Something must be going on

Topgun19

I get the feeling something big is going to happen. It has been very quiet on the montreal end of things. Montreal has plenty of cap room left, even if they sign Ryder and Theodore. I get the feeling Bob Gainey is not happy with this team and wants to make some big changes. This reminds me of the summer when we got Damphousse for Corson, and the next day Bellows for Courtnall. :hlogo:

[Edited on 2005/8/29 by High&Inside]

[Edited on 2005/8/29 by High&Inside]

Originally posted by High&Inside

I get the feeling something big is going to happen.  It has been very quiet on the montreal end of things.  Montreal has plenty of cap room left, even if they sign Ryder and Theodore.  I get the feeling Bob Gainey is not happy with this team and wants to make some big changes.  This reminds me of the summer when we got Damphousse for Corson, and the next day Bellows for Courtnall. :hlogo:

Nothing wrong with groundless speculation I guess. But maybe it's not as quiet as you might think -- training camp is opening and we still have our Calder runner up second line forward and our Vezina/Hart goalie to resign. If that's not going well then things are anything but quiet behind the scenes.

If not overjoyed, I think Gainey must be at least happy with the team, because it's clearly the best we've had this millennium!

Millenium? More like half-decade:P

There MIGHT (probably not) be one trade before the season starts but if not then we'll have to wait until the trade deadline before we get anyone. Or perhaps mid-winter.

I don't expect any major moves. The Richards Rumour apparently was going to be confirmed today but now we can finally put it to rest. We have our team and we should be happy with it.

Montreal has plenty of cap room left, even if they sign Ryder and Theodore.

Actually I disagree. When Theodore & Ryder sign there will be little room under the cap left. They figure to be at around $36,000,000 and don't wanna go much higher incase of injury or trades at the deadline.

I don't think its quite because of a pending trade. I feel there isn't too many people in on the negotiations, therefore the (sources close to negotiations) aren't able to report anything.

Although having said that, harmless speculation is fun, although I am quite happy with this team and do see it as the best club since '93.

I feel it has the right mix of veterans, youth, speed, talent and grit. Maybe at the deadline if theres a playoff race, a pickup of a quality defensman or maybe a top notch winger would be nice. Other than that, I am happy

I think something will happen! With all the rumours going around we really don't know what to expect. The roumors with Richards seem to make a little sense bcuz hte Lightning dont have that much cap room left after signing Vinny and St. Louis. Mabey there is something that Gainey doesn't like about Ryder for some reason.

All im saying is that something is bound to hit the headlines in the next week. Oh and its pretty late in the day and they still haven't said anything about Richards being traded?!?!

Any toughts or confirmations??

:hlogo:

:can::ghg::can:

Excessive smilies deleted

[Edited on 8-29-05 by Fanpuck33]

I think you guys are right that something is going on. It may be a minor change. With the new CBA I am waiting for the third team in trades, or if a team gets someone they want, then your trade goes through in a domino effect. I can only believe if something happens it will be to get another Center of Star calibre. Otherwise, lets play hockey with team we have and enjoy the "W" s they are going to put up. Our young guns as it stands are going to skate rings around the aging OLD giants in T-DOT! I like our young guys and cant wait.:hlogo:

:lol: Excessive smillies deleted, nice one Puck.

On serious note though, I doubt Bob Gainey will make a trade with Tampa. He'd probably do the usual of making a trade with some team (that's if it happens) that no one would ever expect and land some kickass player.

I'm also one of those people who thinks there's something going down. There's just this itch on the back of my neck you know... Should be interesting to see what developes through this week.

If someone leaves I bet it'll be for a pick. When Ryder and Theo sign we'll be one or two players over the roster limit. But I don't expect it'll happen until after training camp/pre-season games.

As always, I'm of the opinion that there'll be no more activity of consequence aside from signing Ryder & Théodore.

Gainey has said so himself and I doubt that he'll go against his own grain unless some ridiculously good situation comes up.

It would be nice to see all the young players play and enjoy the season as it falls. This could be a great year or a disappointing year for the Habs as I believe with the " New" NHL that we are built properly and could do very well. I am glad we are not an old, slow, and Leaf-like team as I would get very sick. Very impressed with the team so far as on any given night one of our young, speedy and talented players will help us secure a victory. Sign Ryder and Theodore and let's get it on. The season is still too far away !!

I think a trade is essential and will go down. The reason for this is that we have too many top six forwards: Kovalez, Ryder, Zednick, Dagenais and Perezhogin (I could even put Bulis on there cuz of his better-then-hejduk-season last year in the Tchek republic, but I think he’s gold with Bonk on the third line). Kostsitsyn is also probably a year or two away.

I know... Dagenais you say... well yeah – he had 17 goals last NHL season in 50 games, playing 13.86 minutes a game. I believe 30 is very possible in 80 games playing 18 minutes. I saw him and Ribs on RDS a few days ago saying how they trained all summer on the ice together. They can be a great duo. And I know you guys know about that shot of his. And as for Perez, I think you have to give that guy a spot on the first or second line if you want him to flurish. Givin his year in Russia and the new set of rules in the NHL, the kid can’t dissapoint.

So either Ryder or Zednick must be traded, even if I love em both. As for Plekanec and Hossa, well those two just have to go, since Higgins and chipchura will have their spots on the third line two years from now. So why not try to trade em coupled with Rivet’s 5 million $ contract (salary for this year and the next) and that no good hainsey while some GMs dont know he sucks yet.

These three trades would give us a killer team:

- Zednick + Hainsey + 3rd rounder FOR Richards

- Koivu, Rivet and Hossa FOR Redden + 3rd rounder

- Theodore FOR Luongo

Kovalev – Richard – Perez

Dagenais – Ribs – Ryder

Bulis – Bonk – Higgins

Sundstrom – Bégin – Vandermeer

Plekanec

Redden – Souray

Markov – Boullion

Komi – Dandenault

Streit

Luongo

Huet

Danis

im sorry but you know nothing about tradez!

koivu, rivet and hossa for Redden? what are you thinking.

And who the hell is perez. Is he a basball player or sumtin!! what is wrong with you! It shows that the offseason has messed u up bigtime dude!!

Can someone back me up on this argument!lol

Can u plz say perezehogin! by his actual name cuz u make up these weird nick names that sound spanish!!

AND HES NOT A 1st LINER BUDY!!!:mad:

oh ya and u cant make lines 4 ur life!!

[Edited on 2005/8/30 by Koivu11]

I agree with my buddy Koivu 11....trading Koivu, Rivert and Hossa for Redden ?? Give your head a shake....the original, (stupid rumour) Ryder, Hainsey and a pick for Richards sounds nice but will not happen !! As for the overall mold of the team, let's get through camp and the pre-season without injury and than decide who should play where and if necessary play at all !!

Thanx sakukoivumc, he really doesnt know what hes talking about. Thanks for the backup dude!!

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Ok, it's getting ridicilous in here.

@Koivu11: Perezfan just posted his opinion .... you don't have to agree with it and if so, you can also say it in a different way. Thx.

BTW. I'm not that good in English but I can't stand those u's, z's and such other crap - we aren't in a "HipHop Gangster forum".

[Edited on 30-8-05 by HABS Fan Nr.1]

Agree with above as we are all habs Lovers and I am sure that we all have things we would like to see done with this team, so let's just enjoy each others company and comments.

Ok, first off, can you guys stop using short forms ie., 4 instead of for, or u instead of you? And please try some punctuation. Its too hard to read those posts.

As for those trades, yeah I don't see them happening for a number of reasons. First off Koivu, Rivet and Hossa for Redden does not work finacially. The reason Ottawa needs to trade Redden is because he'll be to much to resign for his next contract. Taking on over $5 Million in salaries doesn't make alot of sense. Also Ottawa will not deal Redden to another team in the Northeast division. Then on top of that, its not even a good trade for Ottawa to make. Redden is a candidate for the Norris, will play for team Canada at the Olympics, and is a top 5 blueliner. Koivu, Rivet and Hossa don't equal up to that.

As for Zednick, Hainsey and a 3rd Rounder for Richards, well that just makes me wanna laugh. How do you trade the Conn Smythe Trophy winner and best player on your team ( with all respects to Vinny Lecavalier & Martin St. Louis) for a very good forward in Zednick, and unproven in Hainsey and a 3rd rounder? What are you thinking????

As for the nicknames. I'd like to see people just being referred to by their proper names. It irriatates me to no end to see Komi, Ribs, Perez and Theo. If you don't know how to spell their names, then go look it up. If your too lazy to type it all out, then stop posting.

Originally posted by kaos

As for the nicknames.  I'd like to see people just being referred to by their proper names.  It irriatates me to no end to see Komi, Ribs, Perez and Theo.  If you don't know how to spell their names, then go look it up.  If your too lazy to type it all out, then stop posting.  

BTW. It's Zednik not Zednick ... :D;)

Originally posted by Koivu11

koivu, rivet and hossa for Redden? what are you thinking?

He's probably thinking that he'd love to have an Al-Star D-man on the team. It's just no sillier as the "real" rumor for Richards.

And who the hell is perez. Is he a basball player or sumtin!! what is wrong with you! Can someone back me up on this argument!

A nickname is a nickname. I've seen a number of people shorten his name to that nickname, he's not the only one. What's the big deal?

Can u plz say perezehogin!

If we take the time to type Perezhogin, will you take the time to write out "you" instead of "u' and "because" instead of "cuz"? Oh, and since when did an exclamation point become a question mark?

AND HES NOT A 1st LINER BUDY!!!:mad:

Perezhogin has first line potential. It's not outside the realm of possibilites that he may someday be a 1st liner.

Did I miss something or did NHL really became EA Sports NHL?

On the 2005 Version, I've got Stuart, Niedermayer, Heatley, Nash... etc

All for Dags, Perrault, Juneau...etc.

:bow:

If you want an impact player, you have to give an impact player and most often, impact players don't change address just for the sake of it.

Lecavalier for Theo could have happened as both are in critical contract situation...

Lecavalier for a package with no impact player, forget it.

Theo for Luongo, forget it, why would the GMs want to swap their goalie? no reason.

Richards... well since TBAY is in a precarious financial situation... he could be on the Block, just as Hossa was on the block Hossa = Heatley. Richards = ? do we have what it takes to trade for Mr Conn Smythe? Ribeiro + Ryder might be enough, might be, only might... but would we be better off after the trade?

Richards for prospects and picks, won't happen, it's Richards there, not a second order player.

I still get the feeling that Bob Gainey is going to make a move or two. This is still not Bob team, he likes big, strong guys who can skate, like Kovalev and Bonk. I get the feeling he's not a big fan of Ryder or Riberio. I don't he'll move Theodore unless the negotiations get ugly. I think montreal has too many players that play the same style. I believe one of these guys (Hossa, Perehogin or Plekanec) will be moved, you can't send them to the minors every year. Bob Gainey, in my opinion, is still looking for that number one centre to build this team around.

I desagree with PEREZFAN as I dont see any dysfonctionality within the Ch that would preclude a need for a trade.

Once the various talents have managed to impress at training camp and pre-season games there is NOTHING that would be in the way against making 4 coherent lines with the resulting choices.

As such I feel that the Ch, like many other teams'', will have to cruise for a while in this '' new type hochey leage'' before reassessing values within and without.