2020 Playoffs - Projected Habs lineup

revvvrob

Is this a real option?

"News of this outbreak has not come from official sources; the NHL has taken over all reporting of positive cases, and doesn’t list them by team. It seems someone involved in the process has circumvented the reporting protocol to share the news.

How this affects the team, and perhaps even the whole of the NHL Playoffs going forward, is yet to be seen. As the 24th seed, the league may decide to simply eliminate Montreal from contention (or the Hab could step aside themselves), and hand the qualifier to the Pittsburgh Penguins, who were the top team in the qualification round.

No such decisions have been made at this point, but we can expect to hear much more on the situation before tomorrow’s roster announcement deadline."

1 hour ago, DON said:

Is this a real option?

"News of this outbreak has not come from official sources; the NHL has taken over all reporting of positive cases, and doesn’t list them by team. It seems someone involved in the process has circumvented the reporting protocol to share the news.

How this affects the team, and perhaps even the whole of the NHL Playoffs going forward, is yet to be seen. As the 24th seed, the league may decide to simply eliminate Montreal from contention (or the Hab could step aside themselves), and hand the qualifier to the Pittsburgh Penguins, who were the top team in the qualification round.

No such decisions have been made at this point, but we can expect to hear much more on the situation before tomorrow’s roster announcement deadline."

Think this is speculation at this point ... there is time for any infected players to quarantine and rejoin the team just before play begins ... and this is part of the reason that they went with the 30 players and unlimited goaltenders roster ... allows for a few players to be pulled out and still be able to field a team ... doubt very much the CDN broadcasters would support dropping Montreal ... one of the major reasons they went to 24 teams was to get the Habs and Chicago into the mix for their TV markets ... they could have gone 20 or 22.

10 hours ago, DON said:

Is this a real option?

The Habs have 3 players who tested positive. 

The Pens we don't know how many tested positive, but they have 9 players in quarantine for being exposed to someone who tested positive. 

Umm... I don't think this series is being cancelled in Pittsburgh's favour.

22 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Lehkonen cannot score, I still prefer to see Drouin on the 2nd line in  case he plays like he did with Tampa.

I Domi plays, KK/Domi share LW/Center duties and Byron covers them. That will push Lehks to teh fourth line with would make it a very goos fourth line that can roll

I want Drouin to dominate against the Pens third line, rather than having to play defence against Malkin.

Lehkonen was also really, really good in our series against the Rangers.

18 hours ago, DON said:

Agree on Poehling i guess.

Yeah, not ready. 

18 hours ago, DON said:

He can practice but not play

35 minutes ago, Commandant said:

... The Habs have 3 players who tested positive ...

Good news ... The Athletic reporting that 2 of the players' tests were false positives

48 minutes ago, Commandant said:

The three players who didn't practice today were Ouellette, Brook, and Kulak.

So, down to 8 d-men already.

3 minutes ago, DON said:

So, down to 8 d-men already.

Per to The Athletic updated story (above), two of them will be back shortly as they were false positives

3 hours ago, DON said:

Good news ... fingers crossed that he gets back on track and takes a step up from what he showed his first four months in the league (he "hit the wall" the last 24 games of his first season) ... habs need him to become a legit top 6 centre in the next couple of seasons

I thought someone said they weren't real pleased with his conditioning last fall. So, maybe part reason why Julien took notice and commented?:spamafote:

He did a lot of work building up muscle last summer, but that bulking up likely had a detrimental effect on his skating. It seems that he has focused on skating as he's recovered from his spleen injury -- hopefully his skating is now back to his rookie season level, or better.

4 hours ago, tomh009 said:

He did a lot of work building up muscle last summer, but that bulking up likely had a detrimental effect on his skating. It seems that he has focused on skating as he's recovered from his spleen injury -- hopefully his skating is now back to his rookie season level, or better.

A classic problem for young players: bulk up to "get stronger," but struggle adjusting to the new frame and the concomitant loss of speed.

FORWARDS

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher 
Drouin - Suzuki - Armia 
Byron - Kotkaniemi - Lehkonen 
Weise - Weal - Evans 
Hudon - Poehling - Dauphin/Belzile

DEFENSEMEN

Chiarot - Weber
Mete - Petry
Olofsson/Brook/Juulsen - Folin/Fleury

All four goaltenders, Carey Price, Michael McNiven, Charlie Lindren, and Cayden Primeau, took part in practice.

NHL.com; practice lines today.

34 minutes ago, DON said:

FORWARDS

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher 
Drouin - Suzuki - Armia 
Byron - Kotkaniemi - Lehkonen 
Weise - Weal - Evans 
Hudon - Poehling - Dauphin/Belzile

DEFENSEMEN

Chiarot - Weber
Mete - Petry
Olofsson/Brook/Juulsen - Folin/Fleury

All four goaltenders, Carey Price, Michael McNiven, Charlie Lindren, and Cayden Primeau, took part in practice.

NHL.com; practice lines today.

I'm not one to worry about line configurations, but I would like to see Poehling in the lineup. We have an unexpected and valuable opportunity to get our young players some important playoff experience here, and should take maximum advantage.

7 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I'm not one to worry about line configurations, but I would like to see Poehling in the lineup. We have an unexpected and valuable opportunity to get our young players some important playoff experience here, and should take maximum advantage.

Yeah.  It's not like  Poehling will cost you the series if he plays instead of Weise or Weal.

4 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

Yeah.  It's not like  Poehling will cost you the series if he plays instead of Weise or Weal.

I see zero value in playing Weise in particular.  This is not a year we are going to win anything, but is an opportunity to give some our kids meaningful games for experience and evaluation purposes.

12 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

We have an unexpected and valuable opportunity to get our young players some important playoff experience here, and should take maximum advantage.

Think similar, play the kids and let chips fall where they may, but doubt Julien and most NHL coaches see it the same.

3 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I see zero value in playing Weise in particular.  This is not a year we are going to win anything, but is an opportunity to give some our kids meaningful games for experience and evaluation purposes.

They are playing to win and Weise was OK at end of year. Long term obviously not in the plans but irrelevant for this series.

Weal is a mini-Gallagher. Underrated.

My lineup for the win.

Drouin-Domi-Gallagher 

Tatar-Suzuki-Byron 

Lehkonen-Danault-Armia

Hudon-KK-Weal

Chariot-Weber

Mete-Petry

Kulak-Fleury 

11 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

My lineup for the win.

Drouin-Domi-Gallagher 

Tatar-Suzuki-Byron 

Lehkonen-Danault-Armia

Hudon-KK-Weal

Chariot-Weber

Mete-Petry

Kulak-Fleury 

The schtroumpf lines are back !

https://tenor.com/HvtD.gif

7 hours ago, DON said:

They are playing to win and Weise was OK at end of year. Long term obviously not in the plans but irrelevant for this series.

If by some miracle we win, it’s because a Price stands on his head and some of the kids surprise.  It won’t be that daily friggin Weise lives up to his Dutch Gretzky nickname. Being OK on a team going nowhere is hardly a reason to play him.