Jagr's Paycheck

Koivu11

If somebody can just fill me in, im not aware if there were any posts put up about Jagr being paid 8.36 million for this season?? I thought the max was 7.9!!

I got this from www.thefourthperiod.com/NewYorkRangers.html can someone tell me whats goin on!

:hlogo::can::ghg::can::hlogo:

[Edited on 2005/8/29 by Koivu11]

So a guy like Yashin got who got a 10-year-8M (or was it 8yr-10M?) will be making big bucka for a while.

Hmm... funny how they don't use the same rule for someone earning 450,000 in the old CBA.:nono:

I don't really know but I think Washington would have bought out their portion of Jagr's contract. Either way they have to pay a 4 million to a player not playing for them. May as well buy him out and save the cap room. The only disadvantage to that is they have to pay the 4 million all at once, not spread out over the season.

Why are all u guys talking about Washington.

Jagr didnt play for washington last year did he??

Im lost, can someone fill me in!

Washington signed a big contract with Jagr a few years ago. When he was traded from the Capitals to the Rangers, Washington agreed to pay half his salary for the remainder of the contract. Thus both Washington and the Rangers were on the hook to pay him a little over 4 million (each) for the coming season.

I wouldn't have Jagr on my team if he paid me. He's a real downer for the team. He's aleways whining about something. He costs too much and theres just no upside to him. If he misses a shif he cries, if he doesnt make 100 million dollars in a year he cries (exagerating). He just wouldn't be a great asset to any team!

To my knowledge, the Rangers have to count all of Jagrs salary against their own cap space...does anyone know if the league has ruled or been asked to rule on this one?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/32...5p-280821c.html

Jagr is the only player in the NHL whose salary for the upcoming season - reduced by the collectively bargained 24% rollback - exceeds the $7.8 million individual player cap. But the Daily News has learned that a grandfather clause on existing contracts ensures that he'll get the entire $8.36 million he's due.

And that, for the purpose of calculating their room under the $39 million team cap, the Rangers only will be charged the amount they pay him - approximately $4.4 million.

The Washington Capitals agreed to pay $4 million of Jagr's annual salary as part of the January 2004 trade that sent him to New York. But that $4 million won't be charged against the Caps' cap. However, it will be included in the league-wide calculation of total player costs, which is capped at 54% of league revenues and reimbursable to owners via a periodic escrowing.