NBA suspends season, how soon for NHL?

DON

9 hours ago, Commandant said:

The NHL will do whatever local governments force them to do. 

You think they will wait till then, i think more like Trizzak.

I see Soccer still going in Europe, but not sure about in Italy?

25 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I hope not, it would prevent TeamTank from sinking lower in the standings 

8th is good enough, dont think NJ or Sabres will go on a winning streak and pass them anyways.

9 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Didn’t the Habs climb up due to the Lottery to pick Kotka?

Yes 1 spot, so odds are even worse they will move up again.

8th is most likely.

1 hour ago, sbhatt said:

The thought of there not being any playoff hockey really stings.  Even when the Habs are out, I watch a lot of playoff games.  Damn it.

But if there is a season to miss the playoffs then this is the one.

Sounds like the world championships will be cancelled also. Not to mention the european champs in football (I refuse to call it sucker) will be postponed one year.

1 hour ago, sbhatt said:

The thought of there not being any playoff hockey really stings.  Even when the Habs are out, I watch a lot of playoff games.  Damn it.

I am the opposite, could care less about playoffs if Habs are not in it and watch very little. Especially come June, summer hockey is idiotic.

But am very curious to see how this situation plays out. Will amateur sports/minor leagues also be shut down or will they go with no/few fans at games, as a first step?

2 hours ago, sbhatt said:

Playoffs and the rest of thenseason still likely to be played.  Nhl is telling playoff teams to book arenas in july.  They dont want to lose the revenue so this is just postponing games not cancelling.

48 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Playoffs and the rest of thenseason still likely to be played.  Nhl is telling playoff teams to book arenas in july.  They dont want to lose the revenue so this is just postponing games not cancelling.

I sure hope the cornavirus mania is over with in time to resume the season.

5 hours ago, Chris said:

It has been canceled, which is kind of good so i dont have to watch this garbage team 

But will miss good playoff hockey 

Chris, you never had to watch this garbage team even when they were playing.

However it may leave a void in your life so you will have to find something else to be negative about. 

• Upvote 1

Freidmann on 31 thoughts said that there are a few options when thenleague comes back.

1) play the regular season games we miss

2) have bigger playoffs since its unfair to just eliminate teams (and also we need to make up some revenue lost)

12 teams per conference

Top 8 teams get byes (4 per conference on pts percentage)

Next 16 teams play each other (8 per conference) in a best 2 of 3 series or two games total goals series.

So the habs might make the playoffs yet.

Which would be funny as the negative nancys cant keep using the missed the playoffs in 4 of 5 years naŕrative.

Again though, no one knows the plan for sure.  The NHL will have to reassess once we know when we can start.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Freidmann on 31 thoughts said that there are a few options when thenleague comes back.

1) play the regular season games we miss

2) have bigger playoffs since its unfair to just eliminate teams (and also we need to make up some revenue lost)

12 teams per conference

Top 8 teams get byes (4 per conference on pts percentage)

Next 16 teams play each other (8 per conference) in a best 2 of 3 series or two games total goals series.

So the habs might make the playoffs yet.

Which would be funny as the negative nancys cant keep using the missed the playoffs in 4 of 5 years naŕrative.

Again though, no one knows the plan for sure.  The NHL will have to reassess once we know when we can start.

Maybe they should bite the bullet; infect all players, refs and team staff with virus, isolate them for 2 weeks and then get back at er, with select few fans in attendance. 

We need to see the last 11 Hab games, don't we?

1 hour ago, DON said:

We need to see the last 11 Hab games, don't we?

Yes.  Yes we do.  It's hard enough coming up with filler material from April through to the preseason for HW.  Adding another month to that?  Yikes.  We need those games.

31 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

I’d be OK if we at least still had the AHL.

I would take CHL.

Are sports networks going back to showing a ton of Poker and some old black and white classic hockey games?

Norlinder scheduled to play tomorrow (Series 1-1)

Coronavirus (COVID-19) status

NHL - Suspended until further notice
AHL - Suspended until further notice
ECHL - Suspended until further notice
QMJHL - Suspended until further notice
OHL - Suspended until further notice
WHL - Suspended until further notice
NCAA - Remaining season and postseason cancelled
USHL - Suspended until further notice
BCHL - Remaining postseason cancelled
KHL - Games take place behind closed doors
SHL - Playoffs start pushed to March 24
Swedish HockeyAllsvenskan - Games take place behind closed doors (Guinea Pig League?)
Swedish J20 SuperElit - Remaining season and postseason cancelled