Gauthier comes to Montreal

GoHabs2002

The Habs continue to to add intelligent hockey guys to their Management team, by adding Pierre Gauthier to the mold as director of Pro Scouting. THis is the division of the hockey operations department I feel needed the most improvement over the last few years. The scouts were offering poor reports to the GM's, that is why we got burned in most of the deals we made.

But Gauthier will help, his last few years with the Ducks might have been poor, but his Ottawa days and Nordique days shows what he is like.

Good Addition:/)

Yes, Great addition. Habs organization looks better and better!

He replaces Mondou who retires.

Pierre Gauthier and Bob Gainey were 2 of the 3 GM of Team Canada in the first pro olympian team (nagano)

I'm not sold on Gauthier being that good. Personally I think he royally screwed up Anaheim in his time there. Notice how well they've done since he's left...

Pierre Gauthier just spoke on radio... he said he's good friends with Boivin, worked with Gainey as co-GM at Nagano, and worked with Savard & hired Timmins in Ottawa so he feels very comfortable coming in.

As for his job description:

- evaluate players on the other NHL teams, older players in Europe

- will help evaluate our prospects once they are in our system... will not be involved in amateur scouting, that's AS & Timmins

- Will also help in deciding how much players are worth... how much to offer & such

And every guy who comes in has his contacts that he's built up during his career... a guy with his experience will have a lot of those, to go along with Gainey, AS & Timmins.

Good signing.