Nick Boynton

The-Habby2919

I read on Tsn.ca that Nick Boynton has rejected the Bruins latest offer and talks are going sour between them... according to his agent he only wants 1.9Million. Could he be a possibility to our need for Dmen??

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Originally posted by The-Habby2919

Hes 26, is he UFA or RFA? And what happens if the Bruins dont resign him before the season starts?

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

According to TSN

"Boynton, 26, is two years away from possible unrestricted free agency. "

From the TSN article:

"Thun said that he was speaking to clubs about signing Boynton, who is a restricted free-agent to an offer sheet. If that were to happen the Bruins would have the right to match, or compensate the Bruins with a pair of first-round draft picks in 2006 and 2007. Bruins general manager Mike O'Connell has stated that he has no interest in dealing Boynton."

If that is accurate, he is a RFA and compensation (for the type of deal he would likely get) is 2 first round draft picks. Don't think there is much (if any) chance of Montreal getting him. The Bruins would match the offer, especially if not matching would mean he ends up with a division rival. Two 1st round picks is a bit expensive too (but worth it I think, he's only 26 years old).

boston has no more $$ for boyton~ muahahaha~ too bad for them~~~~ i'm sooo happy to have gainey as GM!!! so right and clever and knows how to manage stuff haha~ lalala~~~

If the Broons are at the cap limit and the Habs sign Boynton, then I guess the Broons would then need to dump a player or two, to make cap space for him or let the Habs keep him. (Sounds good to me either way !!!)

Giving up the two 1st round picks would be tough. But then again, we're talking about Habs 1st round picks here, which have been about as useful to the Habs as Sylvain Turgeon. (I'd be more worried about giving up two 2nd rounders - those have actually been working out well).

To tell you the truth, I wouldn't want a guy like that who refuses an offer and stays away from training camp.

I remember a while back when Yashin was not clicking (financially) with Ottawa, I thought 'let's trade for him, he's a good player.' I'm glad it wasn't done because when the Islanders got him, they got the package that he was in Ottawa.

I believe the same for him. If this guy plays the dissatisfied role in Boston, he's pretty well sure to do the same in Montreal.

NO THANKS!!

:ghg::ghg::ghg:

Originally posted by shortcat1

I believe the same for him. If this guy plays the dissatisfied role in Boston, he's pretty well sure to do the same in Montreal.

Yeah but Yashin was holding out for something like $9 Million.

Boynton is just looking to not have to take a pay cut after performing beyond expectations for a few seasons. The Bruins could have picked up his option for $1.9M but opted to offer $1.3M instead. The guy is an All-star in his prime and they offered a third of what they gave the geriatric Leetch. Now their offering him the same $$$ the Habs gave Dandenault. Those damn broons are treating this guy like a joke.

Let's grab him for $2.5M, give up 1st and 3rd round picks and let him crush the broons for the next few years for us.

Originally posted by TheMaxDaddy

Yeah but Yashin was holding out for something like $9 Million.

Boynton is just looking to not have to take a pay cut after performing beyond expectations for a few seasons. The Bruins could have picked up his option for $1.9M but opted to offer $1.3M instead. The guy is an All-star in his prime and they offered a third of what they gave the geriatric Leetch. Now their offering him the same $$$ the Habs gave Dandenault. Those damn broons are treating this guy like a joke.

Let's grab him for $2.5M, give up 1st and 3rd round picks and let him crush the broons for the next few years for us.

:clap:

Very nicely said TheMaxDaddy. This is not a case of a greedy player. He is worth $2million. From what I have seen of him this should be a no brainer for Boston.

Clearly would be a benefit if we could somehow get him. He is a tough defenceman with good size, decent skating ability and a good shot.

He could be the missing link on the D, for what it's worth Ek is "confirming" that 4 teams are talking to Boynton, including MTL and TOR.

Markov Boynton

Sourray Dandenault

Komisarek / Rivet / Bouillon / Hainsey / Streit

The thing is, that we're left with too many defencemen. Hainsey would definitely go. Bouillon and Streit would battle for the bottom spot. We should offer Crosby for a 4th round draft pick or whatever it is for the rookie salary and let's just HOPE the Pens can't afford to match it.;)