Theodore says #1!

Habby1197

Originally posted by Habby1197

RDS takes it offline, interesting... I wonder what happened.

You're right.

My guess is the Habs are trying to smother the story as best as they can. Who needs bad publicity and another stupid useless story about an armless gesture when the camp is starting.

I sure am fed up of the journalists in Montreal. Always trying to stir up shit for nothing.

Can we please concentrate on hockey for once. Who cares what is does off ice!!!!

We should be talking about the team, the young players who might make the team, including future super start Latendresse.

On the Latendresse topic yesterday, a lot of people wrote that he should go back to the juniors (I mentionned that we should see what he does vs. NHL players and give him a shot if he does well) but now even Gainey as mentionned that there are spots open for young players, including Latendresse. Gainey said to wait and see how he performs over the next few weeks, but that t was a possibility. To quote Gainey:

"We will strat the season with the best players that perform the best during the camp, no matter their age or salary". Told ya Latendresse had a shot at making the team this year.

im sorry but i dont understand what happened and why theo flipped someone off, the link doesn't work anymore so its a little hard for me to understand. The picture is cool though! :P

OH MY GOD!!!! I LUV THIS PIC hahahahaha and YES, i wonder what it was about??

NOTE : it showed *le grand journal* at the left top corner, so it's from TQS... i'm doing some reasearch right now~

---

OK here's the situation :

today's theodore's bday and he was with his team mates... joking around~ and it was the team pix session and the photographer wanted theo to smile and he asked him to pose for his fans, and his reaction was THAT gesture and it was REALLY for fun~ he wanted to show *#1* >> like fans r #1 but his fingers decreased and we SAW it like THAT (even the crew was laughing about that)~

théo explained himself about it and he was shocked to see that in the NEWS part coz he thought that TQS would put this sequence in a *humouristic* newsline... like... a lil joke...

we'll have more details tomorrow i guess... i think this is going to be on "le journal de montreal"'s front page haha

WE LUV U THEO!!!!!!!!!!

F*CK TQS!!!

[Edited on 2005/9/14 by bebehabs]

[Edited on 2005/9/14 by bebehabs]

he was asked to take a cool pose for his fans

so he decided to look like a rock star. but he just did it as a joke...but i'm sure some idiots(cherry to nam aoly one) will overreact and will that it is a lack if respect for the fans.

If corey was still in charge, theodore would probablu be allready trade elsewhere for a jdozen pucks

I think it's a great picture, though. but i'm not in charge of PR

There was an official picture session for all the canadiens players.

Normally, journalists are not invited to film these sessions, but since its a special day and that everyone is extatic that the season is starting up, they are allowed to assist.

Of course Theo's picture taking is filmed.

The official story is that the photograph (who seems to be with the habs for a long time) asked for Theo to do "something crazy" (in order to relax). Everyone laughed and joked about it but TQS's camera guy called his sport editor and told him that he had caught a sequence with Theo insulting his fans.

The sequence got diffused in a loop on a 5 o'clock popular tribune on daily events. The lead on that tribune made a speech about it (he doesn't know a thing about sports mind you), the professional sport community got involved (saying that it was all blown up out of proportion and that it was just a joke).

Last thing I know it was the main subject of 110% and Ron Fournier talked about it on CKAC with Theodore and the sport editor (Fournier made a side note that montreal proved yet again to be a mouse trap for francophone players).

Yada yada yada.

One precision: On the tape, you actually hear someone "off camera" asking theo to make poses based on situations. There were many background noises but some words are clearly heard:

-"Serious face"

(Theo makes a serious face)

-"For the magasine"

(Theo makes the fingers)

-"For the fans"

(Theo makes the no 1 sign)

I believe theo made the sign to kid with the photographer on the subject of "the magasine" (it might be the habs's official magasine and everything might be an inside joke as far as we know).

However, the clip came out with the presenter asking the viewers to listen closely the the words "for the fans" in relation to the gesture.

Of course, it was made only bigger by the implicit reference to the destruction of the early 90's core by which Carbo and Roy were traded for a bucket of pucks following the mediatised events.

Personnally, ìt depresses me to see such idiotic behavior on the part of the media on a day where we should be making official prospect reviews, talk about the alignments, the prospects and put a little hype on Latendresse (its always fun to dream a bit!)

Stupid assholes.

:nono:

[Edited on 2005/9/14 by Capt.Crunch]

Capt.Crunch : WELL DONE! this is exactly what happened ;)

--

let's boycott TQS!!! they REALLY did it to get a lil bit attention and increase their rating~ i think they are the only media who said and think that it was an insult... coz all the others seem to see it as a joke from théo~

ahhhhhhh~ damn media~ from now on, players r going to stay alert in whatever they say or do, and we'll never get the real opinion from them anymore... they'll avoid questions and medias... this is BAD bcoz there's a lot of good media (i mean, professionnal one!)~

What is up with the French Media and Jose? He said he was kidding around and I take him at his word. If Quebec is as bad as Toronto I feel sorry for the Montreal players.

Are we not allowed to have fun in Canada any more. I think it was funny without knowing what he was trying to do. You can tell by his face he was playing around.

Jose for Prime Minister! :clap:

When you are making millions of dollars and above all else a professional, you should act accordingly. I don't care if it was a joke. He was around camera and the media, the onus was on him to act with some class. He has a history surrounding himself controversy. I'll state it now... I'm a fan of his jersey but not of his number.

:hlogo:

who really cares, lighten up. now we think millionaires aren't allowed to kid around?!? unless we were in the room and experienced the atmosphere there was in the room, there's no way we can judge an action like that. imagine if the room felt like he was with a bunch of pals at the bar or wherever, in a social environment - then it would be funny. sure he should have known better, sure he should remember that he needs to be on guard 24/7, but he didn't - i'm not holding this against him.

If I did something like that at work regardless if it was meant to be funny or not, I'd be in heap of trouble. I'm glad its been pulled off the RDS site, kids can misinterpret this. They don't relate to a 'bar' environment. Its certainly an uncool thing to do in my books. Congrats Theo! Bring on Danis and Price, cheaper and less bagage.:hlogo:

Morally, I agree with MNSF but, in the bigger scheme of things, this is small potatoes. Also, I agree with those who slam TQS for even bringing it up. All it is is brain candy, sensationalism (à la Global TV).

As to using that picture as one's avatar, I can't say that I agree. I sympathize but I can't agree.

What is up with the French Media and Jose? He said he was kidding around and I take him at his word. If Quebec is as bad as Toronto I feel sorry for the Montreal players: stated but Howie_Morenz

Just so u know the Montreal media is ten times worse than the toronto. If you havent notice then i consider u slap urself cuz its pretty obvious. This is why players leave Montreal sometimes, they can't handle the media. And don't say im wrong cuz Im not i know how they roll and im sure everyone that lives in this great city with moron paparazzi knows that.

For instance take the incidence with Ribeiro and Koivu 2 years ago. They got into a little scuffle and the media made a big shit out of it. They were making up all kids of stories,"aww Ribeiro doesn't like Koivu, he wants to be the No1 centerman, its gonna affect their gameplay and so on"

Just to prove thats the Montreal media is alot worse than Toronto's by far!

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

[Edited on 2005/9/15 by Koivu11]

Koivu11 grown ups do not slap themselves and u is spelled "you". I do not live in Montreal so I have no clue how bad the media can be. :?- Thank you for educating me about Quebec media. :/)

The centre of the Universe T-DOT is pathetic as well. Today Lindros is crying because a rookie hit him. Latest report from all the Toronto stations is that not only is Lindros a little sore, he got mad at a reporter because he was aked if he had a booboo from the hit. Maybe he got another concusion? :o

Just thought i'd let you know a little bit about Montreal. But im guessing that Toronto is second worse, Canadian teams have alot more pressure because it's a Canadian game. In the USA they don't have swarms of journalists and people dying to know about the team, they mabey have a good 7 if they're lucky. They're more interested in football and Basketball, you know the more American sports.

PS: The Tampa Bay Lightnings couldn't even sell out the arena in the Stanley Cup game!!:(

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

:can::can::can:

Why anyone would make a big deal about this is beyond me. Many celebrities have been caught off the record saying controvercial things or flipping the bird. If you have a kid that reads the kind of media that reports this than chances are they have seen much worse. I mean really, most of us accept fighting as part of the game. Who is going to say a middle finger is worse than someone getting their teeth knocked out?

Your kid will know what's right and wrong by the standards you keep in your house not by what some player of the greatest hockey team ever did off the ice. Hockey is meant to appeal to many types of people, you can't expect it to cater to your tastes all the time. Personally I thought it was funny.