who's ur pick for this year's calder IF...

bebehabs

IF...

our dearest Latendresse is making the big team and play on the 2nd line... huh? huh??? :D

i'm telling u guys that i'm personally NOT sure that Crosby is going to win the Calder easily (coz i'm not sure that he'll have a nice season haha~)

IF Latendresse is making the team... my pick to win the Calder will be Latendresse~ *dreaming* ;) hehe

:clap::clap::clap::ghg::clap::clap::clap:

hey hey~ i'm surprised that no one said Crosby :S well it's fine~~ it means that i'm not the only one who think that way hahaha

Crosby HAS to be the favorite by far to win the Calder. Not only is he the most talented young prospect entering the league but he also has Lemieux, Recchi, Palffy, Gonchar, Tarnstrom and LeClair around him. He's also guaranteed to see 1st unit PP minutes with probably Gonchar, Palffy, Recchi and Gonchar. :o

Runner up is probably Ovechkin or Carter. Ovechkin is going to be "the man" in Washington but isn't surrounded with much talent. Carter isn't as talented as Ovechkin or Crosby but will have a great line-up around him...almost as good as what Crosby has around him. The exception for Carter is that he's not nearly as talented as Crosby.

You also gotta figure that the refs will be "protecting" Crosby because of the expectations around him as the new "saviour" for NHL hockey. I know that some may bash that as unrealistic but I think it's probable.

Originally posted by Zowpeb

Crosby HAS to be the favorite by far to win the Calder.  Not only is he the most talented young prospect entering the league but he also has Lemieux, Recchi, Palffy, Gonchar, Tarnstrom and LeClair around him.  He's also guaranteed to see 1st unit PP minutes with probably Gonchar, Palffy, Recchi and Gonchar.  :o

yeah~ but is lemieux going to play 82 games this season? is recchi going to think to the others instead of keeping the puck for himself? izzit going to have chemistry within the veterans themselves and crosby?

that's why it's a guess ;) hehe

:clap::clap::hlogo::clap::clap:

Latendresse will not play in Montreal this year. He'll be sent back to Drummondville, and play another year there.

I'd take Crosby to win the Calder. With Lemieux, Recchi, Leclair, and Palffy around him, I can't see how he wouldn't. Apparently he has looked phenominal in camp so far.

Crosby's got to have a disastrous season in order NOT to get Calder Trophy. That's my opinion.

Why? Hell, all this "Crosby Show", "The Next Ones" and that media noise weren't for a guy, who can't even win a top rookie award. My point is, that after a PR disaster (lockout), the NHL desperately needs a new hero. So far, their best "media candy" is Crosby. I think they will try to at least pretend he is the best hockey player ever born ;)

How to do this? If Crosby wins the rookie scoring title, the task is simple. If he does not, they will tell: "He has made the biggest progress." or "He gained maturity"... "He wasn't meant to score goals, he was set to learn from Lemieux".

It's a bit of conspiracy theory, but I like it ;)

Originally posted by bebehabs

IF...

our dearest Latendresse is making the big team and play on the 2nd line... huh? huh??? :D

i'm telling u guys that i'm personally NOT sure that Crosby is going to win the Calder easily (coz i'm not sure that he'll have a nice season haha~)

IF Latendresse is making the team... my pick to win the Calder will be Latendresse~ *dreaming* ;) hehe

:clap::clap::clap::ghg::clap::clap::clap:

crosby already has the trophy just look u hes playing with mario u dont have 2 do much to get points i can see the line being almost like mario and jagr

And what about Perezhogin? With some good linemates to feed him, he could rack up the points.

Can Crosby win the Calder and Ovechkin the Hart? Haha, would be funny.

Is there anyone else here who thinks Crosby will be on the Top 5 leading scorers all year long?

About Latendresse, I would be surprised he spends the year with the big club. I'm sure he would find a way to get his share of points and perform well, but I don't see how he could crack the lineup. Where do you put Perezhogin, Kostitsyn, Plekanec, Hossa..? There's no hurry for Gui. Let him burn the QJHML and the WJC

Originally posted by bebehabs

is recchi going to think to the others instead of keeping the puck for himself?

What the heck are you talking about? Recchi is one of the least selfish players in the league, especially in recent years. He's never been a "me first" kinda guy.

As for Latendress, the only NHL action he MIGHT see is a few games before it's time for juniors to start. I remember the Jackets did this when they first drafted Rusty Klesla. Obviously though, the Jackets weren't as deep as the Habs.

[Edited on 9-22-05 by Fanpuck33]

i don't see Latendresse playing in NHL until juniors. IF he plays in the NHL, even so shortly, his timer begins as to unrestricted free agency. Once you play him in the NHL you might as well keep him around unless he stinks it up.

Not that Kyle and Cory will take that long to develop, but there will be no spot on the big team for them as we keep the cup winners together. No room for Price until then either.