rumour - Chow to leafs

Dalhabs

if its true... :clap::lol::clap:

He was even benched in the swedish elite league last year... but off course.. so were Bryan McCabe so I guess the leafs collects concussions and players who cant make it into the swedish elite league... great.. for us :)

Chow = Mariusz Czerkawski (might misspell but hes no longer a habs so...)

[Edited on 2005/9/8 by Dalhabs]

doctor -- i am worried that my perspective on all things leaf may be becoming increasingly unhealthy.

naturaly, as a habs fan, i am pleased when my team makes a smart move. but i find myself similarly pleased when the leafs make a stupid one. and so the mere rumor regarding czerkawski and the leafs has me shiverling with anticipation.

now, first and foremost i am a habs fan. and if we win the stanley cup this year i'm sure i would be thrilled.

the thing is, if the leafs finish dead last in the east this year i believe i would also be just as thrilled. in fact my ideal season would be just that -- habs win all 82 regular season games then win 16 more to take the cup, and the leafs lose all of their 82 regular season games.

there is no limit to my feelings on this matter -- for example, if the leafs finished the season with a record of 1-0-81, i would probably say "damn, they won a game" and my joy would be diminished.

i think this is called 'schadenfreud'

doctor, is there something wrong with me?

True Habs fans hate the leaf. Laughing at the leaf and its stupider fans is a fun and easy. elf (aka ever-lovinleaf-fan) are all wet with the thought of the Polish Prince coming to the CotU (Centre f the Universe). More proof that elf are dumb.

JLP's position on feeling joyful at leaf misery as much as feeling joy from Habs success is 100% pure, unadulterated truth.

thanks guys i was worried there was something wrong with me but now that i know it is natural and even healthy to hate the leafs, i feel much better!

(man i hope they sign czerkawski)

czerkawski will be run out of town in the fashion khrisitch was. ferguson has gotten out smarted by every GM in the league and now he's resorted to signing bums like czerkawski so that their easily brain-washed fans can say "hey he knows what he's doing".

this is not 2000 so most of the players they've signed are past their prime. czerkawski only seems effective on long island.

i like a move like this. it gives the non-hockey fans (all leaf fans) reason to be optomistic. they remember that 5 years ago czerkawski was a good player. let them get excited and when things don't work out like they thought, it'll be all the more fun to laugh at them.

I don't want the Leafs to finish last. That would give them a real shot at a #1 draft pick overall. What I want is for them to finish in the bottom third of the league and miss the playoffs without ever actually enhancing their odds at drafting a Sydney Crosby.:/)

Having said that, JFJr made one very interesting move, picking up Jason Allison for a song. If that guy stays healthy and recovers the game he had before he got hurt, they'll have one of the NHL's best and most underrated forwards, all for negligible dough. But Czerkwaski? Lindros? Forget it!

I agree with Rooo-Ah. I want them to truly suffer. Bad enough to have no shot at the play-offs and just good enough so that they don't get a really high draft position.

If you want to laugh/gag read Alan Andrews latest crap on sportsnet.ca. He wrote a column arguing that the lefts(as in left-overs) don't really need a training camp because their veteran-laden(read- old) line-up is nearly set. He even seems happy that the Leafs probably dont have any youngsters good enough to beat out Thomas or Keane for a roster spot:o

Duuuuh .... what would you rather have.... Montreal's situation with the kids fighting for spots or Toronto's where players like MC and Dummy are locks for a spot because the cupboard is bare???

:-^ the Leafs and their media toadies:-^

Mariusz Czerkawski

Brad Brown

What is with the Leafs picking up rejected X-Habs?

Is this going to be the trend one would ask. Czerkawski, well we don't have to go into that we saw him play. But Brad Brown? Does anyone remember Canadiens drafting him 18th overall in the 1994 draft. Yikes, if he could not make our team that is a very questionable signing.

The continuing rumour in Leaf Land is that Fergie has the Master Plan. Hahahahahahahahaha! :)

Originally posted by PMAC

I agree with Rooo-Ah. I want them to truly suffer. Bad enough to have no shot at the play-offs and just good enough so that they don't get a really high draft position.

If you want to laugh/gag read Alan Andrews latest crap on sportsnet.ca. He wrote a column arguing that the lefts(as in left-overs) don't really need a training camp because their veteran-laden(read- old) line-up is nearly set. He even seems happy that the Leafs probably dont have any youngsters good enough to beat out Thomas or Keane for a roster spot:o

Duuuuh .... what would you rather have.... Montreal's situation with the kids fighting for spots or Toronto's where players like MC and Dummy are locks for a spot because the cupboard is bare???

:-^ the Leafs and their media toadies:-^

Now that is funny!

I could not agree more. The Leaf media is ######ed. Anyone who lives near Toronto knows what we are talking about.

Insane