Canadiens goaltending pipeline

Howie_Morenz

I read it earlier and yes, the top three look good.

We all know the potential of Price.

Danis has proven that he has adapted well at different levels and, I believe, with exposure and experience, he'll do well here. At worst, he'll be a solid back-up goalie.

Halak has the makings of possibly being another Tomas Vokoun. I just hope that Montreal won't see him go to another team and get nothing in return like they did with Vokoun because they had no room for him (the same thing applies for Danis here, too).

Christopher Heino-Lindberg did his debute in the Swedish Elitserien today.

And yes. He didn't allow a single goal when Färjestad beat Timrå.

Färjestad won 3-0

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if this is the place to post this, but I'm a little new at this. Sorry. Anyway, I don't want to be the 'new Bekham' but I've heard reports from Tri-City that Price is in danger of losing his starting job. In his first 7 starts he only has 1 win, has a GAA over 4 and a save % of 860. They DO have a weak team, but they've lost the last 3 games despite outplaying and out-shooting the opposition. They also have a young and talented goalie behind Price who has fared well in 2 wins so far, and times when Price has been pulled.

Please tell me it isn't so!!

Originally posted by shortcat1

I

Halak has the makings of possibly being another Tomas Vokoun. I just hope that Montreal won't see him go to another team and get nothing in return like they did with  Vokoun because they had no room for him (the same thing applies for Danis here, too).

It wasn't that they had no room for Vokun, it was that they could only protect two goalies in the expansion draft, and they choose Theodore and Hacket I believe.

Originally posted by Habinator

I don't know if this is the place to post this, but I'm a little new at this.  Sorry.  Anyway, I don't want to be the 'new Bekham' but I've heard reports from Tri-City that Price is in danger of losing his starting job.  In his first 7 starts he only has 1 win, has a GAA over 4 and a save % of 860.  They DO have a weak team, but they've lost the last 3 games despite outplaying and out-shooting the opposition.  They also have a young and talented goalie behind Price who has fared well in 2 wins so far, and times when Price has been pulled.  

Please tell me it isn't so!!

Carey Price stats:

GP: 7

Minutes: 389

GA: 29

SO: 0

GAA: 4.48

W: 1

L: 5

OTL: 0

SL: 0

SA: 210

SVS: 181

%: 0.862

http://www.whl.ca/stats/statdisplay.php?ty...=&singleSeason=

Originally posted by ~moeman

Pipeline to the past;

http://www.goaliesarchive.com/canadiens/index.html

I don't know if I should be but I'm surprised that Carey Price isn't on there. It is dated up to 2005 at the bottom.

But, aside from that, it's a super link for goaltending info.

Merci beaucoup! :D

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Carey Price is experiencing a cruddy beginning to this season. Here's his stats so far:

7 games

389 minutes played

210 shots against

29 goals allowed

0 shut outs

4.48 average

0.862 save percentage

1 win

5 losses

Don't know what the factors are. The Tri-City Americans lost 6 - 2 last night but it wasn't Price in nets.

The Tri-City Americans have the worst record in the whole WHL with 3 wins, 7 losses, 38 goals for & 48 goals against.

By the way, I'm waiting for some of the 'faithful' to start bashing the choice of drafting Price over some others who were drafted after him.

Hmmm.................

By the way, I'm waiting for some of the 'faithful' to start bashing the choice of drafting Price over some others who were drafted after him.

Hmmm.................

No way! I am not going to bash him as like most here I was stunned with the pick so had to do some research. After reading up with links provided by so many helpful people here (I then signed up here) I could see why Montreal took him. He was the next best player at their pick. Time will tell if he becomes hero or bust. I just hope the coaches are not overcoaching him!

Does anyone know if the team he plays on just stinks?

Originally posted by habzz22

Have any of the "Trade Theo-Start Garon" backers noticed that Garon has basicly lost the starting job in L.A. to Jason Labarbera?

Trading Théo for Garon to become the starter is/was nonsens. As we speak things aren't looking great for Mathieu but don't count him out yet. Garons' technical game is so good, it's even better than theo's. Right now mathieu's Sv% stands at 87,3% I'm convinced that in a couple of weeks he'll be above a respectable 90%. Don't write a young goalie off that quickly, we still haven't seen the best of Mathieu yet. Nice from the GM to give this kid his chance, there was simply no place for him to play behind José.

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

Hmmm.................

No way! I am not going to bash him as like most here I was stunned with the pick so had to do some research. After reading up with links provided by so many helpful people here (I then signed up here) I could see why Montreal took him. He was the next best player at their pick. Time will tell if he becomes hero or bust. I just hope the coaches are not overcoaching him!

Does anyone know if the team he plays on just stinks?

At the moment, they are the worst team in the WHL. They have very little competition for that prestigious position. :eyes::eyes: