Canadiens sign Gustav Olofsson

Trizzak

I was hoping they'd bring him back.  His numbers are certainly low but he has been a huge stabilizing presence defensively for Laval.  They don't publicly disclose ice time numbers but I think he'd be second in ATOI per game behind Ouellet.

Yeah, Dlbalr is right, he's been really good in the AHL. 

He feels like the Hudon of the defence though, as when we called him up, he was terrible in the NHL. 

Classic Quadruple-A player, but the AHL team needs those.

Especially if the NHL allows a compliance buyout here, cuase if that happens, you know Alzner will be gone. 

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

Yeah, Dlbalr is right, he's been really good in the AHL. 

He feels like the Hudon of the defence though, as when we called him up, he was terrible in the NHL. 

Classic Quadruple-A player, but the AHL team needs those.

That is not fair to Hudon ,  but I am probably the only one that feel that way .

I would say it is more of a move to surround prospects with players who have played in the NHL versus career ECHLers

3 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

That is not fair to Hudon ,  but I am probably the only one that feel that way .

I would say it is more of a move to surround prospects with players who have played in the NHL versus career ECHLers

How is it not fair to Hudon....

This season, 1g 1a in 15 NHL games, and not very good defensively. 
Last season... 3g 2a in 32 NHL games. 

He does not produce enough offensively, He's a liability defensively.  There is no other way to say this, He's not an NHL player.

He reminds me of me. Not talented enough, working hard to fit in, some good performances followed by tough breaks.

Bournival, Andrighetto, LaPierrere, Begin, d’Aghostini, Kostopulos, 

All those fifth-liners not fit for a fourth-liner grinder role but too good for the AHL remind me of me. I have a soft spot for them

G. Olofsson is just not good enough  

• dlbalr changed the title to Canadiens sign Gustav Olofsson

Begin and Lapierre are in a different category for me. They were solid 3rd/4th liners even in the NHL... Kostopolous too I suppose. 

Hudon is a very different player than them and more similar to Bournival. Regardless of whether he plays in the NHL or AHL, he has to be a top 6 player to be effective and valuable. He will always be that in the AHL but at this point it is unlikely at the NHL level.

Andrighetto is a player I liked a lot, but don’t know many others who were unhappy to see him go.... Regardless of what line he was on, I found that he was hustling and so in a way he was a more skilled And less physical version of Begin. As a result, he could play anywhere in the lineup. 

12 hours ago, Commandant said:

How is it not fair to Hudon....

This season, 1g 1a in 15 NHL games, and not very good defensively. 
Last season... 3g 2a in 32 NHL games. 

He does not produce enough offensively, He's a liability defensively.  There is no other way to say this, He's not an NHL player.

10g 20a in 72gms as a rookie, with not choice minutes or PP play.

But, he really just not good enough to bump anyone in top six and too slow and not good enough as defensive grinder.

27 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Begin and Lapierre are in a different category for me. They were solid 3rd/4th liners even in the NHL... Kostopolous too I suppose. 

Hudon is a very different player than them and more similar to Bournival. Regardless of whether he plays in the NHL or AHL, he has to be a top 6 player to be effective and valuable. He will always be that in the AHL but at this point it is unlikely at the NHL level.

Andrighetto is a player I liked a lot, but don’t know many others who were unhappy to see him go.... Regardless of what line he was on, I found that he was hustling and so in a way he was a more skilled And less physical version of Begin. As a result, he could play anywhere in the lineup. 

Yes, I realised that about Begin and Lapierre after I posted but didn't get back to the forum in time to edit before the feedback.

Palushaj, Carr, Andrighetto, d'Agostini, Bournival, Holland, Christian Thomas?