Perezhogin finally signs!

Habs77

Yeah , great news! I've been waiting forever for the habs to do something...

I cant wait to see this guy perform in camp...

BTW Swifty (welcome aboard) - One comparison for Perezhogin that I've heard more then once is Alex Mogilny , same skills , same size , both good defensively.... I've only seen Perezhogin play 3 times or so , so I cant comment on how accurate it is...

And before anyone blasts me... Its just a style comparison , its not me saying that Perezhogin will ever be the player Mogilny is.

Very cool. Glad to see that Gainey has managed to bring Perezhogin over, finally. So now, Komisarek, Perezhogin, Milroy, Plekanec, Jarventie (I think), and Archer have all been signed by the Habs. 6 of 8 picks from the 2001 draft. That's pretty cool.

Quick question (based off of the depth charts from HF)...does anyone know if Perezhogin plays his off wing? I know HF used to have him listed as a LW, but has since slapped him onto the right side.

Originally posted by huzer

Quick question (based off of the depth charts from HF)...does anyone know if Perezhogin plays his off wing? I know HF used to have him listed as a LW, but has since slapped him onto the right side.

Russianprospects.com reports that Perezhogin played Center with Avangard VDV in 2000-2001 (on a line with Taratukhin and Golovin).

And also, "On Team Russia U20, the best line was clearly that centered by Alexander Perezhogin, with Grigorenko and Calgary Flames prospect Andrei Taratukhin on the wings."

http://www.russianprospects.com/tournament...nd_U20_full.htm

http://www.russianprospects.com/profiles/p..._perezhogin.htm

On the last 2003 U20 IIHF World Junior Championships in Canada, Perezhogin played again with DET Grigorenko, but i don't remember seeing him play Center. I think he was LW, but not sure

He's a left shot who plays RW... but frankly he can play either wing if that's where we need him, like Zednik.

Khastitsyn is the contrary, a right shot playing left wing.

If Perezhogin seems ready during training camp look for Gainey to figure out a way to part with Audette for the 2nd time... although it'll be difficult given the current cost-cutting environment and Audette's long-term contract.

AS has already said he sees Higgins playing LW, and we already have Bulis/Hossa/Sundstrom (with Khastitsyn on the way too) so I'm guessing Perezhogin will get to play his prefered RW position.

To me Khastistsyn/Higgins/Bulis are our future LWers... which would explain why Hossa was offered to FLA for us to trade up to get Staal.

Me thinks Hossa will eventually be involved in a trade to acquire a center (or be moved to center himself).

On RW we have Zednik/Ward/Ryder... and Audette of course, soon to be replaced by Perezhogin.

At center we have Koivu, Ribeiro... then Perreault & Juneau who's cointracts expire at year end... and Kilger.

It's pretty clear where we need to improve the team, center.

We also need to clean up our defense situation, Souray/Rivet and their persistent wrist problems, Dykhuis/Traverse garbage still lying around, and the never-ending Breezer saga.

[Edited on 11-7-03 by Habs77]

Originally posted by SWIFTYHAB

THANKS PUCK

IVE BEEN ON THE ESPN BOARD FOR ABOUT 4 YEARS NOW, AND HAVE BEEN READING ALL THE MESSAGES ON THAT BOARD AND THIS ONE, ONCE YOU CREATED IT. DONT EXPECT ME TO WRITE IN TOO MUCH, BUT KNOW THAT IM ALWAYS READING. ALWAYS.

welcome aboard swifty....

just to let you know, we can thank sakiqc for giving birth to this board...

(gotta love the visual of that :D )

Originally posted by huzer

Hey un_hab, are you in Phoenix? Just curious where some fun shit is to do down there since I'll be there next week.

hey huz....

just saw you on YIM....but you logged off before i could catch you.

im in tucson...as for fun....theres not much to do in phoenix aside from the basic shit..bars....clubs etc....also there are probably a lot of college kids left over from asu which can be quite obnoxious.

the only recommendation i have is a restaurant called see-saw. a friend of mine is clamoring to take me there when i head up to phoenix next. anyhow, from what i hear it is some of the best japanese cusine around. i hear it is very pricey but worth every penny.

damn....hunger sets in.

other than that phoenix gets some decent music. i was there about 3 weeks ago for a show--lots of little dives to see bands at.

"the mason jar" and "bostons" to name a few.