players you want the habs to acquire

un_habitant

within reason, what single player would you want the habs to pick up.

leave your lecavaliers, federovs, heatleys and gagnes out of this....

players that it wouldnt cost us the future.

my pick: eric belanger....C: LA kings

6'0 185

ive been watching this kid since he began with the kings in 00-01....i get a lot of the west coast games where i am so ive had time to watch.

remember how benoit brunet could play anything from the 1st line scoring role to a 3rd and 4th line checking role? belanger made significant strides in rounding out his game especially with jason allison out of the lineup. often he was called upon to score on the 1st line which he did with a variety of players.

when back in his checking role, he remained aggressive on and away from the puck as well as an offensve threat scoring 3 SH goals.

he's only 25 and already has a well rounded game. he could be our true 3rd line center and fill in on the scoring lines if necessary.

lets hear your suggestions..!

:hlogo::ghg::que::hlogo::ghg::que::hlogo::ghg::que::hlogo::ghg::que:

[Edited on 2003/7/13 by un_habitant]

I vote for "nobody".

Unless it's to bring in a star player, let the kids play.

Looking ahead... when Perreault & Juneau contracts' expire at year end, then we'll need a center. (or two if Ribeiro can't hack it, which is a real possibility)

Another Kings player, Laperriere, will be a UFA next year, would replace Juneau as 3rd line center... I think that has a decent chance of happening.