Hossa cut by the NYR (unconfirmed)

Theberge43

LOL ... not sure of the source yet, but still hilarious ...

Maybe Bob will claim him :lol:

<b>Admin Edit:</b> Changed the title to unconfirmed. I havent found anything that says Hossa's been cut.

[Edited on 2005-10-3 by puck7x]

Originally posted by Theberge43

That would be hilarious. He could have also claimed Balej earlier this preseason when he was cut:)

Originally posted by Rooster

That would be hilarious. He could have also claimed Balej earlier this preseason when he was cut:)

Gotta disagree on the hilarity there, Rooster. If it's true, I don't know what it means. It can't have been a true reflection of the kid's worth. Based upon the first game he played, he should have been, at worst, sent down to Hartford (I think that's the team).

I can see it being more a case of GM politics of some sort, I don't know but it's just weird. It can't be the obvious... that doesn't really make sense.

Anyway Rooster, it sort of sounds like taking enjoyment from someone else's hurt... not cool.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

[Edited on 2005/10/3 by shortcat1]

I think they're friends. Since Gainey was GM they've already made three deals and they signed Ward (wasn't Gainey's choice but whatever).

And it wouldn't make a big difference anyway. We have no room for Hossa or Balej so we should let the Rangers have them. There's no point in claiming them though it would be funny.

Originally posted by shortcat1
Originally posted by Rooster

Gotta disagree on the hilarity there, Rooster. If it's true, I don't know what it means. It can't have been a true reflection of the kid's worth. Based upon the first game he played, he should have been, at worst, sent down to Hartford (I think that's the team).

I can see it being more a case of GM politics of some sort, I don't know but it's just weird. It can't be the obvious... that doesn't really make sense.

Anyway Rooster, it sort of sounds like taking enjoyment from someone else's hurt... not cool.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

[Edited on 2005/10/3 by shortcat1]

Oukay, the "hilarity" that I saw was linked to the irony of getting back what I consider to be two promising players which we had traded away (to get Kovalev and to make room for Perezhogin).....not that Hossa and Balej being cut was hilarious. I actually like the potential of both those guys.....and can't see why the NYR cut Hossa (if in fact he was cut). Read back my post, I said it would be hilarious (hilarious cause it's ironic) if we claimed them not that it was hilarious that they were cut. Geez Touchy!

I agree that that would not happen though. BG and G. Sather seem to have a good relationship going and they have mutual interests in keeping that relationship going. The Rangers are rebuilding and Montreal has prospects, the Habs are starting to contend and the Rangers can fill gaps. They won't be lowballing each other in order not to undermine the relationship, but they won't be making gifts to each other either.

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

It would be pretty funny if Bobo was able to pick up Hossa off waivers.

Doubt it'll happen... Atlanta would be the most logical place.

Holy C*%^$^P Leafs Suck. I totally forgot about brother Hossa in Atlanta. Would that not be something to see the brothers on the same team? :/)

I am looking forward to the NHL season and Bob Gainey will do what it takes to get us closer to being a contender. No way he would screw over the Rangers or should I say Sather because that would not help us in the future. Good nurtured business relationships will help in trades in the future. Plus if by trading Hossa in the first place, no way the team is going to want him back so soon.

Originally posted by ~moeman

Babs has a 5 year plan. #25 on the 100th anniversary would be icing.

#25? Jacques Lemaire? WTF?

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie
Originally posted by ~moeman

Babs has a 5 year plan. #25 on the 100th anniversary would be icing.

#25? Jacques Lemaire? WTF?

Think he meant 25th cup.

If you go to the following site, http://www.hockeysfuture.com/team.php?team=22 , you'll see Hossa as part of the Ranger's list of prospects.

He's below the top 20 and the 3rd in depth on the left wing. (Balej is rated 10th on their prospects depth list, 2nd on the right wing.)

He's official on their prospects site.

If you go to the following site, http://www.newyorkrangers.com/team/roster.asp , you'll see his name (along with Jason Ward's).

He's on their official roster.

Need we say more?

Originally posted by shortcat1

If you go to the following site, http://www.hockeysfuture.com/team.php?team=22 ,  you'll see Hossa as part of the Ranger's list of prospects.

He's below the top 20 and the 3rd in depth on the left wing. (Balej is rated 10th on their prospects depth list, 2nd on the right wing.)

He's official on their prospects site.

If you go to the following site, http://www.newyorkrangers.com/team/roster.asp , you'll see his name (along with Jason Ward's).

He's on their official roster.  

Need we say more?

The later site lists a 26 man roster so I don't think it settles the question of whether Hossa has been cut.

[edited for spelling]

[Edited on 2005/10/4 by Peter Puck]