Life after Theo

GreggieMcHabfan

Suppose Jose Theodore only signs a one year deal and we lose him after the coming season. Who are the free agent goaltenders to be available next season. Just a few come to mind, including Marty Turko and Evgeni Nabokov as front line keepers. Also, Sean Burke and Curtis Joseph have only signed one year deals.

Assuming Theodore walks, who would you like to see replace him as Montreal's No. 1 until either Danis or Price steps up to assume the job.

You bad person having such thoughts.:)

If we lose him it will not be the worst disaster Montreal will have faced. We are strong in young goalies but we do need a couple of years to bring them along. At worst I hope we can sign him to two years so that we can bring Danis and Hedberg along. Price would be roughly 3-5 years away so we dont want to rush him into the fire. I think if he does sign for 1 year, he will probably re-sign with the Habs again next year. It is afterall this is his hometown hockey team and may play to the teams advantage.

I THINK YOU ARE NOW GETTING INTO A SITUATION HERE WHERE BOTH THEODORE AND LUONGO ARE OR COULD BE DISPLEASED WITH THERE CONTRACTS MAYBE THE BEST THING HERE IS A TRADE BECAUSE IF BOTH THESE GOALIES START THE YEAR OFF WHERE THEY ARE EMOTIONALLY IT CANT BE GOOD

Originally posted by pfloro

I THINK YOU ARE NOW GETTING INTO A SITUATION HERE WHERE BOTH THEODORE AND LUONGO ARE OR COULD BE DISPLEASED WITH THERE CONTRACTS MAYBE THE BEST THING HERE IS A TRADE BECAUSE IF BOTH THESE GOALIES START THE YEAR OFF WHERE THEY ARE EMOTIONALLY IT CANT BE GOOD

I THINK YOU SHOULD TURN OFF THE CAPS LOCK! STOP YELLING AT US PLEASE!

okay, thanks.

HE'S JUST BEING EMOTIONAL. THIS IS A VERY DISTURBING SUBJECT AND MANY PEOPLE ARE DEALING WITH FEELINGS THAT THEY MIGHT NOT HANDLE SO WELL. WE, AS A FORUM, SHOULD ALLOW PEOPLE TO WORK THROUGH THEIR FEELINGS IN WHATEVER WAY WORKS BEST. PERSONAL HEALING IS NOT AN EXACT SCIENCE AND IT IS UP TO THE INDIVIDUAL TO DETERMINE THEIR BEST COURSE.

or the capper might just be ridiculous and inconsiderate or ignorant of board politess

[Edited on 8/31/2005 by simonus]

Theadore and his agent are reportedly going to have a press conference today or tomorrow announcing that he is accepting his 1 year qualifying offer. He is supposedly looking for a long term deal on par with what Marty Brodeur is making, and a no trade clause....if this is true, then this is his last year in Montreal, and I don't think he's worth anything near what he's looking for anyway. He's no Martin Brodeur.

I was never really quite sure how typing with capital letters equated to someone yelling at me? Maybe I have to turn my volume up........nope that didn't work...Mmmmmmmm

As for dealing with emotional issues on this subject....PUH-lease....what are we a bunch of women....

I think I am gonna be sick......there should be no talk of personal healing or emotions in hockey.

Now if Theodore wants to sign a one year deal and become an unrestricted free agent, well then let him.

Get Danis as much playing time this year, and see how it goes. If it doesn't look like its going to work, then you bring in a quality free agent to hold down the fort for 3 or 4 years till price is ready.

I'd think by next year Danis will be ready to take the rains.

Also a trade for someone like Marc Denis, or Buffalo's Martin Biron is a possibility also.

BUt I think Theodore wants to be in Montreal. And I'll wait for word from him before believe anything else

[Edited on 2005/8/31 by kaos]

My opinion is that you cannot replace Jose. Let him sign the 1-year contract then negotiate a long term deal so that he can hit the ice. He looks to be that we can take for his word if he wants to stay. That is the biggest thing about the new CBA. We are going to have to think like fans of the NBA. Maxxed out contract (That one player salary to match % of Cap maximum), capped out (Total salary)and attracting big name free agents. Going to be very interesting over the next 24 months.

Go :hlogo: Go