Total Salary for the Habs?

Brett38

I'm not sure where one gets 35.9 million but, on TSN.ca, it gives them just a touch more than 31 million but without counting the amounts for Hossa, Komisarek, Plekanec, Aitken & Vandemeer. I suppose there's also Jeff Paul's salary, whatever that was.

All of this is still a long ways from 36 million. :?-

[Edited on 2005/9/13 by shortcat1]

I believe the team payroll is around $36,000,000 but nobody will really know till all the details of contracts are released. Also I'm not sure if the published salaries include bonuses that would count against the cap as well, so $36,000,000 could be inflated for that purpose.

All in all I believe that Habs to be in an excellent position. I just can't wait for camp to open, and some exhibition games to be played. Hopefully Julien can switch from a defensive system minded coach to one that can play offense if the crackdown on obstruction is as promised

The number look like they hold up on the first list.

Always look at theodore's salary to see if its added right:

If its 5.333, its taken the right way.

If its 4.5, then they still don't understand the whole point.

TSN lists 4.5. They have it wrong. They only put what theo got this season instead of averaging it out. Its 16 mil for 3 years, not 13.5.

But are bonuses included in the cap?? Yes we have 3.1 mil left but what is up with the bonuses that are undisclosed? Mabey they are at the cap limit but with bonuses not Contracts. Can someone make this clear to me?

There aren't any individually negotiated bonuses for most players in the new CBA.

Only three types of players can recieve personal performance bonuses:

1- Entry level players

2- Players over 35 on a 1 year deal

3- Players who suffered a significant injury the previous season.

The habs have no player falling under any of the 3 criteria (besides perhaps Higgins and Kosy)

Also, an more importantly, it is the average salary that is valid for cap purposes, not the actual annual payout to the players.

Bill Beacon, Canadian Press, wrote a nice article on the Habs which was in today's Globe and Mail

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto.../BNStory/Sports

(and presumably other places) in which he said the HABS salary was around 32 Million--- I'm not sure... I think the only ones who will really know are the teams of accountants that the NHL has calculating this Cap:D