Pre-Season Game Thread | Canadiens vs. Maple Leafs | 9/22/05

Spider-Man NL

Originally posted by jeppa

It's just a site where you can upload small files for free and share it with other people. And obviously someone did. It's not my work, I'm just passing it to you :)

but what forum was it on?

HF Boards.

thanks. i'll stick it into my bookmarks. it'll be handy for stuff like that

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by shortcat1

It's just a site where you can upload small files for free and share it with other people. And obviously someone did. It's not my work, I'm just passing it to you :)

but what forum was it on?

HF Boards.

thanks. i'll stick it into my bookmarks. it'll be handy for stuff like that

Just remember. They don't like Caps either. :lol:

:ghg:

Originally posted by les_glorieux

what the heck is up with ribs' helmet?

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/55744458...4D2604A015CF9DF

He's wearing a shield. that's all I can see.

Originally posted by Trizzak

ugh, lost twice! Regular game and the shootout!

That just hurts.

Ahh............ no big deal. all part of the game (literally). it's still fun just to follow.

Aussie, It's been a long time. Good to be back and excited. :)

haha, thanks jeppa, tis good to be back.

not that i was absent, just lurking.

i listen to the game and read the posts, so even if you don't see me, i'm still there. smiling down from above...

...ok, fine, smiling from down under.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

game notes:hossa seems to finally be hacking it, which is good to hear.

Can you seem him replacing Dagenais on the 2nd line or Sundstrom on the 3rd?

Hossa-Ribeiro-Ryder

-or-

Bulis-Bonk-Hossa (the Czech-Slovak Connection)

Originally posted by TheAussiePosse

I like this one better though not for necessarily good reasons. It's just the sound... the 'Czech-Slovak' connection. It has an old order feel to it.

I like this one better though not for necessarily good reasons. It's just the sound... the 'Czech-Slovak' connection. It has an old order feel to it.

i like the sounds of bulis-bonk-hossa and perez-ribs-ryder personally.

LOL. You know us very well!

Will Zhog make it this year?

Dagenais has been solid in the shootout, and with a lot more oddman rushes this year (similar to penalty shootouts), he could well prove useful.

Oh, decisions, decisions...

Will Zhog make it this year?

Dagenais has been solid in the shootout, and with a lot more oddman rushes this year (similar to penalty shootouts), he could well prove useful.

Oh, decisions, decisions...

isn't zhog 2 for 2?

I saw the game in a bar on bld. St-Laurent, I gess I had to, I thought this could have been my only chance to see Locke and Kotsitsyn...excep for Aitken I already had seen the others at the Bell in their first two games.

This game was not in itself, a good show, just like the first one against Atlanta...no flow to the game, no story to tell, to many penaltys, a neccessary purgatory towards purifying the game of its sins.

Overall Leafs where unable to look good on their many pwer play in the first,...yet they put one in on the fourth occasion as half the team where in front of Danis.. By contrast the CH where extremelly competent on the few occasions they had for themselves, thrilling to watch. Mid way up the game, Leafs had more control this time which got more balanced in the third.

The game was not particulary rough,..the fourth lines had virtually no ice time... yet Big Ivanans drop the gloves with wild Perrot...jabbed a left wright on the nose before taking him down to the ice.

Hossa was again my favorite all around althought Ribeiro still excell just like the Atlanta game.

I like Locke, top noth vision and I hope he will make it eventually.

Kotsy as the offensive tools and will be there,..next year max.

Danis was fine and Price looks very good during shoot out and made a couple great saves during the game.

Plecanek made another goal and a pretty good one at that....is second one in two games....both on beautifull passes from Rivet.

Gagenais again was master in is own domain during shoot-out...this time with a killer shot.

Latendresse was a little invisible and misted the goal on his shot during shoot-out,.....so back to skare one, I guess.

I would not be surprised if Julien keep only the serieus prospects from now on...althought I would like to see more of Kotsitsyn and Locke, they might have to leave with some others soon.

Saturday should be alot of fun thought.

I think we'll need to see more of Latendresse, Dagenais, Plekanec & Hossa. Perezhogin & Higgins are pretty much sure things in my books.

4 guys for 2 spots left, and that's if we dont keep Vandermeer.

Latendresse can easily be sent back to juniors. That makes 3 left.

Plekanec said he didnt want to go back in the AHL and plays like it. 2 goals in 2 games, does good work on special units. I'd keep him up.

We're down to Dagenais & Hossa. Two big guys who had tons of chances to get a regular spot in the NHL and have yet to settle. Who do you keep?

Right now I'd say Hossa has the edge over Dagenais. Hossa's playing more like a powerforward so far in pre-season, coming out of battles with the puck, creating chances with his size & skills. You never know, he could turn into another Bonk-type of 2-way player.

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev

Perezhogin - Ribeiro - Ryder

Bulis - Bonk - Hossa

Higgins - Begin - Sundstrom

Plekanec

Alternate Higgins, Perezhogin, Hossa & Plekanec on a regular basis, depending on chemistry & performances. Have a sane competition amongst themselves and keep vets alerts. If a vet slows down, throw the 4th kid in his place.

Originally posted by CoRvInA

Between Ivanans & Perrott... or just how did Raitis do?:wall:

CORV

Raitis took Nathan down but, keep in mind that Ivanans had a huge height-size advantage on Perrot. Something along the same lines as Vandermeer vs whats-his-name from Tampa Bay.

Originally posted by ap79

We're down to Dagenais & Hossa. Two big guys who had tons of chances to get a regular spot in the NHL and have yet to settle. Who do you keep?

Right now I'd say Hossa has the edge over Dagenais. Hossa's playing more like a powerforward so far in pre-season, coming out of battles with the puck, creating chances with his size & skills. You never know, he could turn into another Bonk-type of 2-way player.

I think that, in this scenario, Hossa will be kept because he has a potentially bigger upside. His total skill package seems to be greater than Dagenais's. The only concern, obviously, as Julien has stated it, is consistency.

I think also that, for the Canadiens, the risk/cost is much

greater by sending Hossa down as compared to sending Dagenais down. Hossa is WAY more likely to be taken by another team than Dagenais for the same reasons. Also, if Dagenais is lost, the 'loss' will be more than easily replaced by the up-and-comers if Hossa falls back into his old habits.

Bottom line, we'll see.

Originally posted by ap79

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev

Perezhogin - Ribeiro - Ryder

Bulis - Bonk - Hossa

Higgins - Begin - Sundstrom

Plekanec

Alternate Higgins, Perezhogin, Hossa & Plekanec on a regular basis, depending on chemistry & performances. Have a sane competition amongst themselves and keep vets alerts. If a vet slows down, throw the 4th kid in his place.

:clap:

ap79, I could not agree more with what you wrote. I love the lines and alternating analogy.

Is it just me or did the defenceman on Montreal look weak last night. Poor Danis and Price had no chance on any of the goals as there was always multiple LEAVES in the crease area and one 2-on1 break. I thought the coaching stunk last night too as the line changes were way too long and the Toronto Maple Referees were out in full force on the ice last night.

Hope Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev line plays this weekend!

only problem: vandermeer

Time for him, and Aitken to back their bags for Hamilton. I was not impressed with some of the penalty's Aitken took.

Leaf fans can wet their pants all they want, but the Habs were without their #1 goalie, 3 of their top 4 dmen and 5 of their 6 top forwards. Put those guys in and the Leafs would have had their asses kicked.

Time to make some cuts and start giving the vets some more icetime.

There are a couple of arsehole leaf fans at work (where I am now) and they are relentlessly beating on me about last night's game. Makes me want to puke :puke:

Considering our line up I think the Habs did pretty good. I hope CJ dresses some stars for Saturday's leaf/Habs game. I want to see an embarrasing score!

:ghg:

Originally posted by Prime Minister Koivu

There are a couple of arsehole leaf fans at work (where I am now) and they are relentlessly beating on me about last night's game. Makes me want to puke :puke:

Considering our line up I think the Habs did pretty good. I hope CJ dresses some stars for Saturday's leaf/Habs game. I want to see an embarrasing score!

Mr. Prime Minister Koivu,

Leaf fans are all over me too, brothers, freinds, x-girlfriend... grrr... I have one word to say to them that drives them and Toronto Radio personalities absolutely nuts.

1967!

How can any fan of a team criticize another when they have not even got out of their conference since 1967? When they speak to me all I say is 1967. When they press I say 1967. When they get all giddy from a Leaf win I say 1967.

Oh how I love being a :hlogo: fan, winner of 24 Stanley Cups. Have to go now, some Leaf fans around here need to be reminded of Canada's real hockey team.