Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
revvvrob

2020 Playoffs - Projected Habs lineup

Recommended Posts

Well, with 3 months off will we see a better team?

Ended off with just 3g in 3 losses, scored  by Evans, Vedjemo and Lehkonen, who arnt a Crosby or Malkin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are odds Juulsen is in starting lineup six weeks from now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vegas will host bunch of teams for playoffs.

Who will be other one? NYC? Florida?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Domi a confirmed scratch? He'll be a big absence, if so. The Habs need all hands on deck if they're to have a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Is Domi a confirmed scratch? He'll be a big absence, if so. The Habs need all hands on deck if they're to have a chance.

 

nothing is confirmed.  Its all been, we'll do what the doctors tell us. 

 

I personally think he'll play.   He has one strike against him, obviously... but he's also young, in tremendous shape (compared to the average person), his blood sugar has been well controlled for a long time. So while he has one risk factor, everything else seems to lower that 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the 19 yr old kid has spent lots of spleen rehab time in the gym.

JKot.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone else been wondering why Montreal was not considered for an NHL hub?

 

I know the caseload has been high but TO also got hit hard. It’s got the coveted eastern time zone and a dedicated practice facility. Tons of hotels and restaurants that can be rented out. 
 

Doesn’t entirely add up to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, zumpano21 said:

Has anyone else been wondering why Montreal was not considered for an NHL hub?

 

I know the caseload has been high but TO also got hit hard. It’s got the coveted eastern time zone and a dedicated practice facility. Tons of hotels and restaurants that can be rented out. 
 

Doesn’t entirely add up to me.

 

Expect it reflects the CITY not being keen on the idea ... I believe that other cities submitted "bids" or at least expressed interest and "sold" their city as a site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, zumpano21 said:

Has anyone else been wondering why Montreal was not considered for an NHL hub?

No, not really.

I am surprised Hogtown is even considered to be one, but is big moneymaking franchise for NHL.

2 worst provinces for Covid 

Matthews has it now, they say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DON said:

No, not really.

I am surprised Hogtown is even considered to be one, but is big moneymaking franchise for NHL.

2 worst provinces for Covid 

Matthews has it now, they say.

 

He was probably clubbing in AZ.  Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, zumpano21 said:

Has anyone else been wondering why Montreal was not considered for an NHL hub?

 

I know the caseload has been high but TO also got hit hard. It’s got the coveted eastern time zone and a dedicated practice facility. Tons of hotels and restaurants that can be rented out. 
 

Doesn’t entirely add up to me.

 

The cities are bidding on it.  If the city/province isnt putting forward bids to the NHL, the NHL isnt going to consider them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, DON said:

No, not really.

I am surprised Hogtown is even considered to be one, but is big moneymaking franchise for NHL.

2 worst provinces for Covid 

Matthews has it now, they say.

 

ON and QC are indeed the two worst provinces for COVID-19. But compared to most US states, they are super safe. Nevada is currently seeing around 10% of their COVID-19 tests come back positive, Ontario is below 1%. (The amount of testing is roughly comparable.)

 

But I don't think either provincial government -- or the feds, for that matter -- is keen on hosting this and experiencing another outbreak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

 

ON and QC are indeed the two worst provinces for COVID-19. But compared to most US states, they are super safe. Nevada is currently seeing around 10% of their COVID-19 tests come back positive, Ontario is below 1%. (The amount of testing is roughly comparable.)

 

But I don't think either provincial government -- or the feds, for that matter -- is keen on hosting this and experiencing another outbreak.

Alberta has been very aggressive and Jason Kenny was pushing the federal government hard on the “group” quarantine (or whatever they were calling it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to the line-up ... there seems to be some talk of Jesse Ylonen joining Evans and Lehkonen on the 4th line ... Poehling might have a shot at elbowing his way in ... I like the logic of the "surprise" factor of the Scottsdale Speedster ... even though I am seriously hoping for an embarrassing Pens sweep ... anything to further destabilize MB's position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw that in Engels' mailbag but it's not doable.  His contract doesn't start until 2020-21 so he technically isn't signed at the moment therefore he can't play.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could he sign another contract to cover the rest of 2019?

This is really idle speculation, but what else is there to talk about? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Could he sign another contract to cover the rest of 2019?

This is really idle speculation, but what else is there to talk about? :)

 

No.  As his 2020-21 contract is his Entry Level Deal.  At his age, his first contract has to be the three-year ELC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does Price REALLY want to play this summer?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Price doesn't wind up playing, then you can basically scrap our X-Factor article on the main site and replace it with 'Cayden Primeau'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont blame him for having questions... but hes a competitor.  When push comes to shove, i would be shocked if he sits it out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, why even do this in an NHL rink? They could do this somewhere like St John's NFLD with no cases. Not like there is any attendance to worry about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2020 at 3:36 PM, dlbalr said:

If Price doesn't wind up playing, then you can basically scrap our X-Factor article on the main site and replace it with 'Cayden Primeau'.

Given the post-lottery reality ... if Price doesn't play (I expect he will play) the Habs should give Keith Kinkaid a chance to redeem himself going into free agency (LOL)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, johnnyhasbeen said:

Honestly, why even do this in an NHL rink? They could do this somewhere like St John's NFLD with no cases. Not like there is any attendance to worry about.

I’d imagine you’d want the players to have the best facility available for something like the Stanley Cup playoffs. Whether it be for training, medical needs, anything you can think of. 
 

I’ve consistently rolled my eyes whenever people bring up the asterix that will accompany the Stanley Cup winner because while I understand we have a unique circumstance, the winner will have been deserving. What? When Boston wins, Washington or St. Louis repeat, or Colorado finally breaks through, there will still really be an asterix? Or does it only apply when a team like Montreal or Chicago win? Only then, there will be an asterix.

 

😂

 

Regardless, despite my rant, the point is that if they were to play in places like Alaska, North West Territories, or St. John’s, Newfoundland, there truly would be an asterix associated with the cup.

 

I’d imagine that the league would want this to look as legitimate and professional as is possible without crowds. 
 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I’d imagine you’d want the players to have the best facility available for something like the Stanley Cup playoffs. Whether it be for training, medical needs, anything you can think of. 
 

I’ve consistently rolled my eyes whenever people bring up the asterix that will accompany the Stanley Cup winner because while I understand we have a unique circumstance, the winner will have been deserving. What? When Boston wins, Washington or St. Louis repeat, or Colorado finally breaks through, there will still really be an asterix? Or does it only apply when a team like Montreal or Chicago win? Only then, there will be an asterix.

 

😂

 

Regardless, despite my rant, the point is that if they were to play in places like Alaska, North West Territories, or St. John’s, Newfoundland, there truly would be an asterix associated with the cup.

 

I’d imagine that the league would want this to look as legitimate and professional as is possible without crowds. 
 

 

 

 

If there is an asterix for a cup winner it should be for the stars, scoring a goal on what was obviously and illegal rule at the time, or the bruins for winning the cup when Chara should have been suspended for the remainder of that year and been in jail for attempted murder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, johnnyhasbeen said:

Honestly, why even do this in an NHL rink? They could do this somewhere like St John's NFLD with no cases. Not like there is any attendance to worry about.

 

It's not just about having one facility.  Where are the hotels (5-star, of course)?  Are there multiple practice rinks nearby that can be part of the bubble?  How many sets of dressing rooms are in the arena (and are they NHL-sized)?  That's some of the bubble 'infrastructure' needed to make this work which takes most, if not all non-NHL markets out of the question.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...