Fantasy Question For Habs Fans...

jetsniper

Ok, I was offered Hejduk for Lecavalier and Amonte. Now at first I thought this was stupid but then I saw Saku was still a FA so I could pick him up to replace Lecavalier. Hejduk is definitely one up on Amonte. How is Koivu expected to do this season. Would it be a good move? Basically, its this.

Vincent Lecavalier

Tony Amonte

for

Milan Hejduk

Saku Koivu

Well, here's my thoughts...

Lecavalier is going to have a very good year, as this is his comming out year (yea yea, he won the cup, but this is going to be more his year). So losing him would kind of suck.

Amonte would pick up quite a few points because of Iginla.

However, Hejduk would probably still get you more points in Colorado than Amonte.

So it comes down to Captain K. Take into consideration... Injuries... With Kovalev returning for the full year, expect Koivu's numbers to sky rocket... but if he can't stay healthy, it will be useless... (not sure if this affects ur game...

Anywayz... if you're comfident that Koivu can stay healthy, then go with it...

I think I talked a lot here and really came to no real conclusion... hahahaha

Personally, I'd choose Lecavalier and Hedjuk.... but that's not possible in this situation. I don't know if Amonte's really got enough left in his tank.... so Koivu and Hedjuk just might be the better combo.

I've got a rule that I don't choose Habs players though in pools and such, because my opinion of them will alwayz be biased, so it's impossible to get a real idea of how they're going to do.

Okay, i'm tired and fighting myself on this one... so Just toss a coin man!... lol

• 1 month later...

Lecavalier will be worse this year. He used to be the worst player on the best line on the league. Now with Cory Stillman gone (who beat him by 13 points), Lecavalier is the middle player on an average line. Sure, he's still got Martin St Louis but Vaclav Prospal is his LW.

Hejduk should probably have a shot at the Rocket Richard. Amonte will get points next to Iginla but not as many as Koivu. I say make the deal.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hehe, you guys found a thread from October,

I hope you didn't make that deal jetsniper, Hejduk has been crap.

I did actually, lol. It worked out though, since about a week later I got offered Svatos and Redden for Hejduk. :D

I haven't checked that team in a while though, I'm not sure if I took Koivu out during his injury. :o

Awesome deal. Svatos is about the only player left on my team whom I actually drafted, haha. My expectations certainly have been met thus far. The kid has knack for clutch goals, leading the NHL with 7 so far.

Oh yeah, I love the kid too. Kind of pisses me off that Upper Deck chose Wolski over Svatos for that rookie card thing. Still, I'm happy with my Wolski card. And I never would've dreamed that Marek would be right on Alex and Sidney's ass. Probably the biggest bright spot for the Avs this year.