Roster full of rookies

CerebusClones

Im quite impressed with how Savard has re-stocked our prospect list. Although we have no true superstar prospect ala Lindros or Lemieux, we do have great quality depth.

Knowing very well it will not happen, I still decided to make up a lineup for this year's roster, including only prospects (yes, I do realize that some of these guys aren't NHL ready, but it's just for fun). I coulnd't be worse than we we've had for the last few years.. he he he :lol:

So here it is:

Hossa-Higgins-Perezhogin

Katsitsyn-Plekanec-Milroy

Ryder-Urquart-Balej

Stewart-Lapierre-Ferland

Bench: Locke, Bonneau, Buturlin

Beauchemin-Komisarek

Hainsey-Archer

Shaby-O'Byrne

Bench: Korpikari, Korneev, Linhart

Garon

Puurula

Bench: Damphousse

interesting that you have beauchemin in the # 1 pairing with komi....

all reports say that he has a pretty well rounded game but go on to say that he is no more than a 5th or 6th d.

imo, if his game is already multidimensional with little fuss made over him, he might prove to be a darkhorse and sruge through the depth chart.

its players like beauchemin and korneev im more intruiged by than a hainsey or hossa.

:hlogo:

Well, keep in mind that this is a prospect-only roster. I also didn't want to put Komi and Hainsey together so that we could have 2 stong pairings.

IMO, it was either Beauchemin or Shasby on that line. I think Shasby has more potential (especially offensively), but he's also a long shot. Also, if Korneev can pull a Rafalski, then he should be paired with Komi. He's good great skills (maybe more than Hainsey), but his size will really hurt his chances.

Originally posted by un_habitant

interesting that you have beauchemin in the # 1 pairing with komi....

all reports say that he has a pretty well rounded game but go on to say that he is no more than a 5th or 6th d.

imo, if his game is already multidimensional with little fuss made over him, he might prove to be a darkhorse and sruge through the depth chart.

its players like beauchemin and korneev im more intruiged by than a hainsey or hossa.

:hlogo:

I'm a big fan of Beauchemin. He is the kind of defensemen we need more of. He is physical, will mix it up, can clear the crease, a good skater, good passer, decent shot and skills on offence. But, his major flaws are in key areas. He is still getting caught out of position going for the big hit, although not as much as he used to be. More importantly, he struggles with reads at times. I noticed he tends to leave his feet a good bit, and that is something that will need to get better at.

But his overall game is solid, just needs to be polished. Another year in Hamilton would be good for him IMO.

Korneev has changed teams. He now plays for AK Bars, so he most likely will get less ice time, but he will be with a solid defensive group. Also he should be on the top pairing for Team Russia's WJC team in december. :hlogo:

As for me, Korpikari is one that has my full attention. I've spoken with some Karpat fans and they had some very good things to say about him. Plus his coach is considered one of the best Finnish defensemen in there history, (so they say) and he was quoted as saying that he liked the way Korpikari plays, "like a defensemen should play" :/)