Habs signed Jeff Paul...

puck7x

Another goon... 27 year old 6'4 225lb D-man. Gainey sure is addressing the size issue in the organization since he's gotten here, from drafting guys like Chipchura/Latendresse ... to acquiring players for the pro team like Bonk/Kovalev (yeah, they arent power-forwards, but they are big guys) , to signing big-sized role players (Ivanans, Aitken, Vandermeer, Paul)

http://rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/187324.html

We've got Ivanans, Vandeermeer, Aitken, and now Jeff Paul. Is Worrell next? lol

Nobody is messing with the Dogs this year, thats for sure.

[Edited on 2005-9-7 by puck7x]

Thats right, wether its for their size, grit or boxing skill, they keep comin in.

Started last year with Dagenais, Begin and Langdon and then all those latest additions you mentionned,...one could even had Price to that list but one should refrain from doing so.

I've never heard of this guy. Must have never played in the NHL. I don't really care. I don't see the point of having him. Is he really going to get an NHL or play-off game when he's 11th or 12th in line, especially when there's Aitken to call-up to play that exact same style.

It's more of a useless signing to me. Unless Gainey meant to have him boost the farm team. The closest he should get to helping the Habs is by protecting their youngsters.

Since no one was holding a gun at Gainey, his signing as to be meaningfull,... wether we get it or not, its a different matter.

Paul's same age than Vandermeer (27) and played many years in the AHL,...Yvanans already with the Bull is pretty much of the same reality.

Its not clear who will play where, but clear enought to know that most will be usefull in Hamilton and easily avallaible if the big club need them.

A couple of those guys makes sence. But 4, and the big guys we already have. And upcoming big Youngsters. Nah we will see, but i find it strange.

Gonna teach Komi something??:D

sportsnet..

MONTREAL (CP) - The Montreal Canadiens have signed defenceman Jeff Paul to a one-year contract.

The 27-year-old from London, Ont., had a goal, two assists and 137 penalty minutes in 54 games for the American Hockey League's Portland Pirates last season.

Paul, six foot four and 225 pounds, was drafted 42nd overall by Chicago in 1996. He played two regular season games for the Colorado Avalanche in 2002-03 and has played in the AHL for Hershey, San Antonio, Hartford and Portland since then.

[Edited on 2005/9/7 by Dutch_Habs_Fan]

None of us are in any position to second guess gainey.

If he feels we need to add size and toughness to the blue line then he knows more than we do. I think this signing was for the farm team but I don't know any facts so I will leave that alone, but as Bulis_the_Habbie said, it makes sense adding protection for our up and coming stars in the AHL.

Question, have any of you fans in AHL towns seen him fight? and if so, Can he handle himself? How would he do against the big guns like Brashear? Yes I know he could probably knock Domi out but so could half our team as it is.