2020 Playoffs - Projected Habs lineup

revvvrob

Domi-Evans-Belzile is an interesting one.  Evans and Belzile played together a lot in Laval so there's some chemistry there.  Having two centres on the line allows for a bit of faceoff flexibility as well and would see Domi at least playing some shifts down the middle still.   

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Domi-Evans-Belzile is an interesting one.  Evans and Belzile played together a lot in Laval so there's some chemistry there.  Having two centres on the line allows for a bit of faceoff flexibility as well and would see Domi at least playing some shifts down the middle still.   

If Domi moves to the wing, wouldn’t it be to play top 9?

15 hours ago, Commandant said:

Lehkonen brings soooooo much defensively, they will want him against one of the Lightning/Philly top lines. 

Don't disagree ... but then Domi stays at 4C ... Drouin and tartar aren't moving to the 4th line

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Agreed ... on the 4th line Max plays centre ... although they could assign Evans the defensive responsibilities to free up Domi to push some offence

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

You could list it as Belzile-Domi-Evans as well if that's preferable.  Technically, Belzile played LW last game and Evans does have a bit of RW experience in Laval.  It was more the combo proposed on the previous page that caught my attention as an intriguing one that might have a bit of offensive upside while not being defensively deficient.

4 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Don't disagree ... but then Domi stays at 4C ... Drouin and tartar aren't moving to the 4th line

Drouin better get it going then.  At least TAtar is decent defensively.  Drouin isnt.  And if he isnt scoring, then moving him to fourth line RW and having Evans or Weal play centre isnt out of the question imo.

Drouin would be the first player to lose a top 9 spot in my opinion... I dont think I'd move him quite yet though because He would go sour I think and take it negatively. I dont see why we would want to change the KK line just yet either.

I'd rather look to create another quality line on the 4th with Domi playing the offensive scorer. I really think the only answer to that is if Poehling  can harness some potential on the coat-tails of the other 2 kids. He really should get the next tap on the shoulder especially with Evans injured. Weise HAS TO come out if we want that 4th line to take any step forward. 

Domi Poehling Belzile for game 1 is what I want to see. Domi to me is a winger

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Drouin better get it going then.  At least TAtar is decent defensively.  Drouin isnt.  And if he isnt scoring, then moving him to fourth line RW and having Evans or Weal play centre isnt out of the question imo.

If we end up playing TB and he CANT bring it...

Well lets just say the writing will be on the wall

4 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Drouin would be the first player to lose a top 9 spot in my opinion... I dont think I'd move him quite yet though because He would go sour I think and take it negatively. I dont see why we would want to change the KK line just yet either.

I'd rather look to create another quality line on the 4th with Domi playing the offensive scorer. I really think the only answer to that is if Poehling  can harness some potential on the coat-tails of the other 2 kids. He really should get the next tap on the shoulder especially with Evans injured. Weise HAS TO come out if we want that 4th line to take any step forward. 

Domi Poehling Belzile for game 1 is what I want to see. Domi to me is a winger

Id like to see that line, or Evans in Belzile’s spot if he is ready. Don’t want to see Weisse ever again - but probably will.

31 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

I think we match up better vs TB then Philly.

Stamkos isnt 100%

Hedman just went down with a possible ankle I injury

Flyers look good

On a side note, Sergachev looks big and fast.

I was thinking the opposite. I don’t think the Ha s small players will do well agains TB’s big defensemen 

Phily looks great, but we can match them 

2 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

... Domi Poehling Belzile for game 1 is what I want to see. Domi to me is a winger

Like the idea of seeing what Poehling can contribute ... also agree Max is a winger in the longer term ... just don't see Domi moving to wing on the 4th line ... 

What I can't comment on is whether Poehling has shown enough in the "training camp" and practices to warrant the chance over Weal or belzile

Belzile is already in the lineup with Domi. I want Poehling inserted over Weise. I also want him to play in the middle. Let's see what he can do against the guy as a veteran took his position in Nate Thompson...

Evan's is out

21 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Belzile is already in the lineup with Domi. I want Poehling inserted over Weise. I also want him to play in the middle. Let's see what he can do against the guy as a veteran took his position in Nate Thompson...

Evan's is out

I'm not a Weise advocate, so to me it looks like Weal versus Poehling choice to join Domi and Belzile ... would love to have a perspective from someone who has seen the TC and practices to see it Poehling has shown anything to merit dressing.

Tatar SUZUKI* Gally

Drouin KK* Armia

Byron Danault Lehkonan (koenency line)

DoMI* POEHLING* Belzile

Evans (inj)

Weal

Chairot Weber

Kulak Petry

METE* FLEURY*

Price

That's my line up if CJ doesnt decide  to switch back because of not having last change. Without the star power at C like Pitt... I can see him sticking to the evolved top 9 line changes

Mete is almost making the argument for replacing him in the lineup ... physical and tough is not exactly his raison d'être

On 8/8/2020 at 8:21 PM, GHT120 said:

I'm not a Weise advocate, so to me it looks like Weal versus Poehling choice to join Domi and Belzile ... would love to have a perspective from someone who has seen the TC and practices to see it Poehling has shown anything to merit dressing.

Poehling is intriguing to maybe insert into lineup, but those who have seen him in practice must think he isnt best choice. Too inexperienced yet? and watching a few playoffs games wont hurt him any.

21 minutes ago, DON said:

Poehling is intriguing to maybe insert into lineup, but those who have seen him in practice must think he isnt best choice. Too inexperienced yet? and watching a few playoffs games wont hurt him any.

Put him in... Let's see what he's got! 

3 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Put him in... Let's see what he's got! 

What fans typically say or want isnt it.

But coaches, who have a bit more inside info on the player, dont always agree with fans.

For the playoffs i dont think they are too concerned with player development and are focused on simply winning the next game.

But Poehling in for Weise would be fine by me.

3 hours ago, DON said:

But coaches, who have a bit more inside info on the player, dont always agree with fans.

For the playoffs i dont think they are too concerned with player development and are focused on simply winning the next game.

What is the inside info that Julien has on Weise🤔 let’s see,, weise is a guy who won’t take a dumb penalty at a bad time?  Nope that can’t be it.  He may pull a John Druce?  Doubt it.  He’ll ALWAYS do the chip/dump in - maybe even if has a breakaway, so he knows he won’t give it away?  Yep.  That’s probably it.  

On the other hand, the inside info he ignores about Weise?  He will suck whatever chance of offence his line has, because he has zero offensive ability. 

5 hours ago, DON said:

Spare me the bullsh*t  Don... Put him in... Let's see what he's got... Wiese doesn't want it enough!

2 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

What is the inside info that Julien has on Weise🤔 let’s see,, weise is a guy who won’t take a dumb penalty at a bad time?  Nope that can’t be it.  He may pull a John Druce?  Doubt it.  He’ll ALWAYS do the chip/dump in - maybe even if has a breakaway, so he knows he won’t give it away?  Yep.  That’s probably it.  

On the other hand, the inside info he ignores about Weise?  He will suck whatever chance of offence his line has, because he has zero offensive ability. 

he doesn't turn it over but, he does give it away! 

1 hour ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Wiese doesn't want it enough!

Yup., am sure Weise is just coasting into retirement and not looking to play pro hockey next year. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, DON said:

Yup., am sure Weise is just coasting into retirement and not looking to play pro hockey next year. :rolleyes:

when you get the puck and you immediately pass it to the nearest player no matter the time or space you have or dump it in or chip it out and then go skating... ya you don't want it enough...

I've come to the realization that he will be there game 1. All we can hope for is that he is able to rise to the occasion and give it to the flyers who kicked him to the curb.