Planet Hollywood

BTH

Don't think this has ever been done.

Just a floating thread about movies and actors and directors and the like.

My Favourite Actor: Johnny Depp.

My Favourite Movie: Pirates of the Caribbean

My Favourite Directors: Steven Spielberg, Stanley Kubrick.

Honourable Mentions:

Forrest Gump, The Green Mile, Reservoir Dogs, The Breakfast Club, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

The Lord of the Rings movies are quite good but the books easily put them to shame and I'm not an Orlando Bloom fan (despite him playing a major character in PotC).

Well, I'm a big movie watcher and most kids my age don't pay attention to classics and instead look for the newest action movie with zero plot and worse acting and story.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

Well, I'm a big movie watcher and most kids my age don't pay attention to classics and instead look for the newest action movie with zero plot and worse acting and story.

Man, I know exactly where you're coming from. My friends are all the same. They actually paid 11 bucks to see Dukes of Hazzard:guru: I mean, come on! And I still regret paying to see Fantastic Four. Man, that was a bad movie. I hope you don't mind but I'm gonna add one more category

Favorite Movie: This is a tough one because I have a favorite for just about every category, it depends what mood I'm in. Just off the top of my head...Return of the King, Sin City, The Hole, Love Actually or Cold Mountain

Favorite Actor: Clive Owen/Denzel Washington

Favorite Actress: Keira Knightley/Rachel McAdams

Favorite Director: Antoine Fuqua, Ang Lee (The Hulk is a blind spot to me) or The Spielberg

I guess those would be my Top 5 movies. Other ones that deserve mention are Training Day, Scarface, Pulp Fiction, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, The Jacket, Bend It Like Beckham, Million Dollar Baby and The Notebook. Seriously guys, suck up your manhood and watch The Notebook. Very good movie. Some good stuff for the rest of the year too. Chronicles of Narnia, Goblet of Fire, Pride and Prejudice, Domino, Elizabethtown, King Kong. Alright, I'll stop rambling now:D. In fact, I'll be amazed if anyone read all of that.

Originally posted by jetsniper Bend It Like Beckham

Thats one bad movie, OMG i kept laughing about it. Imagine the last free kick in that movie, the goalkeeper was standing next to the post. LMFAO!!

Favo Actor: Al Pacino/Robert de Niro

Favo Actress: Don't have one, but i pick Elisha Cuthbert cuz she's so hot :D

Favorite movie:Shawshenk Redemption,Lord of the rings,maffia movies with Pacino/de niro(like Untouchables/Donnie Brasco etc), History movies like Braveheart/The Patriot. (also a big fan of humor movies, but most of the time they are just funny but not wel directed)

Most recent movie i realy loved was "The BUtterfly effect"allthough Ashton Kutcher was in it!(been a while since i've seen it, but after that i didn't see a better movie)

Originally posted by Dutch_Habs_Fan
Originally posted by jetsniper Bend It Like Beckham

Thats one bad movie, OMG i kept laughing about it. Imagine the last free kick in that movie, the goalkeeper was standing next to the post. LMFAO!!

Favo Actor: Al Pacino/Robert de Niro

Favo Actress: Don't have one, but i pick Elisha Cuthbert cuz she's so hot :D

Favorite movie:Shawshenk Redemption,Lord of the rings,maffia movies with Pacino/de niro(like Untouchables/Donnie Brasco etc), History movies like Braveheart/The Patriot. (also a big fan of humor movies, but most of the time they are just funny but not wel directed)

Most recent movie i realy loved was "The BUtterfly effect"allthough Ashton Kutcher was in it!(been a while since i've seen it, but after that i didn't see a better movie)

Haha yeah! I didn't really like Bend it Like Beckham but I do like Keira Knightley since she does alright in Pirates.

And I forgot about The Shawshank Redemption! What a good movie! I own it but only on VHS. Others I have, but only on VHS are Rocky, Jurassic Park, The Dirty Dozen, Haunted Honeymoon (which makes me remember Gene Wilder), The Frisco Kid (so underrated! this movie is hilarious), Rocky Horror Picture Show, The Babysitters Club (don't ask), Mrs Doubtfire and a couple of others.

My DVD collection is better because I chose the movies I buy.

Star Wars Old Trilogy (George Lucas)

Pirates of the Caribbean (Gore Verbinski)

Space Balls (Mel Brooks)

Young Frankenstein (Mel Brooks)

Life Stinks (Mel Brooks)

Sleeper (Woody Allen)

Manhattan (Woody Allen)

Annie Hall (Woody Allen)

The Princess Bride (Rob Reiner)

Moulin Rouge (Baz Luhrmann)

Monsters, Inc (Peter Docter)

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Chris Columbus)

Bicentennial Man (Chris Columbus)

Rules of Engagement (William Friedkin)

and a lot of others.

But jetsniper, a couple of weeks ago I wanted to see The Brothers Grimm but my friends wanted to see Transporter 2. WHat a waste of $9.50 and the bullets are so CGI that they look like lasers.

11 bucks for Dukes of Hazzard? WOW, lol. I only paid $1.15 last week at the Dollar Cinema... gotta love that place.

My Favourite Actor: Mel Gibson

My Favourite Movie: Braveheart

My Favorite Actress: Elisha Cuthbert (liked her since popular mechanics for kids yo!), Kiera Knightly, and Rachel McAdams

My Favourite Directors: Steven Spielberg and a couple others, just don't know their name. lol

Favorite Actors: Mel Gibson, Harrison Ford, Sean Connery

Favorite Actresses: Keira Knightley, Jessica Alba, though none really jump out at me for consistently being in movies I like

Favorite Movies: Star Wars (Primarliy the original trilogy, but also the ones I like), Backdraft, Rudy, Hunt for Red October, Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger, Rudy, Pirates of the Carribean, Field of Dreams, Signs, and Braveheart are the ones that come to mind first.

Favorite Directors: Spielberg used to be good. George Lucas has amazing movies, but his directing isn't the best. M. Night Shymalan is usually good. (PS: I HATE Tarantino.)

[Edited on 10-4-05 by Fanpuck33]

Bend It Like Beckham will always hold a special place for me since it's where I first found Keira Knightley ^_^ (Trust me, thats a big deal, lol). Another movie that came to mind is Spaceballs. Anyone else like that movie? Man, it's hilarious. I'll post my DVD list for lack of anything else to do.

The Matrix

The Matrix: Reloaded

The Matrix: Revolutions

Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

The Notebook

Cold Mountain

The Jacket

King Arthur

Bend It Like Beckham

The Hole

The Ring

The Ring Two

Spiderman

Spiderman 2

Sin City

Cheaper By The Dozen

The Spongebob Squarepants Movie (lame but oddly funny)

Resident Evil

Resident Evil: Apocalypse

Pirates of the Carribean

Freddy Vs Jason

8 Mile

X Men

X Men 2

The Perfect Score

Terminator 3

Harry Potter And The Philosophers Stone

Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets

Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban

Harold And Kumar Go To White Castle

Dumb And Dumber

Daredevil

Team America: World Police

Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy

Million Dollar Baby

Eh, nothing special yet but thats based on limited funds. I hope to go out and get some classics soon.

Favorite Actors: Tom Hanks, Morgan Freeman, Kiefer Sutherland, Jim Carrey

Favorite Actresses: Elisha Cuthbert, Jodie Foster, Ashley Judd

Favorite Movies: Green Mile, Shawshank Redemption, Million Dollar Baby, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Remember the Titans, Unbreakable, Sixth Sense, Cool Runnings (the end scene just about brings a tear to my eye in that one, what a great movie on so many levels.)

Favourite Directors: M. Night Shyamalan, Frank Darabont

Looking forward to the first full length Wallace and Gromit movie that's opening on friday. If you haven't seen the shorts, check it out, you won't regret it.

Favorite Actors: Tom Hanks, Morgan Freeman, the guy who did Napoleon Dynamite, bruce willis, james stewart, gary cooper, kevin costner,

Favorite Actresses: cate blanchet, nicole kidman,

Favorite Movies: 2001, clockwork orange, to kill a mockingbird, shawshank redemption, field of dreams, finding neverland, schindler's list, the whole die hard trilogy, lord of the rings series, watership down, the red violin, both kill bill movies, the godfather trilogy, the tv version of dune and children of dune, bull durham, kevin costner's baseball movies, sweet hereafter, gary cooper's movies,

Favourite Directors: kubrick, spielberg, coppola,

The first Keira Knightley movie I saw was Bend it Like Beckham but I don't remember liking it much. Or it having any jokes.

Frank Darabont is an amazing director. The Green Mile and The Shawshank Redemption are two of the best movies ever made.

It seems Quentin Tarantino is a hate-him-or-love-him kind of guy. I only saw Reservoir Dogs by him but I loved it! definitely one of my favourite movies. My dad was watching it with me but stopped right away because of the swearing. He also said Pulp Fiction was the movie he disliked the most in his whole life but I can't wait to see it.

The last movie I saw in theaters was Four Brothers. Pretty good and some nice comedy to it.

Someone mentioned Kevin Smith. Dogma was prety funny, but at the same time, twisted and strange. I liked how Chris Rock was the thirteenth apostle but got kicked out of the Bible because he was black.:P

JOHNNY DEPP IS THE BEST ACTOR IN THE WORLD!!!

JOHNNY DEPP IS THE BEST ACTOR IN THE WORLD!!!

I tend to agree with you on this. I didn't include him on my list 'cause I forgot.

As to movies, I could also have added, among others, 'The Transporter', 'Snatch', 'Shirley Valentine' and especially 'Secrets & Lies'.

Finally saw Donnie Brasco.

That makes my Johnny Depp checklist look like this

Pirates of the Caribbean. Check.

Chocolat. Check.

Donnie Brasco. Check.

Edward Scissorhands. Check.

Cry Baby. Check.

Benny and Joon

From Hell

Fear and Loathing

Sleepy Hollow

Finding Neverland

Secret Window

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Corpse Bride

Ed Wood

What's Eating Gilbert Grape

I know. Pretty pathetic considering he's my favourite actor. And those are only the ones I want to see. He has lots more.

I've never seen Nightmare On Elm STreet but I saw Freedy vs Jason which he wasn't in. I plan on seeing more of his movies soon.

The Transporter was alright but the sequel was garbage.

I agree with your comment of The Transporter. It was a classier version of XXX. The ending was a bit weak but, it was, in my opinion, more subtle than XXX which was supposed to be better.

That's too bad about the part 2. I was looking forward to it. I'll watch it anyway.

Speaking of Jason Statham, anybody here ever see SNATCH? What a laugh! What a funny movie! One that I wouldn't refrain from buying from a Hock Shop (I refuse to pay full price for a DVD of a movie.)