Holtz plays a tough, intelligent game. He has 16 points (nine goals, seven assists) and 49 shots on goal averaging 12:55 in ice time in 31 games in the Swedish Hockey League.

9. (5) Lucas Raymond (5-11, 170), LW, Frolunda (SWE) -- He plays a strong two-way game, offering excellent vision, intensity and good wrist shot. Raymond, who has nine points (four goals, five assists) and 31 shots on goal averaging 9:51 in ice time in 31 games for Frolunda, has a nose for the net and is a tremendous asset on the power play and penalty kill. 

11. (11) Anton Lundell (6-1, 185), C, HIFK (FIN) -- The two-way left-hand shot is tough to knock off his skates on the cycle, can protect the puck extremely well and finds teammates in traffic. He has 26 points (nine goals, 17 assists) and 145 shots on goal in 40 games averaging 15:41 in ice time in Liiga, Finland's top professional league. 

12. (24) Jack Quinn (6-0, 179), RW, Ottawa (OHL) -- Scouts have taken notice after a solid summer of training, his versatility at playing all three forward positions and instincts to execute plays. He ranks second in the OHL with 48 goals and is eighth with 83 points in 59 games. 

21 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Tank on, brothers.

Ladies and gentlemen... 8th last. Chicago leapfrogs the Habs by a point with their win over the Sharks, and also have an extra game to play to try to extend that lead. Winnipeg and the Rangers both got points to more than likely distance themselves out of reach of Montreal (barring an epic collapse from either team.)

8 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Ladies and gentlemen... 8th last. Chicago leapfrogs the Habs by a point with their win over the Sharks, and also have an extra game to play to try to extend that lead. Winnipeg and the Rangers both got points to more than likely distance themselves out of reach of Montreal (barring an epic collapse from either team.)

There is a chance the regular season may be over at any time, thanks to the coronavirus panic. So it's good that we are in a decent draft position at this time already.