Price, Chipchura, Michaud, Lambert, Benoit, and Aitken cut

les_glorieux

i'm suprised that kostitsyn is still in montreal...is he ever going to play in preseason ??

I tougth he would have played last saturday...I was disaopointed not to see him in the lineup

Originally posted by marky_and_komi

i'm suprised that kostitsyn is still in montreal...is he ever going to play in preseason ??

I tougth he would have played last saturday...I was disaopointed not to see him in the lineup

I thought he played against the Leafs in the 4-3 loss?

Originally posted by marky_and_komi

I'm sure I saw him play in the Toronto game. Could be wrong, though.

I also would have liked to have seen Price stay til the end of camp and take part in another game, but I understand the need for playing Theo and Danis as often as posible.

Thought there would have been more cuts today. Guess that will wait until after tomorrow's game.

I'm not surprised by any of those cuts.

Price: Did well in pre-season. Played up to his draft rank and that's encouraging, but he had to be exceptionnaly spectacular to leap over Danis and that wouldn't happen. He needs to gets loads of starts and that wasn't going to happen in Montreal as Theo's backup. This was written in the sky.

Chipchura: Had a somewhat uneventful camp. Didnt really stood out, didn't really stunk up. He doesnt look ready and needs to play more hockey because of all that time he missed last season.

Lambert & Benoit: stayed longer than expected because they played well. That's encouraging, but they're not NHL material yet. They should have a good season in the AHL if they build on their camp success.

Aitken: was probably kept this long to evaluate what he could do in the NHL. For a guy that played many games in the NHL a couple of years ago, it's somewhat dissapointing to see him cut this early. Should bolster the Bulldogs and that's all.

Michaud: Nothing much to say about him. Probably only sticked this long to work with Melanson and that's about it. Will fight Halak for a job in Hamilton.

Did Michaud even get into a game?

I considered him a dark horse for the backup job. Give him a few games till Huet gets back, then depending on if he does an average or a horrible job, send him down to the AHL or ECHL or trade him.

Chipchura had a great game against Atlanta but he never really had a shot at making the team this year.

We were supposed to expect 4 more. I guess Cote and Ferland are getting a closer look.

All these guys were fully expected to be cut.... it won't be long before Corey Locke, Andrei Kostitsyn, Andrew Archer, Jonathan Ferland, Mark Streit, and unless he scored 3 or 4 goals in the home and home against Boston Guillaume Latendresse.

I expect Hainsey, Higgins, Plekanac, Hossa and Perezhogin to make the team.

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

He was cut a few days ago. Didn't make much news.

Yes, there was an article on it on RDS.ca.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/188407.html

Originally posted by kaos

I expect Hainsey, Higgins, Plekanac, Hossa and Perezhogin to make the team.

Interestingly, RDS TV speculates that Perezhogin risks being part of the next cut. No real reason was given, his name was just one of a list of possible cuts in the not too distant future.

I am surprised to see Ferland still around. I guess they want to encourage him.

I think the reason Perezhogin may be cut is that he can be sent back to Hamilton without risking losing him on waivers. This gives Gainey some time to make a trade. If he does get cut, I expect to see Perezhogin with the Habs after a trade within the first month (or after an injury).

I think Kaos's predictions are accurate: remember that Ryder is still nursing a sore ankle. With our depth there is no reason to rush him into service.