2020 Playoffs - Projected Habs lineup

revvvrob

Some good news ...

Players did a great job staying in shape ... fitness plan had to be updates as players were in better shape than expected. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Alzner has now opted out, so the number of options for D depth is slightly smaller.

Good news for some other d-man...and doubt he will be missed (hate kicking him when he is down, but screw it he makes millions every year, he will be OK)

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/latest-news/2020/7/12/21321738/max-domi-will-wait-7-10-days-before-joining-the-canadiens-for-training-camp-return-to-play-penguins

6 minutes ago, DON said:

Good news for some other d-man...and doubt he will be missed (hate kicking him when he is down, but screw it he makes millions every year, he will be OK)

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/latest-news/2020/7/12/21321738/max-domi-will-wait-7-10-days-before-joining-the-canadiens-for-training-camp-return-to-play-penguins

Agreed, he won't be missed ... and even he he would have been the 7/8/9/10th best option I prefer the spot go to a younger player

But while I don't see him as a useful NHL defenceman (unless someone else wants to take him off the Habs hands without costing the Habs much, that is) I do respect how well he has handled being in Laval ... he could have been a jerk but by all accounts he has been great.

6 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

.. he could have been a jerk but by all accounts he has been great.

But if he was, he would likely have zero chance of ever playing in NHL again, still hope he can traded for part salary is how he saw it maybe.

Really sucks for Domi, who, I'm sure, is desperate to get some playoff experience and seems like the type who would thrive in post-season action. But I hope he does the smart thing and stays away. Even with him in the lineup, the team is highly unlikely to play more than five games anyhow. It's foolish to risk your health for a first-round exit.

Journal de Montreal reporting that Domi and habs have reached an agreement to take 7-10 days to carefully evaluate whether or not it is best for him to join team ... my guess is that team medical staff will consult with Max's doctor(s) and other experts ... even if Domi is at no greater risk of contracting Covid-19 than other players, even if Habs are willing to have him play they want to present Domi with detailed information on the risks for him, as a result of his diabetes, were he to contract the disease ... IMO the complications if infected rather than the risk of contracting it is the greatest issue for we diabetics. 

UPDATE: Apparently the JoM report was based on a tweet from the Habs

https://twitter.com/CanadiensMTL/status/1282329370984685569

image.png

On 5/27/2020 at 8:23 PM, alfredoh2009 said:

Tatar Danault Gallagher

Drouin Domi Armia

Lehkonen Suzuki Byron

Evans Weal Weise

(Poehling, Hudon, Belzile)

Chairot Weber

Kulak Petry

Mete Juulsen

(Alzner, Folin, Fleury, Ouellet)

Price/Primeau

(Kincaid)

Based on the new situation with Domi and Kotkaniemi’s return. I would like to tweak my projected lineup:

Y atar Danault Gallagher

Drouin Suzuki  Armia

Lehkonen Kotkaniemi Byron

Evans Weal Poehling

(Dauphin, Hudon, Belzile)

Chairot Weber

Kulak Petry

Mete Juulsen

(Folin, Fleury, Ouellet)

Price/Primeau

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Really sucks for Domi, who, I'm sure, is desperate to get some playoff experience and seems like the type who would thrive in post-season action. But I hope he does the smart thing and stays away. Even with him in the lineup, the team is highly unlikely to play more than five games anyhow. It's foolish to risk your health for a first-round exit.

Looks like tie Domi’s kid is smarter than I would have thought possible.  I like the approach.  See if there are any positive test cases and than stay away if there are.

smartest thing to do is call it a year.  Having said that,I think players in his condition, should get additional option to pull out if there are any positive cases when in the bubble.

22 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Based on the new situation with Domi and Kotkaniemi’s return. I would like to tweak my projected lineup:

Tatar Danault Gallagher

Drouin Suzuki  Armia

Lehkonen Kotkaniemi Byron

Evans Weal Poehling

(Dauphin, Hudon, Belzile)

Chairot Weber

Kulak Petry

Mete Juulsen

(Folin, Fleury, Ouellet)

Price/Primeau

I do like that second line. Suzuki and Armia have defensive capabilities to take on the Malkin line, and the trio should be a scoring threat as well.

13 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

I do like that second line. Suzuki and Armia have defensive capabilities to take on the Malkin line, and the trio should be a scoring threat as well.

And Domi could come in on the middle six if he plays and “earns the spot” 

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

It looks like the Habs are the prime time game for August 1, 3, and 5 with 8 PM EST starts scheduled for each.

Would you know if games will be shown out west?

8 minutes ago, DON said:

Would you know if games will be shown out west?

They're still deciding on whether these games will be regional (to fulfill local rights inventory requirements) or national.  If regional, it'll be RDS/TSN2 like usual during the season in which case I'm guessing the Centre Ice package will be needed.  If CBC/Sportsnet/City has them, they'll be available country-wide. 

2 hours ago, tomh009 said:

But how does this work for Domi? I thought the players had to declare their intent by tomorrow at the latest?

I figured that one out ... Domi is not using the ability to opt out, in his case it's the medical clause in the new CBA:

Players who, after consultation with Club doctor who conducted PPME, and the Club’s infectious disease expert, are determined to be at substantial risk of developing a serious illness as a result of exposure to the novel coronavirus shall be deemed to be unfit to play and shall not be permitted to participate in either Phase 3 or Phase 4. A player may initiate a second opinion concerning his fitness to play status pursuant to Paragraph 5 of the Standard Player Contract.

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

How many players are they allowed?

Tatar Danault Gallagher

Drouin Suzuki  Byron

Lehkonen Kotkaniemi Armia

Hudon Weal Evans

(Dauphin, Poehling, Weise)

Chairot Weber

Kulak Petry

Mete Juulsen

(Folin, Fleury, Ouellet)

Price/Primeau

(Lindgren, McNivan (unlimited goalies isnt it?)

2 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Or a zeroth-round exit!

But how does this work for Domi? I thought the players had to declare their intent by tomorrow at the latest?

Domi is a medical case.  He wants to play but NHL doctors havent cleared him so they are taking more time to examine it 

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I’m sure he’s not considering coming back for a first round exit. In that, it’s not the way he is thinking. Quite frankly, while I was the most cautious person I know while I had to stay home from work March through June, if he does decide to return and play, it won’t be “foolish” at all. For whatever reason. 

2 hours ago, DON said:

Tatar Danault Gallagher

Drouin Suzuki  Byron

Lehkonen Kotkaniemi Armia

Hudon Weal Evans

(Dauphin, Poehling, Weise)

I don't think that second line has enough D capability. Putting Armia on there makes a lot more sense,.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

I don't think that second line has enough D capability. Putting Armia on there makes a lot more sense,.

Inagree and its small to contend with Malkin

Tatar Danault Gally

Lehkonen Suzuki Armia

Drouin- (domi or kk) - byron

Hudon* - (evans or kk) - weal

* if domi plays... hudon sits and evans plays LW for evans - kk - weal on the fourth.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Tatar Danault Gally

Lehkonen Suzuki Armia

* if domi plays... hudon sits and evans plays LW for evans - kk - weal on the fourth.

Lehkonen cannot score, I still prefer to see Drouin on the 2nd line in  case he plays like he did with Tampa.

I Domi plays, KK/Domi share LW/Center duties and Byron covers them. That will push Lehks to teh fourth line with would make it a very goos fourth line that can roll

5 hours ago, Commandant said:

Tatar Danault Gally

Lehkonen Suzuki Armia

Agree on Poehling i guess.