Jump to content

2020 Playoffs - Projected Habs lineup


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The hell is wrong with you?    

It appears no, and that his ELC starts in the 2020-21 season.

From comments I have come across around the web and social media, it seems as though people are really giving the Habs a good chance against the Pens.    While I have enjoyed being an optimisti

Posted Images

Good news ... he was apparently very lucky

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Hockey30 (admittedly only occasionally reliable) has been saying from the start that the reason is poor conditioning ... makes some sense to me ... Lavoie tweeted yesterday that they are no injured and if it was Covid related the habs wouldn't (hopefully) have them associating ... could be that they did what Habs asked but rest of team did far more ... Julien did say that they had to alter the practice plan because players were far ahead of what they expected

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DON said:

The Tsar is on his way.

 

I hope Romanov (just because one writer at EOTP uses the nickname doesn't mean everyone has to) at least stays in Montreal whenever the Habs are eliminated.  Otherwise, this is a whole lot of work for him to get in a couple of game-day skates with the team.

 

10 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

 

Hockey30 (admittedly only occasionally reliable) has been saying from the start that the reason is poor conditioning ... makes some sense to me ... Lavoie tweeted yesterday that they are no injured and if it was Covid related the habs wouldn't (hopefully) have them associating

 

My initial thought was that they had exposure to someone who tested positive (with the players testing negative) so they were splitting them away from the main group to allow them to skate on their own.  But knowing that there are coaches there now, that idea went out the window.  I'd find it hard to believe it's a conditioning thing considering who it is but nothing can be ruled out at this point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

 

Hockey30 (admittedly only occasionally reliable) has been saying from the start that the reason is poor conditioning ... makes some sense to me ... Lavoie tweeted yesterday that they are no injured and if it was Covid related the habs wouldn't (hopefully) have them associating

 

The NHL had 2 positive tests amongst 800 players in the last week.  Seeing as there are 5 players there, I don't think they are positive for COVID. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Commandant said:

 

The NHL had 2 positive tests amongst 800 players in the last week.  Seeing as there are 5 players there, I don't think they are positive for COVID. 

 

The two positives are quite possibly (almost certainly) Ouellette and Kulak ... don't think they have set foot on the ice since practice started

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

 

The two positives are quite possibly (almost certainly) Ouellette and Kulak ... don't think they have set foot on the ice since practice started

 

there are 2 positives in the entire NHL. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on how they've been doing the announcements, I interpreted it as there were two new cases this week.  Kulak and Ouellet haven't been on the ice since it started so theirs (if they have it) would have come in either the announcement from last week or the week before.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

 

(just because one writer at EOTP uses the nickname doesn't mean everyone has to)

What is this about?

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Based on how they've been doing the announcements, I interpreted it as there were two new cases this week.  Kulak and Ouellet haven't been on the ice since it started so theirs (if they have it) would have come in either the announcement from last week or the week before.

 

Correct it was for last week

NEW YORK -- The National Hockey League today released the following statement on COVID-19 testing results:

"The NHL concluded the first five days (July 13-17) of Phase 3 (formal training camp) of its Return to Play with two positive test results for COVID-19 among the 2,618 tests administered to more than 800 players. Both Players who tested positive have self-isolated and are following CDC and Health Canada protocols. During Phase 3, the NHL will continue to provide regular updates on the number of tests administered to Players and the results of those tests. The League will not be providing information on the identity of the Players or Clubs

 

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-statement-on-coronavirus-testing-results/c-317534672 

 

But it would still mean the Habs had both positive tests ... unless Ouellette and Kulak knew they had Covid before reporting to camp and are quarantining ... the two positive tests reported may reflect "looking for new infections" testing and not "coming out of quarantine" testing

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DON said:

What is this about?

 

The nickname 'The Tsar' was coined by EOTP's international writer.  He uses it frequently in an effort to get it accepted as Romanov's actual nickname when in reality, it's only what he wants it to be.  (Same with his Khisamutdinov = 'Firestarter'.)  I find it really annoying when I read his posts and hate when it comes up here as well.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GHT120 said:

But it would still mean the Habs had both positive tests ... unless Ouellette and Kulak knew they had Covid before reporting to camp and are quarantining ... the two positive tests reported may reflect "looking for new infections" testing and not "coming out of quarantine" testing

 

Kulak/Ouellet's positive tests came before the start of Phase 3 since neither have been on the ice since camp started.  They've already tested positive before this week so they wouldn't be the two in this release as a result.  These are two new players that haven't previously tested positive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

 

The nickname 'The Tsar' was coined by EOTP's international writer.  He uses it frequently in an effort to get it accepted as Romanov's actual nickname when in reality, it's only what he wants it to be.  (Same with his Khisamutdinov = 'Firestarter'.)  I find it really annoying when I read his posts and hate when it comes up here as well.

 

I dunno, I think it's a pretty cool nickname - but only if the kid turns out to be elite. Otherwise it'll become silly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

I dunno, I think it's a pretty cool nickname - but only if the kid turns out to be elite. Otherwise it'll become silly.

I'd let Ovy, Kuznetsov or Kucherov such a nickname for now yeah.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeLassister said:

I'd let Ovy, Kuznetsov or Kucherov such a nickname for now yeah.

 

Except for Russian history... and the fact that many of the Tsar's were named... get this... Alexander Romanov.

 

So there is a reason it works for him that is a little deeper (if he turns out elite) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Goalies are voodoo.

 

McNivan might, and I stress Might, become an NHL backup one day if he continues to develop.  He's well behind Primeau though, and Lindgren is better right now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Commandant said:

 

Except for Russian history... and the fact that many of the Tsar's were named... get this... Alexander Romanov.

 

So there is a reason it works for him that is a little deeper (if he turns out elite) 

 

Right. Once he gets his first Norris nomination, I'll happily start calling him the Tsar. But not now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, DON said:

How bout Romo:popcorn:
(after everyone's favourite retired QB turned commentator.)

 

Not a 'Boys fan so I'll pass on that ... expect it will end up being a more modern NHL traditional nickname like Romi or Romes (which is sad)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Commandant said:

Goalies are voodoo.

 

McNivan might, and I stress Might, become an NHL backup one day if he continues to develop.  He's well behind Primeau though, and Lindgren is better right now. 

 

Agreed ... I've liked what little I've seen of McNiven ... he is 2.5 years younger than CL ... in many ways last season was a development loss as he bounced around between Laval and 3 ECHL teams ... so he may yet have unrealized potential.

 

Lindgren turns 27 in December ... he is as almost assuredly as good as he ever is going to be, and IMO that is a poor to mediocre NHL backup.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GHT120 said:

Lindgren turns 27 in December ... he is as almost assuredly as good as he ever is going to be, and IMO that is a poor to mediocre NHL backup.

 

Which is still no worse, and potentially potentially better, than Kinkaid or Niemi in the twilight of their careers. Which is why I'd rather play Lindgren in 2020-21 than signing another backup goalie at the same level as the aforementioned two.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

 

Which is still no worse, and potentially potentially better, than Kinkaid or Niemi in the twilight of their careers. Which is why I'd rather play Lindgren in 2020-21 than signing another backup goalie at the same level as the aforementioned two.

Niemi was great his first year as a Hab and terrible last year, so because I appreciate that first year I won't include him in the presumption that a signing would not be better than Lindgren.

 

If Kinkaid-like is the option for signing a veteran then I agree ... assuming there is an AHL season; if not, then Primeau gets the job.

 

But Lindgren would likely mean 60-ish games for Price ... I would suggest mapping out 8-10(ish) of those remaining games for Primeau to play ... against not elite teams and when minimal travel is required to get him back to the Rocket.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...