Go Ferrari!

huzer

Man, that Silverstone race today was pretty entertaining, there were some great passes in there. (Too bad Villeneuve had to spin out there, but watching that battle with Schumacher earlier in the race was pretty cool.)

Barrichello was great today. Made up the 10 seconds on Kimi and took off with the win. Hell, even Schumacher did great after getting mired back around 15th place after the pitstops when that freak ran out onto the track.

Woohoo...go Ferrari!

I refuse to get all excited because some cars passed other cars on the track today instead it being the usual "who will have the best pit stop" contest.

It's supposed to be like this every race... yet it's the first in years.

Half the tracks don't even have one potential passing point... you'd think that would a pretty basic requirement no?

Them billionaires who run F1 ain't very smart. :guru:

Seems Ecclestone, the F1 boss, wants to see Villeneuve riding for Ferrari next year and that he's actively working to make it happen.

Usually when Bernie wants something in F1, he gets it... hopefully that won't change now.

All Bernie cares about is improving the F1 product, so it'll improve the struggling ratings & attendance... which will mean more sponsors.

JV to Ferrari would be great on so many levels:

- Villeneuve/Shumacher showdown with similar equipment

- Ferrari link to father Gilles Villeneuve

- JV speaks Italian too... seems like a perfect fit

- And finally JV would have to put or shut up... no more excuses

- oh yeah... and if he doesn't get the Ferrari gig, where the hell is gonna drive??

<i>It's supposed to be like this every race... yet it's the first in years.

</i>

Yes, it does suck that most every F1 race has zippo for passing. Interesting that you bring up the plight of F1; in last month's issue of Automobile, David E Davis had an article about how to make F1 more interesting.

I think it would be great fun as well if Jacques landed in the Ferrari stable. Although with Schumacher committed for a few more years, you've gotta wonder how being the definite #2 would sit with him.

If Barrichello jumped ship, he could be a great driver in another team. But the other top teams, Williams/McLaren have JPM, Kimi, Coulthard, and Ralf. I'd hate to see Rubens stock on a Sauber or BAR team.

At any rate, Silverstone is one of the first races where I felt compelled to watch from start to finish this year. That hasn't happened with any other race. It was great to see Rubens drive so well...great pass for the lead.

(PS. I, for one, would love to see them race at Watkins Glen again...)

Here's the best cure for boring F1 races:

GO NASCAR!!!!

I used to be a big fan of F1....now I follow it but hardly ever watch it.

I try to watch every Nascar race however.....always entertaining

Originally posted by dahabs111

Here's the best cure for boring F1 races:

GO NASCAR!!!!

You mean that series where you bump the car in front of you into the wall so you can pass him?... no thanks

Might as well go to the amusement park and drive one of those bumper cars myself.

The average NASCAR fan has an IQ of 10, has one tooth left (to open the beer cans with), and has Billy or Bob somewhere in their name, and is married to their cousin.

Sorry, that's not for me :)

P.S. The funniest part is I read somewhere that JV might consider Nascar if all else fails in F1... can you imagine going from the bourgeois jet-set world of F1 to the Nascar hillbillies?... that would be the funniest thing ever :lol:

Habs 77

For your information:

My IQ is 17

I have 3 teeth left

My middle name is Jimbo

and I'm married to my step-sister

you were wayyyyyy off!!!!

Go JV.....Go Tracy & Carpentier

Go Nascar

Originally posted by dahabs111

Habs 77

For your information:

My IQ is 17

I have 3 teeth left

My middle name is Jimbo

and I'm married to my step-sister

you were wayyyyyy off!!!!

hehe... so you're one of those "sophisticated" Nascar fans I've been hearing about :)

By the way, there's nothing wrong with marrying your step-sister... if she's hot go for it ;)

You know there's something wrong when your family tree never branches out through the generations... lol

[Edited on 22-7-03 by Habs77]

<i>GO NASCAR!!!!

</i>

I used to watch NASCAR a long time ago (mid-80s, when it was completely redneck, before sponsorship made all of the drivers play together nicely). I'll still watch one here and there, but it's not like it used to be. Doesn't help that ol' DW retired a few years back. My favorite track is still Bristol.

One thing NASCAR has going for it is its obvious marketability. Lord knows the races aren't cheap to go to, and it's drivers are still fairly approachable (Toys for Tots in North Carolina/December comes to mind). F1 has a ton of work if it wants to become anything more than a hobby for a few folks in the N.A. Racing around at Indy wasn't the answer either. They need a higher profile "international" city, LA or NYC comes to mind. It sounds like they are trying to get an American driver though, especially since Budweiser is soon to be a primary team sponsor. There's no shot at getting a glimpse or any drivers or teams. (Most NASCAR, CART, IRL shops are all open to the public for tours. Like McLaren, Williams, and Ferrari are going to let the average schmuck visit their joints.)Even still, with races only on cable channel Speedvision (oops, it's Speed now), 2 North American dates, (only 3 dates in any of the N.A. time zones), it's easy for most folks to ignore.

Sigh...I remember watching the race at Imola on CBC when Senna lost his life in '94.