4 players to cut

KoZed

1. I don't think we need a goon. And if I'm wrong I'm sure they can make a call to Hamilton. Cut both!

2. Doesn't Streit have a one-way contract? Anyway, I think he needs more time to adapt. Hainsey's last chance? Give it to him and cut Streit.

3. Perezhogin? Hossa? No. Plekanec? No. Higgins? No? Latendresse? Well... I would like to have him but what's best for him?

well, you probably need to cut perezhogin and Higgins. Dagenais cannot be sent down without running him through waivers and he probably deserves a shot at losing 2nd line LW position.

Hossa and Plekanec both have waiver protection and Higs does not (this is correct, yes?). Now, we are talking about the opening day roster. I personally feel that higgins could very well find his way onto the team by the end of the season. In fact, I wouldnt be completely surprised if he ends up on the second line.

Originally posted by simonus

i dont know... a third line of bulis-bonk-latendresse would see a lot of action and i think it would be very successful.

I had thought about that as well. Latendresse has shown the grit and two way play that is needed. That line would be awesome.

Would the Habs consider keeping only 6 d-men? (probably not). I don't think Streit or Hainsey should stay.

I would prefer if Hossa and Hainsey were traded instead of sending people down or to waivers. If that isn't possible, I say drop Dagenais and Hossa.

Plekanec, Higgins and Latendresse are ready now. Perezhogin is a diamond that needs to be around Markov and Kovalev right now. Watch this guy go.

well, you probably need to cut perezhogin and Higgins. Dagenais cannot be sent down without running him through waivers and he probably deserves a shot at losing 2nd line LW position.

Hossa and Plekanec both have waiver protection and Higs does not (this is correct, yes?). Now, we are talking about the opening day roster. I personally feel that higgins could very well find his way onto the team by the end of the season. In fact, I wouldnt be completely surprised if he ends up on the second line.

Higgins has been playing some great hockey. There's no way I can see him getting cut from the team. He's turning into a great 2-way player. And if not 2-way, then a very good defensive forward.

Vandermeer, Ivanans, Streit, and Latendresse and/or Perezhogin.

Latendresse because he could use the big minutes in juniors (as well as a great chance at cracking Canada's line-up for U-20).

Perezhogin because maybe he could use some more time getting to know the American style. However, he'd only be sent down because he's one of the few guys that doesnt have to clear waivers.

I doubt he'd stay in the AHL for too long. I'm sure he'd do some great things down there and eventually get the call up.

Also, Gainey is said to be talking trade, ( http://www.habsworld.net/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3711 ) so there's a chance that even more youngsters may get a shot.

If I were Bob, I would cut Streit, Ivaans, Vandermeer and Latendresse.

He's got to find a way to get Hossa, Higgins, Perezhogin and Pleanak into the line-up: these guys are the immediate future of the team and even if one gets traded their value will be lessened if they are in Hamilton rather that suceeding in MTL.

If necessary, someone can be put on the injury list rather than sent down, so that they can bring up one of the big guys for a team like Philly.

I love what GL has done, but keeping the other guys is just better asset management--for now. That said, a part of me just can't help hoping he'll make the team.

[Edited on 2005/9/30 by PMAC]

Originally posted by ap79

27 players still in camp, 4 to cut to get to 23.

- At least one of Vandermeer-Ivanans will be cut. That makes 26.

- Streit or Hainsey will be cut, that makes it 25.

Still 2 more to go. Who are they?

Marcel Hossa

Still 1 more to go. WHO IS HE ??

Originally posted by sakiqc

27 players still in camp, 4 to cut to get to 23.

- At least one of Vandermeer-Ivanans will be cut. That makes 26.

- Streit or Hainsey will be cut, that makes it 25.

Still 2 more to go. Who are they?

Marcel Hossa

Still 1 more to go. WHO IS HE ??

I still think it will be Latendresse. Everyone seems to see trading Hossa as making room for Latendresse. But I still think another year in junior will benefit him more. I see trading Hossa as making room for Perehogen.

i dont know... a third line of bulis-bonk-latendresse would see a lot of action and i think it would be very successful.

Agreed, the Hossa trade opens up this possibility, we still need a go-to guy with size and that's Lats not Hossa and not Perez.

Anyway we will know in 72 hours -- hehehe exciting.

:ghg:

Ah, my dear Watson, it's simply the pleasure of speculation and discussion with those of like interest.

I'll give my personnal choices:

Cut...

Hainsey - Did'nt looked too good in camp. He has a high salary, so its unlikely he'll be picked up on waivers. Streit looked better as the camp wore on and he also has a 30-NHL-games garantee in his contract.

Ivanans - Not worse than Vandermeer, but the later has a garanteed contract. Ivanans is showing lot of progress and one more season in the AHL could motivate him to push harder.

Dagenais - Latendresse is stealing his "big guy standing around the net on the PP" job. There was also a bunch of scouts at the Montreal game vs Boston, probably to scout Dagenais. He's on the outs I believe.

That means Streit, Latendresse, Perezhogin, Vandermeer, Higgins & Plekanec stay up.

Now lets see how this one turns out.

I'll give my personnal choices:

Cut...

Hainsey - Did'nt looked too good in camp. He has a high salary, so its unlikely he'll be picked up on waivers. Streit looked better as the camp wore on and he also has a 30-NHL-games garantee in his contract.

Ivanans - Not worse than Vandermeer, but the later has a garanteed contract. Ivanans is showing lot of progress and one more season in the AHL could motivate him to push harder.

Dagenais - Latendresse is stealing his "big guy standing around the net on the PP" job. There was also a bunch of scouts at the Montreal game vs Boston, probably to scout Dagenais. He's on the outs I believe.

That means Streit, Latendresse, Perezhogin, Vandermeer, Higgins & Plekanec stay up.

Agreed but I would keep Dags and let him prove himself and send Perez down to work more on the smaller ice and get ready for a callup if Dags does not click.

Also we don't have to play Streit for 30 games, just pay him full price if we fail to.

I think they were there because Gainey put out the call that he had extra bodies and wanted to move one or two. I also think they were there to seriously scout Hainsey, since he's borderline and can be picked up on waivers. If there was a scout from the Rag$ there, I'd say Dags was being scouted, since they like our refuse, but otherwise, I'm not sure I see a lot of interest for a guy that played one good period of hockey that night.

Keep both!

Pierre Dagenais is 3 years older than Marcel Hossa and makes less money. But he scores. And if he keeps his scoring up there's no reason to trade a player that has great chemistry with our second line center.

No way two goons make it

Perezhogin should make the team.

I hope Ivaanas and Hainsey w Vandermeer back where he belongs. Man, the Bulldogs are going to be some tough team

[Edited on 2005/10/2 by PMAC]

Originally posted by PMAC

No way two goons make it  

Perezhogin should make the team.

[Edited on 2005/10/2 by PMAC]

Boy, I hope so. The idea of two enforcers on a team seems wastefully redundant.

I can see why Perezhogin might go to Hamilton for a while (re-aclimatization) but it would be better, in my eyes, to see him use his skills instead of having some guy there ready to punch somebody out.

We'll see pretty soon, won't we.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

If they felt that Perezhogin should go back down for more seasoning then they should have kept Hossa or even Latendresse. Keeping two goons in the "new" LHN just doesnt make sense.

I think/hope the last two cuts will be Streit and Vandermeeer or Ivaans.

I'm rooting for Ivaans, what's not to like about a 6'5" Latvian with a mean streak. Man, if he were only a little more skilled in other areas. MTL hasnt had a really good goon since Knuckles Nilan-- good skater, decent hands and tough as nails. Brashear could have developed in MTL but......(memory of the Dark years deleted)