Max Domi watch

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I disagree , before he got injured Drouin 2.0 was applying himself on back checking . He was much better.

Armia is good too

Do not count on Drouin. 

Word to the wise.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Do not count on Drouin. 

Word to the wise.

I do count on him, he _has_ to take Tatar’s spot as out 1st line LW at some point or the Habs are in trouble . There is little scoring from the wings on this team 

41 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I do count on him, he _has_ to take Tatar’s spot as out 1st line LW at some point or the Habs are in trouble . There is little scoring from the wings on this team 

It could happen, but I see him as the latest in a long line of talented forwards who have great tools and lack the toolbox. Don't get me wrong, he's a legit top-6 FW. But he is better positioned as a supplementary rather than a core piece. Any team counting on him to be the "straw that stirs the drink" is going to be disappointed, because sooner or later he will evaporate, get hurt, go into a long slump, etc., etc., etc.. Guys like him - soft skill guys who floated through junior on talent and entitlement - usually let you down in the end.

It could happen, but I see him as the latest in a long line of talented forwards who have great tools and lack the toolbox. Don't get me wrong, he's a legit top-6 FW. But he is better positioned as a supplementary rather than a core piece. Any team counting on him to be the "straw that stirs the drink" is going to be disappointed, because sooner or later he will evaporate, get hurt, go into a long slump, etc., etc., etc.. Guys like him - soft skill guys who floated through junior on talent and entitlement - usually let you down in the end.

I think the CH is working really hard on molding Drouin into shape. He seems to be responding better than Galchenyuk, the Kostitsins and Beaulieu

I am hopeful, but not blindly hopeful 

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I think the CH is working really hard on molding Drouin into shape. He seems to be responding better than Galchenyuk, the Kostitsins and Beaulieu

I am hopeful, but not blindly hopeful 

Fair enough. I encourage a realistic rather than a rose-coloured view of Drouin, but I'm not going to come out and say that he definitely will never become a core-type player. It could still happen. I just think the odds are against it.

Fair enough. I encourage a realistic rather than a rose-coloured view of Drouin, but I'm not going to come out and say that he definitely will never become a core-type player. It could still happen. I just think the odds are against it.

Realistic, 14pts in 17games in last playoffs with TB. And he looked good in those playoffs...but yes he does seem to pout (for lack of better word) at times, which is too much Me Me Me and not enough looking at bigger picture.

I would agree if we were a year ago (2019). At the end of that season it was clear Drouin was "pouting" and underperforming.

On his exit interviews he acknowledge he was not good enough

During the summer he worked a lot using video with his old coach.

He did not that great during training camp, expectatuions where high

But from the start of the season until he got hurt, he was delivering. His played was much better

===

that is why I am hopeful: despite the extra scrutiny of being a local french speaking player, he didn't crumble under the pressure but actually showed improvement. To me, that was very positive

Keep in mind, Domi may not play subject full medical review and weighing in on the risks. 

He is in a higher risk group. ( Type 1 diabetes). 

Bergevin has also confirmed that Max wouldn't be put at risk. 

End of day, will be Max, his family decision.