Bring Your Own BOoze

CoRvInA

Anyone have any interest in the world of Booze? Wine beer Liquor?

I work part time at a Liquor Store here In vancouver if anyone has any interests about cheap good for the buck value wine to impress a gal here's where we can share some info about it ... Quebec (which I miss with all my heart hasnt that problem) but for the rest of you and us...

Also making your booze also is a great topic share beer recipes..etc

By the way if you go to the liquor store be sure to try

1) Terra Andina A merlot for under 13 bucks From Chile Rich in fruit and full bodied Merlot (Sipping some now as I write) good quality for those not sure or scared of trying red wine and for those that are wanting to broaden their horizons!

2) Casl Thaulero A Sangiovese from Italia Great Value (Ontario residents know this one far too well) Under 10 bucks

A little funky for most beginners but for those a little more valiant can find a great value Old world wine here!

Italians make great wine by the way!

Ok thats it for now

Thanks for reading!

:hlogo:Text

When my wife and I were younger and way the heck poorer, we used to buy some wine. We didn't know much about what was good or what was a good bang for the buck.

Around that time, I read in some magazine about some wine called CASTELLI ROMANI (red) and COLLI ALBANI (white) that was cheap but GOOD! :/):/)

So, I went to the local LCBO and bought some. It was a good 15-20% cheaper than much of the other stuff and even cheaper than many other brands. Well, the article was right on. This is good wine for a good dollar. If the one you like to woo likes flavour, here it is. :/) If she likes dry wine, here it is. :/) If she likes the idea of Italian wines, here it is too. :/)

CASTELLI ROMANI (red) and COLLI ALBANI (white) by Fontana di Papa. Enjoy! :/):/):/):/)

In my opinion a very undervalued wine is the Fetzer Zinfandel. It's a dark, peppery, leathery wine, and while it's price $14.95 here in Ottawa is decent, I feel it could easily be bumped up into the next level of wines ($25+). In fact, it's just about time for me to pick up my case of the 2002 to put in the cellar. I've got 2001 one there (the best year since I started drinking it with the '99 year) and I look forward to opening some as time goes on.

Colin

Yes indeed great deals from California, speaking of California but Baja in this case if Your a Syrah lover (shiraz) have you tried one called De Lacetto form Baja California (Mexico) its 13.99 here in BC. Mind you its a simple wine but rich in colour and peppery spice yet not as overpowering as Aussie Shiraz...

One thing to my Ontario friends ... I've heard you get some BC wines over there!.... Burrowing Owl ; Sandhill; Mission Hill etc... But sadly we dont get any of your fine wines... I believe their is some unethical trade barriers here imposed by the BC gov and the BC wine producers (speculation only)

So unfortunately have not tried any Ontario wines other than the Unity wine which is a blend of BC and Ontario varietals.

Cheers

Corv

im generally a fan of bordeaux, especially medoc, st-eustephe, and st-emillion. Not generally a fan of pure varietals, but I can get into oregon pinot-noir, chilean cab, and I absolutely love south african pinotage. If you havent tried a pinotage, go get a steak (bleu) and a bottle... perfect. One of the nicest thing is that most pinotage peaks really quick... quicker than beaujolais and a hell of a lot more substantial.

By the way did anyone go to the Chilean Wine tasting Tour that swept through the country... (CANADA that is) they were in the UK before and now their off to Asia... Montreal Quebec , Toronto Ottawa Calgary Edmonton and Vancouver where I was serving Wine for the High end Somelliers and Wine connaisseurs... Bunch of Wankers but The restaurant people where Awesome and the gals were GREAT ... would inspire any great wine maker

Picks .. All the bordeaux blends (traditionals Merlot Cab/sauv all wourth trying) The Carmenere were off except by luck the One I was serving.... A wine critic which I will keep Annon. said it was the best of the bunch

(J.Bouchon special reserve Carmenere).... $20.50

freakin little grape its not easy to make that wine!!

Cheers to you all!!!