NFL Fantasy

dlbalr

It's that time again, NFL season is coming soon. Last year, some members of this board were involved in a pool and I was wondering if there are intentions to do so again this season. I'm interested in having a pool again, although it seems the site we used last year is no longer hosting a free game. ( http://fantasy.nfl.com )

Yahoo, however, has a NFL pool that's free that doesn't seem too bad. ( http://www.yahoo.com/s/25496 )

Anyone know of any other sites that run free pools? Is there anyone else interested in participating in another one of these, or is willing to become the commissioner of one? (I wouldn't mind running one, but I have other committments, so the most I can be is a participant.)

Quebecois hosted last year's pool, if he makes another I'll certainly join in.

I was waiting for him to respond to the thread... maybe he didn't see it, or really doesn't want to take care of the pool this year... who knows :)

Sorry guys didnt see this thread. I have every intention on making a new NFL pool, im just hoping that CBS will add the free game later on in the summer, i seem to recall that happening last year but i might be wrong. If in a few weeks the CBS free game doesn't appear, then i will make a yahoo one. I just like CBS better because you don't have to pay for live updates, as i'm sure you do in yahoo.

Anyway let me know if anyone else is interested, last year we had too many lazy GMs that stopped trying half way through the year so if anyone new wants to join then that would be great.

Originally posted by huzer

I'd join again. I'll try to refrain from another Bettis/Boston trade though. :)

LOL... I'd forgotten about that one.... hehe

I happen to hate Bettis (always injured) and thought Boston was the next big thing... so I flipped when I saw it.

In retrospect Boston had a forgetable year so all that fuss was for not.

Remember that picture of my "grandma" who hated me?.. I loved that pic, should have saved it. :)

There have been SO many changes in the NFL during the off-season I don't even know who's playing where yet.

When we get closer to the start of the season (and the pool) I'll get myself up to date with all the roster changes.

That's the one things that sucks about the NFL, insane player movement. That's the bad side of a hard cap and un-guaranteed contracts.

Kordell with the Bears, Plummer with Denver, Pearless Price now with Vick in Atlanta... and on and on, it's like a whole new league every year.

[Edited on 22-7-03 by Habs77]

Well guys i created a league through Yahoo. I noticed CBS has a basic game this year that costs 20 bucks, so i figured there was no possibility of a free one.

there's a problem with the draft though, its during the day. Let me know if anyone needs it changed ,it was the closest draft time to the start of the season but if u need it pushed back i can do that.

I just need the E-mails of anyone who is interested and i can send you all the info.

I've got a max of 16 teams and this year there is defensive players not defensive teams.

[Edited on 22/7/03 by Quebecois]

well i am as involved as i am in SKSB but no it isn't quite the same. We certainly won't have thousands of posts on the message board or anything like that. I'm just trying to get it so that everyone will compete till the end and be somewhat active (set lineups every week so there's no injuries or bye week players starting) until the end of the year.

So anyone who wants to join can e-mail me at jimmyewfire@yahoo.com

all i ask is that you participate throughout the year, i'm not gonna be pissed if u never talk on the message board or anything like that.

<i>did you ever head out to phoenix?</i>

Yup. Was an easy week, too. Stay at the Tapatio Resort, which wasn't too bad. We never did make it into town at all, as we just hit some local bars around there. Shit, it was freakin' hot. 122 the first day I was there. The LOW temp was 96!!!

Met a cute girl from Jersey there, too.

I'm in for the football pool. Hopefully you still have room available...

Send me an e-mail at

batcountry9@hotmail.com

Originally posted by Quebecois

Well that's 11 teams in the league, i'll accept 1 more. Habs77, you havent joined yet but you were in the league last year and sounded interested for this year, are u still interested? If so send me an e-mail.

That's funny, I sent you an e-mail a while back... the day you posted here telling us to E-mail you.

I'll re-send it.

Although I really don't like the idea of having individuals on D instead of team defenses... I'm still looking forward to the pool.

Edit: the E-mail was sent again, let me know if you got it. Thanks.

[Edited on 6-8-03 by Habs77]

• 3 weeks later...

Q60 or anyone.. post a link to the football pool homepage.. so we can see who is the best NFL pooler here :P

i didn't participate and have no clue on scoring system, but would be interested to see how it works.

btw, good season!

Q60, I sent you a U2U regarding the NFL pool. It pertains to player positions just so you know. In case you're wondering, you'll find it on the top right-hand corner of the page. (It would be great if you could get back to me by later today if possible.) Thanks.

Well guys, just like last year i am short 1 manager just a day before the draft. One of the guys was pissed he couldnt go to the draft and he threatened to ruin the league.

Anyway if anyone knows anyone that has an interest, tell them to sign up.

League ID#: 149691

Password: 123456

Wow that was quick. Well, welcome to the league.

Oh and just so you know, you are given the 12th pick not because you are the last person to join, but because the previous owner that was banned had the 12th pick.

[Edited on 29/8/03 by Quebecois]

Originally posted by Quebecois

Wow that was quick. Well, welcome to the league.

Oh and just so you know, you are given the 12th pick not because you are the last person to join, but because the previous owner that was banned had the 12th pick.  

Hey if you want to re-draw now that we have a new member on board, for the sake of fairness, I don't mind.

P.S. This has nothing to do with me having the 9th pick, I swear ;)