I remember : The Canadien's 03-04 season

PB

Gainey had been but a few months in office and Julien was about to start its first full season in the NHL.

Press's and connoisseurs predictions towards the Ch's 04-05 season where bad ; no play-off participation,....12th in eastern division.

Predictions where turn up side down as the Ch clenched the 7th.

What where, according to you, the unforseen elements that made the team played way above those lowly predictions ?

There where many contributing crucial facteurs but here are my 3 favorite ones.

- The enhanced offensive created by Ryder, Ribeiro and Souray.

- The late additions by Gainey. ( Langdon, Begin, Dagenais ).

- The return to form by Theodore.

Which other contributing facteurs strike you as having played its part ?

EDIT: Wrong year in title

[Edited on 9-1-05 by Fanpuck33]

Most definitly agree with you Simonus.

Julien was my fourth favorite reason as to why the Ch did so well but left it open for some fans to chip in. Done.

There is another element, that without carrying the same weight as the ones previously mentionned as been, I think, extremely significant and will mention it later if it as not been yet.

I also fully agree with Simonus. Julien was the big difference. I remember in the years before that the Habs never seemed to have any sort of defensive system. We were always getting caught out of position and our passing was terrible. I used to cringe continually while watching the play. Within a few weeks of Julien taking over the change was remarkable.

I gess a would add the televised intervention at the very beginning of the season when Gainey showned us all his outrage at how some of the people where acting like idiots about this ungoing mistreatement of Brisebois and when on letting them know with the most direct language to stay home as their presence and anti-fans like behaviour where unwelcomed and wouldnt be tolerated.

This brought back some sanity in and around the Club and the Ch when on accumulating more points than they had from the previous 10 years.

That was special, Bob was in charge all wright.