so what do you think about the wings

un_habitant

I think the wings are decent , they've got a good defense (especially after signing Hatcher) , the offense might be hurt now that Fedorov and possibly Yzerman are gone , but they have some good young guns like Zett and Datsyuk to fill the void...

The goalie situation is great, they have Hasek and they will be able to trade Cujo for help in other areas...

They'll be alright for next year , but as for the future... they arent looking as good.....

sjsjjdjxhhfhgh

My first reaction was Detroit can forget about the Cup with the lineup they have up front... Yzerman, Shanahan, Hull are not getting any younger and now they've lost Fedorov.

But when you look at the D: Lidstrom, Chelios, Hatcher, Schneider... that's pretty solid.

And Hasek might be 39-40 but he's ultra-competitive... he'll find a way to be ready when it counts.

Then you look at the other "contending" teams.. none of them have proven top notch goaltending.

Colorado (for now) with Asbischer, Turco hasn't proven himself to me in Dallas plus they lost Hatcher, St-Louis will have Osgood or Cujo, Philly has Hackett, Belfour is ok but we're talking TO here, and then there's NJ.

Plus if DET trades Cujo for Weight as the rumors are suggesting... that will help their lack of grit on offense.

Plus with DET making a big push to win it this year... I expect other improvements along the way.

So yeah, they have a decent shot.