beckham

beckham

beckham you are so set at getting rid of Theo and Danis for some reason before the regular season starts. Which goalie are we trading for? Don't say we are trading a bucket of pucks for Biron, it would have to be a real trade. I am curious who you think is available as I cannot. :hockey:

Huet is going to be out half a season, more or less. Even then there is no gaurantee that he will come back effectively. The team would have to be very lucky over that period to only have to use Danis half a dozen times. That is assuming Theodore stays healthy and doesn't hit a bad slump. I have 0 confidence in Danis as an NHL goaltender. The team is going to need every point to make the playoffs, and even dropping 4 points due to shaky netminding could prove to be disastrous. If Danis had to play 10 or more games in the first half, losing 4 points as a result is a very real possibility. So is losing a few more points if they have to put a rusty Huet in once he returns. Even if Theodore stays healthy and they are forced to use him for nearly every regular season game, that could cost them in the playoffs if he wears down. He isn't a particularly big or strong player.

Originally posted by beckham

Huet is going to be out half a season, more or less. Even then there is no gaurantee that he will come back effectively. The team would have to be very lucky over that period to only have to use Danis half a dozen times. That is assuming Theodore stays healthy and doesn't hit a bad slump. I have 0 confidence in Danis as an NHL goaltender. He isn't a particularly big or strong player.

So, being big a strong makes a goalie good? :?-

That's funny, I always thought vision, agility, quickness, and shot stopping made a good goalie. I wasn't aware that being strong helped you stop pucks.

[Edited on 9-29-05 by Fanpuck33]

lol, that is perhaps your most ridiculous comment ever, beckham. Where do you see that I edited your post? If I edit a person's post, it leaves a little note saying who edited and when it was edited.

Whatever you are smoking, it's making you see things that aren't there.

Hey Beckham, is it not possible that even if Theo was in nets that we lose those precious 10 points? The goalie is definitely the backstop but there are others on the ice that count too.

I will admit that I messed up. When I read your post, I didn't see that you switched back talking about Theodore, so I thought that you called Danis "not big or strong" as one of his flaws. Because of this, I didn't think that deleting the filler material in between made a difference to what was being said. I took what you said out of context, and didn't even realize it.

With that said, you could have explained to me what your gripe was instead of acting like a child. It's not a good idea "faux-cuss" and talk to admins like that. You're no saint beckham, and you're on thin ice. You are lucky that you haven't been banned for your multiple racist comments.

[Edited on 9-29-05 by Fanpuck33]

Originally posted by beckham

Huet is going to be out half a season, more or less. Even then there is no gaurantee that he will come back effectively. The team would have to be very lucky over that period to only have to use Danis half a dozen times. That is assuming Theodore stays healthy and doesn't hit a bad slump. I have 0 confidence in Danis as an NHL goaltender. The team is going to need every point to make the playoffs, and even dropping 4 points due to shaky netminding could prove to be disastrous. If Danis had to play 10 or more games in the first half, losing 4 points as a result is a very real possibility. So is losing a few more points if they have to put a rusty Huet in once he returns. Even if Theodore stays healthy and they are forced to use him for nearly every regular season game, that could cost them in the playoffs if he wears down. He isn't a particularly big or strong player.

I tend to agree with you as this is valid to a certain point. I'm not sold on Huet either. A bad backup goalie could doom us but you do not take into account that Boston and Leafs made massive changes. Are these teams guaranteed playoff positions? Joe Thorton goes down and Boston is cooked. Lindros and Allison cannot even play a full preseason game so their hopes at playoffs is questionable. I am not even sure either teams defense is much better than Montreal's and they both do not really have a legitimate goalie. So the backup goalie may not make a difference in playoff position.

I am still waiting to hear which team is trading a goaltender to the Habs. Looking at other teams there is not much available.

beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham, beckham... that's all I read about. How about ME! FOZZY BEAR! MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look at me... I'm sooooo important... that's what my mommy says and SHE'S RIGHT!

He's on leave for a while... gone fishing in the northern Russian taiga. Hopes to catch that elusive taiga painted rainbow turtletrout. Supposed to be really good in a soup or pan-fried.

He says he'll be back in a while.

So, Fozzy Bear would like his twin brother, Fozzy Bear (a real party guy) to hold the fort for a while (which will be very difficult to do because he, Fozzy Bear, still believes that disco never died and tends to go a-roamin' in the gloamin looking for the twirling sparkle ball, the black lights and the epilepsy-inducing - but that's such a rush - strobe lights. If he ever finds it, my avatar goes caucasian blanc)

[Edited on 2005/9/30 by shortcat1]

Of Price and the CBA:

The new CBA doesn't have a THING to do with whether or not Carey Price would become back-up (same thing for next year. I know he's already been cut) because he would only have to play half a season. The rules say that a player can play under 10 games in a season and stil be considered a rookie the following year. As a backup for half the year him (and Danis as well, who will get the job) he won't play more than 9 games so it won't make him lose a year til UFA-dom.

And I'm against getting Biron. I don't know what you have against Theo. I don't like Danis either though.

Originally posted by shortcat1

He's on leave for a while... gone fishing in the northern Russian taiga. Hopes to catch that elusive taiga painted rainbow turtletrout. Supposed to be really good in a soup or pan-fried.

He says he'll be back in a while.

So, Fozzy Bear would like his twin brother, Fozzy Bear (a real party guy) to hold the fort for a while (which will be very difficult to do because he, Fozzy Bear, still believes that disco never died and tends to go a-roamin' in the gloamin looking for the twirling sparkle ball, the black lights and the epilepsy-inducing - but that's such a rush - strobe lights. If he ever finds it, my avatar goes caucasian blanc)

[Edited on 2005/9/30 by shortcat1]

Uhhhhh.....Just a little too much free time ;)