The first cuts aren't the deepest

shortcat1

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon

Originally posted by Dutch_Habs_Fan

I know Price is young, but he should play at the highest level. And if he does a outstanding job in camp he deserves a spot @ hamilton.

Dutch, I don't believe Price can play the season in Hamilton. At his age it's either a pro contract and he stays with the Habs, or else he goes back to the juniors (Tri-City).

Yea, he either can play for the big club or for his junior team - it's the same case as with Fleury and the Pens.

But heck, what's all the talk about Price being already NHL calibre?! This guy has played 30!!! minutes in a pre-season game and now already lots of guys say "wow, he deserves to be with the big club, so mature, etc.". That's nonsene in my eyes, he hasn't proved anything so far, hasn't deserved anything.

Give him time in the juniors, this guy is 18 ... *fg*

Pretty funny anyways - at the draft the majority of the HABS fans laughed because of his selection and now those guys wants to see him in a HABS jersey right away. ;)

Originally posted by ap79

Yeah, but they're career hockey players. Completely different context than the rest of us normal folks. They've had to deal with competition, cuts & movements for (basically) all their lives. Just think of Sidney Crosby. Just 17 yrs old and getting mediatic attention like crazy. You think "OMG, he's just 17!" but then you step back and realize its been like this for him ever since he's like 7 yrs old.

Not saying Milroy & Urqhart & etc dont get dissapointed when sent down, but I think they can (or at least should) be able to handle it with relative ease.

[Edited on 20-9-2005 by ap79]

I am not worried about Milroy yet. He had very little playing time 2 years ago in Hamilton. Realistically he knew he had no chance to make the Canadiens this year. As a RW, he is competing with Kovalev, Ryder, Sunstrom, Koistitsyn, Latendresse and Perezhogin and Ferland. At least he doesn't need to worry about Ward any more ;)

I think the above competition may explain why Locke is still in camp but Milroy is gone.

I don't think Milroy will be very disappointed to have been cut although maybe he would have liked to stick at camp a little longer.

Milroy has a great wrist shot and competes hard. I expect he will have a very good year in Hamilton this year. I think he will eventually make the NHL as a 3rd line player.

[Edited on 2005/9/20 by Peter Puck]

Originally posted by Dutch_Habs_Fan

It was not me saying that, i thought he could mature in Hamilton. But i forgot about the thing with the Prof Contract.

I know Dutchie, just meant it in general as some guys already saw Price as our Nr.1 goalie ... :D

Originally posted by giupietrantonio

Does Anyone know when the next cuts for the habs are going to be and how many players will their roster be cut down to. And, who do you think will be the next players to get cut or is it still to early to decide?

Hmm, maybe after the Leafs game (on thursday) as the Bulldogs training camp will start this friday?

[Edited on 21-9-05 by HABS Fan Nr.1]